Pages

November 01, 2008

The randomness never ends with me....



I dreamt the other night that I was backing up my car and I accidentally ran over a little boys' Tinker Toy Set.

The little kid came out from nowhere and started yelling at me that I "ruined" his toy set.

I apologized to him, but was thinking to myself: "you are so lucky I did not run over you because I did not see you or your toy set."
That was a few days ago....I can not stop thinking about it.

Every time I get in the car and back up, I remember what I did and what I COULD have done.
Very strange. Like always. Strange dreams.
Really though, Tinker Toys? What is going on in my head?





Could it be related to my thoughts recently of my childhood toys.
You know all the stuff you outgrew or broke. I wish I had some of it still.
I miss my Barbie Country Camper.
I love to tell my kids that I only had dirt and rocks to play with as a kid, but really I had a couple of nice toys.
The barbie camper was deluxe. There were great little folding chairs to set outside for dining al fresco.


My Brother had the GI Joe hunk and the jeep to go along with him. GI Joe and Barbie used to rendezvous in the back yard for fun. I suppose now they call it "hooking up".



That reminds me....I had the most fantastic kitchen set at one point. It was a Christmas gift from Santa. It was rust/orange colored and metal.

I had a side by side fridge, YES, side by side, a lovely oven with above top microwave and a working sink. Yes, I said a working sink. (don't hate)
I could get water to come through the faucet.
I am now realizing my appliance fetish started very young.
I remember one day taking the entire set out to the back yard.
This is early evidence that I wanted an outdoor kitchen too, I was way ahead of the times.
I think it was left out there though and rusted in the Florida rain. Such a waste.






13 comments:

  1. That is why I LOVE my backup camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that camper!! I forgot all about it, but as soon as I saw the picture it all came back to me. I loved my camper.
    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a barbie camper like that or very similar!! What a crazy dream...I never remember my dreams! Lately, I have not been able to remember much!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a shoe box with a rock named Ken and a stick named Barbie.

    I also got an apple every year for Christmas and thought it was the best present of all.

    I was an easy to please child with a vibrant imagination. I think my mom took advantage of that to save a little coin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz, your dreams are starting to scare me. At least Katie and Tom didn't reappear. Scooby Doo had a van like Barbies camper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the Barbie Dream Camper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. barbie had it all, huh? i relaly loved playing with that camper at my best friends house... she also had the dream house. :) not me! i just had the kitchen... which came with cardboard food... i most remember the box of wax paper that barbie has... almost as long as her leg. i alway thought the porportion was wrong, but maybe she just shopped at sams club, even way back then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woody, I need a back up camera in a bad way.
    Suz, you are welcome.
    Sandy, I remember most of my dreams and bits and pieces of others. No wonder I am tired all the time.
    Persnickity, you crack me up.
    Grandma J, They scare me too. Scooby doo rocks.
    Jenn, didn't barbie have it all? I can't imagine that life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. too funny. an appliance fetish! :-)
    and i was going to say something about not having toys when i was a kid and then i read that comment from persnickety ticker and just fell over.
    priceless.

    surely there's a website where you can explore the meaning of that crazy dream?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new site layout is bea-u-ti-ful!

    Loved. Loved. Loved the Barbie Country Camper! It was followed closely by the Friendship Plane. Oh, how I wish I still had those. I think I made a cool three bucks each selling them at a yardsale. Never had the Dream House though....bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, I had that camper, too!!! I had completely forgotten about it. WOW! That was heaven! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the Barbie airplane, which I loved.

    Suz, the thing that had me LOL'ing about THIS post was your "dining al fresco" comment about your Barbie camper folding chairs.

    You really are hilarious, honey. :-)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had the Barbie Airplane set too HWHL! I loved that thing. Actually it was my sisters (who is 7 years older) but I would play with it. I still remember the smell of the toxins in the plastic. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.