Pages

November 14, 2008

I want to be a Loser

I don't think this post has much focus....

But here goes.....
I just love the show the "Biggest Loser"

I find it very inspirational whenever I watch it. I need to lose 10 lbs and these people lose so much more.....I need Jillian and Bob in my face daily....

(don't give me heck about 10lbs not being a lot, I am only 5'1 w/ a petite frame and it looks more like 20lbs)

Anyhoo, My cousin Patrick (on the right w/ Lo and Linds) He calls the show: "The Biggest Fat Loser." So, every time I watch the show, in my mind it is called the biggest fat loser. Makes sense right? I mean, they are losing fat.



Linds suggested to me recently that the two of us gain a bunch of weight and go on the show to win. Yeah, my luck we would not get on the show. ;)


I am trying to get myself back on the saddle, starting my exercising again.
Apparently doing "not much" does not work for me. I miss having a waistline and tucking in my shirts and actually wearing a belt.
I tried to make myself believe that all the housework and yard work I have been doing would make up for the dust on the treadmil, but I can't fool myself any longer.


I was toying with the idea of starting a fitness boot camp next week. It is only an hour a day, 5 days a week for 4 weeks. I think it is what I need to get my booty moving. But then my good friend "Debbie Downer" told me it was going to kill me. I don't know if she is exaggerating or if she really fears for my life.

I decided on a compromise. I am going to re-join the community center gym that is about 2 miles away. I will alternate walking there with riding my bike and once there use all the weight/resistance machines. My goal is 4 x a week. Not too much for me to get bored with I hope!!!


On Monday of this week (before my gym revelation) I walked with Debbie Downer for an hour. We got in about 4 miles and DD can really walk fast. We threw in some sprints too.
I generally have a rule about running.
My rule is ONLY RUN WHEN BEING CHASED BY SOMEONE WITH A SHARP OBJECT.
I broke the rule for her and I did.not.like.it.one.bit.

By Wednesday and I could finally walk across the room without wincing. Yeah, I am out of shape.




Bob and Jillian....I NEED YOU!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. I get inspired by The Biggest Loser as well (although I don't get to watch it much as Tuesdays are yoga nights). I sooooo want Jillian's arms though. Good luck with starting your exercising routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I have been lifting weights and are really into it. Unfortunately there is now sowmething totally whack with my left shoulder. It didn't happen when I was lifting weights--it happened when I was taking the day off from lifting weights 'cause my friend had a cold--and I was doing NOTHING when it happened. Aging sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think just the walk or bike ride to the gym several days a week would be enough. That's four miles. Wear a pedometer. The one I got for free from the Leukemia Lymphoma Society tells you how many calories you burned as well as distance and steps taken.
    Maybe take Ozzie and Cocoa with you the days you walk.
    Ok, that's my two cents worth, now please excuse me, my waffles are getting cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, I posted a comment and I didn't get that info that my comment would be posted once it's approved. I hope you got it because it's full of good advice....really good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know how I feel about the gym; I'd love the walk over and back, but the part inside? Not so much. But maybe YOUR gym is really inviting. The strength training is important for us, I know...I should be doing Pilates for the "saddlebags," and I can't seem to care right now. Like you, I am 5'1" tall and any little extra bit of poundage looks much bigger on me than on our tall friends. Did you ever notice how, when we were pregnant, our tummies had to stretch much farther than those tall girls' tummies did? Some of them looked, at full term, the way I looked at about 5 months. It was worth it, though...Gregg calls the after-baby body my "trophy." Smart man. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just joined the gym too. I'll keep you accountable if you will return the favor!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Running girl...I would smack a baby for Jillians arms too.( well, maybe not a baby)

    Jenn, getting old is the pitts. I have had an issue with my right shoulder for about a year. I hurt it by.....simply throwing a softball for cocoa in the yard. I may need a replacement. ;)


    Grandma J, that is really good advice. Walking will get me to lose those pounds, but I am hoping to get my arms back into some sort of shape too....the dogs would love a long walk, but they are so interested in smelling every section of the world. It would take me forever.

    Karen, I have saddles too...hate them. I have never tried pilates. It really does not look like something I would like though. Gregg is funny...our post baby body is our trophy. Love him.

    Woody, yes. That sounds like a plan. I need someone to be held accountable to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very interesting. i too have the treadmill that never moves and i rarely move my butt, tho' i do think the linedancing class has helped shift a few pounds. the girl in front of me in the class has shrunk so much i can now see the person in the line in front of her!! if you follow. she used to have a massive derriere.

    i think the dog walking thing is the best idea.

    and the shoulder?
    mine has also been useless for about 6 months and i'm sick of it. never threw a baseball in my life tho'. think it's something called rotator cuff. who knew?
    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  9. But wait! You have a doggy, and not just any doggy... a fitness expert canine!

    Sooo leash up and go play in the leaves, it really does burn sooo many calories without being boring :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need those people too. Or you could just move here to Pa and we could be walking partners. Thinking about fat makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to do something! I wish I was one of those people that liked to exercise and run but I am not. Just seems like a huge chore for me! My metabolism no longer exists so I am hoping I can get back on track soon! I am still contemplating staying home maybe when I do that I will be able to find time to put together a routine.

    Thank you for the post. Maybe if I just think about exercising it will help me lose weight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep saying I'm going back to the gym starting "Monday". Well, Monday never seems to get here. Maybe I'll join in with you and Woody. We could track our progress and give each other pep talks:)

    The arms that I REALLY want? Linda Hamilton. Terminator 2.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOHHHH I need them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wouldn't it be great to have them just for a day! They are inspiring yet tough!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  16. good for you for getting active! :) ive been meaning to add some more exercise into my day.. maybe u will inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me too! I recently got back on the elliptical
    and am trying to watch portion sizes.
    So hard with this time of year coming upon us tho.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to have julian kick my ass into shape, it is always those ten pounds that are the hardest to lose

    ReplyDelete
  19. Roller Skates sister! R-O-L-L-E-R S-K-A-T-E-S!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.