Pages

November 22, 2008

I have issues that may require Meds.

a typical day for me goes something like this:

Start unloading the dishwasher.

See cat at lanai door asking to go out.

Let cat out.

Remember the dogs are out in the yard somewhere.

Follow cat out and call the dogs.

meanwhile notice the petunias and basil need watering.

water plants.

between pool pump waterfall and hose, now I have to pee.

go inside past the open dishwasher and open cabinets and head to guest bathroom.

remember I have guests coming in 2 days, must wash towels.

Take towels off towel bars and head to laundry room.

Not enough towels to start wash.

go to the girls bathroom to collect towels to add to wash.

ohhh. girls bathroom in in total disarray again.

start to pick up then realize it will take an hour.

grab the girls towels and head back to laundry room.

still not enough to make a full load.

head to my bathroom for some dirty towels.

ohhhh dogs are at the front door.

let dogs in.

Remember to myself the need to use the restroom.

Take care of that task....

now, what was I doing?

Oh, emptying the dishwasher.

finish emptying dishwasher. wipe down countertops.

what is that horrible smudge on the cooktop?

Did someone burn eggs onto it?
Who was cooking eggs?

go to mud room and get out special cleaner for the cooktop.

Notice unopened mail, read a few envelopes and remember I was looking for the cleaner.

pour cleaner onto cooktop. Must let it sit for a bit.

meanwhile, I notice all the appliances are smudged.
Do my family members have to touch EVERY square inch of the microwave and the fridge?

open fridge while cleaning the inner side of the door and see some leftovers.

oh, I am hungry.

It is lunch time.

Warm up some lunch.

finish cleaning the stainless steel.

phone rings.

blah, blah, blah,

yada yada yada.

where was I?

I don't know.

I still have not made the bed yet.

Make my bed.

brush my teeth again.

realize I don't have a hand towel to wipe my toothpaste hands on.

this triggers a memory....oh, I was going to wash towels.

grab dirty towels and take to laundry room.


start the wash.


What is that all over the craft table?

Lo's 15th birthday pages from JULY?

What is my holdup? I must get this done....

4 minutes later....I realized I needed to be doing something else...


Oh, I need to change the sheets in the guest room.

While I am here, I don't think I like the layout of this room.


The bed would look better over here...

well, maybe over here. no. it was good where it was.


I leave the room and head elsewhere..

I tell myself I will focus on ONE thing and get ONE thing done.

by the time I figure out the ONE thing, the stainless steel all needs to be cleaned again.

This happens on a daily basis.

Does anyone else walk into a room and go completely blank, then asks the question to anyone (human or animal)
What did I come in here for????

21 comments:

  1. What was I going to say here???
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!!! Like every day! I think I might need meds too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously?! Do you have a hidden webcam in my house?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes--I am often lost in my own home too.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why am I here...oh yeah, I'm supposed to comment on if I need meds. Wait my kid wants something to drink...okay I'm back. Do I need meds? Oh just a sec, Hubby wants to know where his trucks keys are. Okay where was I? Yes, meds...oh, wait, again, teenager wants...ANYONE HAVE ANY EXTRA MEDS THEY CAN SHARE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are cracking me up! I need to let my husband read this so he sees I am not the only crazy lady that does this!

    He is constantly telling me to finish one thing before I start another. Not possible for a female...we are multi-taskers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, that was me before I simplified my life and retired.
    Try wine, drugs are habit forming :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL LOL! if only it weren't true eh?

    *pats BB on shoulder*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me, too! I do this at work as well.

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. we have a boxer named BELLA. i love your doggies, so beautiful! and arent they so much fun? ours is a goofus. looks alot like yours.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  11. Live and let live!! I'm not scared of a little, well, a lot of pet hair or dust or piles of laundry. If I drink enough, turn down the lights, and take off my glasses, it's like it's not even there.

    So if you come to visit, be prepared to drink in the dark without your specs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's true.
    so true.
    i am exactly the same and have the desk and kitchen, or whichever room i'm working in, to prove it.
    it's not multi-tasking as such. but when i get looks that say, what in god's name are you doing now?, i pretend that that's exactly what i'm doing, multi-tasking.
    what it most likely is,is adult ADHD.
    or
    the other diagnosis could be
    that i am completely round the bend.
    but it was a nice trip.
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this behavior considered unusual? If so, I am in BIG TROUBLE. Excuse me, the cat is meowing to go out.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that always happens to me! LOL...I go in a room and forget what I was there to do or grab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes. What was the question?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm telling you..... we middle age women get ADD! I have NO DOUBT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for making me feel normal again. Now I have to remember what it was I was supposed to be doing instead of blogging.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sad that this is how my day is also. Except I don't have any dogs. But I still go to the back door and wait for them anyway. Tel me what medicine you start taking. I know I need it too!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.