Pages

November 07, 2008

Save the planet and perhaps some frogs too...


If you have a minute visit the website Conservation International. It is chock full of information about our lovely little planet and things we can do to help it last a bit longer....

If you have another minute go ahead and take the Eco Footprint Quiz. and see just how green you are...you may be doing more than you think. (ego booster)
I feel that I scored fairly well. But I sure do have lots of room for improvement.....
I mean, I am not living in a house made of recycled tires (yet) or growing all my own veggies or
even producing my own wine...but a girl can dream can't she?



This website is full of great information..... Such as the list of critically endangered wildlife and how we can help to save them.

You know I am all about saving stuff...money, animals, the planet....you name it.
The giving and saving never ends and that is why I am so tired. ;)



I digress....This is where I started reading (and lost track of time) about the Lake Titicaca Giant frog that is almost extinct.


I have heard of this...well not just the giant frog but of Lake Titicaca itself from my oh, so immature kids.....say it slowly, Lake Titicaca.....
you know you giggled too.... we are all so immature....that is what makes life fun.





Admit it, he is almost cute. He is giving us a thumbs up....
And of course he deserves to be saved.....

8 comments:

  1. I'm an eco-apprentice. Guess it could have been worse:)

    OK. I'm eleven. I giggled!!!

    I really like frogs. In the summer, tree frogs come out every night, and many of them will perch on my windows!!! It's too cold for them now:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! It looks like he's wearing a camoflauge jacket with a hoodie. He must be saved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved saying Lake Titicaca - heehee!!

    I thought that frog was giving the finger.

    Vol Fan does not like frogs. At all. So I like to catch them and torment him. Ok - so I'm eleven too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post - that Frog is something else!

    Oh and FYI I had to shut down my blog for a bit - Ex found it. It's "invite only" but I haven't done the invites yet...all in due time~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. suz: you are not truly saving the planet until you DO live in a house made from recycled tires. Shame on you.
    It would be lovely.
    Smelly tho'.
    Ribbit.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I'm a 22...but here's the deal. I have no idea if the oil from my car is recycled, and I have no idea about the tires either. I don't camp, so I couldn't say I use a tent rather than a motorhome. I don't have a yard, so I can't grow my own stuff, or make my own compost. I don't work so I had to skip that page. In my spare time, I blog, so there isn't much time to walk on nature trails. I want you to know that I can't find organic clothes at Walmart...nothing made from hemp. We don't have a farmers market. I don't understand how being vegan helps the environment.
    On a different site I was rated 13. that one asked what we spend on gas, electricity, if we use natural gas, or those swirly light bulbs etc.
    I do have a few of those bags to bag my own groceries.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did the footprint thing for a world geography class once--it's very enlightening. We've really decreased our meat consumption for several reasons--out footprint being one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clorox is also doing this great program
    http://www.savethefrog.com/

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.