Pages

November 26, 2008

I should be...

getting ready for my most favoritest holiday of the year.
But I am not.
I am leaving my family and driving across the state to see my friend Madge.
She only visits on rare occasions. I was really upset that she chose the eve of Thanksgiving to come, but what can you do?


You see, it is her LAST night on tour....and She really wants me to be there with her.
Cause, lord knows where she will be next year.


With A-rod somewhere? In NYC? who knows?



This is a leap for me. Leaving my house on the eve of Thanksgiving and all.


I have lost both of my Grandpa's and my Dad on the eve of Thanksgiving.


And here I am traveling across the state...............by myself.


I will be cautious though. I always am.
If you don't hear from me, I am running away to help her start her next concert tour!!


And I won't hear a word about how the turkey is dry come tomorrow.....cause the good lord and I know, it won't be.

I have the best EVER recipe for Turkey from Martha.....I have used it every year since 1999.....no one has been disappointed. yet.

well, if they have, no one has heard of it because their bodies are in the empty wooded lot next to our house.
I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow with someone they love.
Enjoy!!!

12 comments:

  1. Have lots of fun and be careful!! Say hi to the Material Girl for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful!!!
    Enjoy your time with your friend!
    sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  3. drive safely, and enjoy yourself!! (i deleted the bitchy part of my comment about madge. cos it's thanksgiving and you should be happy.)
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTF???

    You left without ME? Madge has been a good friend of mine for MANY years!

    I'm jealous!!!

    (Happy Thanksgiving!...be safe!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to all the readers of Day By Day.....My Life As A Busy Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great visit with your friend and please drive safely! Those gin raisins won't eat themselves, you know :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you girl - you KNOW I do - but I just don't get the Madonna fascination.

    BUT I hope you had a blast at the concert!
    You'll have to fill us in if A-Rod (her "boy toy du jour") was there... ;-)

    Happy Thanksgiving to your family! 9 gin-soaked raisins for everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jealous here. How does Madge keep that pace at 50? Then again, A-Rod is enough to make any woman want to keep pace...

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so freaking funny! I had no idea you and Madge were such good friends. I am kind of annoyed with her about her whole marriage situation. Can you talk to her about that? Great. Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had fun and hope you told Madge she needs to eat a good steak once in a while !

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.