Pages

November 11, 2008

My child is nuts....


In the orthopedic surgeons office last week waiting to get Lo's cast off of her wrist....

we had some time on our hands to have some silly conversations.....


Lo: Why does the DR. always wear those dress shoes?

Me: I don't know. But he sure is cute, even in the purple scrubs and dress shoes.
(it completly embarasses my girls if I say a man is attractive)

Lo: You know purple means "royalty"

Lo: I want to paint my room purple, white and black.

Me: It will still be a messy dump.

Lo: No, it will be a "royal dump"

Very true.....


On the way home after getting the cast off (she has had it for 6 weeks)


Oh, look I can snap my fingers again. wheeee wheeee (loud squeeling)

Oh, look I have unlimited texting capabilities (texting)wheee wheeeee (again, loud squeeling)

Oh, look at all the dead skin cells (as she is scratching off dried skin) ooohhhh ohhhhh

Me: Stop leaving your DNA all over the car please.

A week prior my Mom sent the girls Halloween cards. She stuck a few bucks in there for the girls.
Lo opened her card, said oh, that is so sweet. I love that Grandma Bev.
Then she took her cash and stuck it in her bra stating that: This is where Grandma would put it.
I told her that in a few years she would have enough cleavage to put her cell phone in the middle of her bra like the classy girl I saw at the store recently.
(yes, the woman was walking around w/ a baby on her hip and her cell phone resting in her cleavage. classy....I just can't get the image out of my head either...)

18 comments:

  1. I wish I had enough cleavage to do that.

    *bows head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot! Now I might have to explain to my wife why I'm smiling. Your world delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I hate to admit it but I put my phone in my bra when I don't have pockets. I don't let it stick you though....

    I also put it "there" when I have to silence it. That way it vibrates and I can feel it, and know someone is calling/texting. Have you ever felt a phone vibrate in your bra?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of the mouths of babes! She sounds like a riot. So glad that the cast is off now.
    I have NO cleavage at all, so I couldn't do "classy" tricks like that. Small gals like me need to use pockets or purses; how dull!
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lo is pretty witty! I think she must have a good teacher. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least there wasn't a beer can stored in there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Royal Lo". Too cute. i know she must be thrilled to get the cast off to resume her teenage life! =)

    You know, sometimes the whole cellphone-in-the-cleavage thing can really come in handy. set it on vibrate, and you'll never miss a call.

    I'm just sayin'...

    HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha ha!

    Tell your darling daughter that women who put their cell phones in their bras (OTHER than Grandma J - we'll let her take a "pass" on this one).... are Klassy. And yes, that would be Klassy wit a capital K. (Kind of like women that proudly wear gold teeth with their initial on them.... and let their thong panties (and their belly fat) show above their jeans..... THAT kind of Klassy....

    On another note, Lo just gets prettier and prettier. I'm SURE Coach is having a tough time keeping the boys "at bay". Your girls are both "lookers"! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter's room is painted "Tiffany" blue. I guess that makes it a "classy dump"!!!

    If I were to attempt to store my cell phone in my cleavage, it would hit the ground in a matter of seconds!! Some people have it, some people don't:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. umm... yes, classy, yeah, classy... that's the word I was thinking too.

    Ans umm, unlimited texting capabilities... a girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's a riot, that kid!! So smart, too! Just for the record, I have plenty of cleavage (unfortunately) and I've NEVER used it to hold my cell phone. Or a beer bottle, like I've seen some other classy broads do. (Or is that "Klassy?" HWHL is a hoot!) But, after reading Grandma J's comment, I feel like I might be missing something.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I followed Lo's train of thought completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey at least the phone wasn't somewhere else. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH NO! I put my cell phone there all the time when I don't have pockets. I am sure it is very trashy. I try to stop, but it is just so hard....

    Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i never realized the bosom could be utitlized as a storage area. the possiblities are endless. usually i end up with a few stray crumbs down there; it's a bit of a catch all. might as well make better use of it. thanks for the tip.
    and that Lo girl is a 'chick off the old block'.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Nuts" is such a judgmental wold. Let's just say she is "special!" "Unique!" "Her own person!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a post that makes me laugh...this one made me laugh!!

    Thank you I needed that today!

    I am trying to get the cleavage lady image out of my mind and I did not even see her!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.