Pages

November 04, 2008

This, That and the Other thing...

This:

Do you ever get a song stuck in your head and it lasts for DAYS?????

Coach and I had a slight disagreement about an old song recently.

I thought I knew who sang it, and he thought he knew who sang it.

Well, shucks he was right. SNAP. That is so annoying.

But even more annoying...is not getting it out of your head.

"I was drunk, the day my Mom got out of Prison......."

Name that tune.







That:


I woke up out of a dead sleep recently and was trying to remember how to make Tuna for a sandwich. Crazy right? For the life of me, I could not remember if you put celery in it..then I remembered you can but that I also like to put relish in it too.


Then a light bulb went off in my head when I thought
of this particular relish:

If you have not ever tried Wickles Pickles or Wickles Relish, you are missing out on one of life's tastiest pleasures.

They have a sweet flavor to start, then get a bit tangy and spicy.
The kids and I can't get enough of them and can't eat any other kind of pickle now..... They are "wickedly Delicious"
They are sold at the corner grocery store.
I put the pickles out as an appetizer and everyone loves them.

Gotta go make some tuna salad.....




I forgot what my Other thing was.....
A D D who?

9 comments:

  1. You Never Even Called Me By My Name by David Allen Coe

    Yep, I'm from Tennessee. That song has been sung loudly on many drunken occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, it's pretty sad that I know, but the song is "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" by David Allen Coe. It use to play every night at closing at the local bar in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never even call me by my name, guess that's because you call me MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won't print the name of the song again, but I sure knew it. Didn't know who sang it though:) Back when I used to have a life, we used to hear that played often at one local establishment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have "Fast Cars and Freedom" stuck in my head: "...I see a dust trail following an old red Nova, baby blue eyes - your head on my shoulder..." ALL.DAY.LONG. Arrrgghhh!

    My mouth is watering over the sight/thought of that relish! I wonder if I can find it out here? Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I lived in Houston for so long, I have heard David Allen Coe sing that song a bazillion times, and many of them in person at the Texas Opry House. You are stirring up some memories girlfriend ... and that's always fun! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmm, i've never even heard that song.
    and what's the answer to the one about being drunk when your mom got out of prison?
    i like the sound of wickles pickles. i think they would go very well with my cheesey,eggy, bakey bread.
    send some up here. it's too far to the corner store.
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is exactly how I like my tuna salad--celery and lots of relish. I will look for this kind. Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.