Pages

November 17, 2008

This and That...

Thanks for all the great comments about my um, you know, my butt and my bike situation.

A couple of you scared me with the visions of callus's on my derriere. It is bad enough I get them on my feet!!! I don't think the nail tech. would appreciate me coming in to have my butt exfoliated....Now, try to get that picture out of your head!!!

Then it was cleared up that my tush would eventually get used to the bike seat. And that I would NOT get real callus's that would be seen.... Thanks Woody, but I am not wearing bike shorts. I have sworn off anything containing spandex. ;0 Spandex is not my friend.

I taped a few episodes of some shows on FIT tv and did an hours worth of abs, shoulders, legs and tush workouts this morning....I will be in pain very soon.


Who knew there were so many words for our "rear"



I had to take Lo to the Dr. today. She has been complaining of headaches for a while now...they are not going away and are becoming a daily event.

The Dr. is unsure of what is ailing her, he threw out a couple of maybes: anemia, tension headache, sinusitis....

He ordered a CT scan and we went and had blood drawn. I have to wait to hear back from the insurance company for approval on the scan.

We just got new insurance and I can't stand it. They are still giving me a hard time about her wrist fracture, they are doing what ever they can to not pay up.

I am trying to think positive that this will just be something simple. **fingers crossed**

And now a funny snippet....
Waiting for the Dr. to come into the exam room, I told Lo that her hair has really gotten long. She says as she is pulling it down in front: "I know. I want it to grow really long so I can cut it and donate it to breast cancer."
I said: "Don't you mean Locks Of Love"
She started laughing hysterically after she realized what she said.


She is also a bit concerned that the CT scan will show large voids in her brain from where she has inhaled helium. great.

13 comments:

  1. Hey, just a question about the headaches, have you had her eyes checked? That's was the cause of the headaches in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Karen, that was one of my first thoughts too. She had a full eye exam a year and a half ago. The Dr. did a preliminary test today and he did not see anything. She has better than perfect eye sight too.
    We will see.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your ins gets on the ball and approves her scan. And kudos to Lo for wanting to donate her hair. Knowing she actually gave of herself will be rewarding. Then around St. Patrick's Day she can go for broke and get her head shaved at a St. Baldrick's event to raise money for cancer! It's nationwide, and a lot of fire departments host them. I couldn't find one here last year, so this year I'm planning on attending one even if I have to travel to do it.
    I'll be doing a fund raiser on-line for those three people who would pay to see Grandma J bald.
    Calouses on your buns? When I used to ride my bike, I think I bought several seats trying to get one that didn't hurt...never did.
    Now I'm sore just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read about your bike and your butt situation. I am not going to be able to keep coming here regularly if there are too many fitness updates because it will make me insanely guilty.....

    What a funny Lo story. Those girls are gems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Lo will be feeling better soon. It may be her eyes. I get headaches when I spend too much time BLOGGING! Eye strain can really do a number on you.

    I'm still trying to figure out whether or not hairy-breasted women would be attractive :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last time I worked out for an hour was when... um... forget it. I never have!

    *oh the shame*

    Insurance companies are all the same, all over the world. You pay them so they don't have to pay you. Gawd I loathe 'em!

    Crossing fingers you get your hard-earned dollars from them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. insurance companies suck! have to seen the movie sicko??

    oh yeah! tush is a cute word.. i also enjoy tookis ( i dunno if thats how you actually spell it, or if its actually a word for that matter!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope they figure out what is causing your daughters headaches soon. That is so sweet and amazing that she want's to donate her hair to such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started getting headaches when I was about her age. After years it has been determined it's "Female Related." Not sure they mentioned that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure she'll be just fine.... but it's good you're getting it checked out.

    You give those insurnance companies hell, girl. Use the term "bad faith" with them... insurance companies don't like that (basically it means that THEY aren't holding up their end of their legal responsibilities.... this will usually scare them into PAYING UP..)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would be really reluctant to do the CAT scan until I tried allergy testing and the like. Doctors are doing these tests to protect themselves and sometimes they're needed. BUT the amount of radiation is a concern--especially when we do this on young kids. Just read up on it and maybe get a second opinion. Sorry for the unsolicited advice, but not everyone is aware of this and the doctors don't always fully present the risks.

    I hope it gets figured out soon. I cluster headaches from about 16 to 24 and it is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for Lo that all is well. and for ease of dealing with the insurance company. They can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.