Pages

November 23, 2008

And so it begins.....

Just kidding. My family got arrived promptly at 8 pm last night. They TRIED to convince me earlier in the day that they would arrive around 6:30. They can't fool me. I have known them for a long time....never on time. But I still love them.

Coach made a fantastic Chili dinner, including steak. yes, we are living the high life. He also put some beans in there...so a bit on the yankee side. But it was still delish.


There is 4 people visiting. But apparently they have more people in the bags.....

one week, right???





Coach made "to order" breakfast. Eggs, any way you like. So good. Turkey bacon or fried salami???


Too bad he had to leave to watch the dolphin game. I needed him to make lunch for us too. :)


Remember when I questioned whether or not I needed meds?

Well, it looks like that will be in my future...it is in the genes.




All this for 4 people.

Mom tried to convince me that hers are mostly vitamins...



We had a lovely day, reading the paper, talking, laughing and we watched The Wizard of Oz just for nostalgia. Lo would not join us though, she is 15 and still very much afraid of the flying monkies.



The dogs are loving our good weather. The doors and windows have been open for a few days now. hoping it holds out and I don't have to put on the a/c.


Oh, the life of my dogs. When I die, I want to come back and be one of them.

15 comments:

  1. Looks like the dogs know a good thing when they see it...best seats in the house.

    Have a great visit and don't be dipping into Mom's vitamins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come back and be one of them too!!

    Sounds like a great day. Hope you guys have a great visit and I hope they provide lots of blog fodder - heehee!

    Sunday is my pill minder filling day too - I can't remember if I take it without it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW - I am so jealous of that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is funny!!! LOL at "the meds" and the dogs!!!

    I hope you enjoy your time with your family. Something to always treasure.

    AND...I've never heard of fried salami, but I'm VERY intrigued!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some lucky dogs! Seeing that weather I am wishing I was your neighbor. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am a little nervous about staying home but I know it will be good for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That picture of the dogs is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My pups won't sleep on floor either. Their little bums are too delicate. Have a joyous time with your family. Looks like a lot of fun (one bag(hee hee) and lots of vitamins)Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I just say that I am jealous of your weather. The picture of your dogs is priceless. I hope that you have a wonderful week with the family. Now don't be dipping into all those meds or vitamins while they are there with you! Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the doggie picture!
    Boy, I would love some of that FLA warmth right now. It's been freezing here for the past several days.

    Give Bev a big hug from me (and the girls and Coach too!)

    It's the best week of the year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fried salami? I can feel my arteries clogging just THINKING about it!!! No wonder four people need six weekly pill boxes and ten assorted prescriptions!!! Too Funny!

    At least you know that the pill boxes come in some really cool colors:)

    Enjoy your family....I know they will make your holiday JUST PERFECT:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dogs have the right idea! Enjoy your time with your guests. Most of our relatives live close enough that they never stay with us. Sometimes I wish they would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great week. Good thing you didn't invite me....I'd be there til April.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL @the luggage... we visited my dad for one night and had almost as much. Go figure. :-D

    Hope you have a GREAT time with your guests, sounds like they may need to diet next week, hehe. Fried salami. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture of the dogs is classic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so excited your family is there. It made my face burst into a smile : ). My Mom takes ish loads of pills every day too. It freaks me out a little. My Daddy doesn't take anything but he is supposed to keep a tiny bottle of nitroglycerin tablets with him at all times in case he has a heart attack. Geeeeeeeees. Scary!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.