Pages

November 20, 2008

Random stuff from Random me.

I say the strangest things to my kids. They hardly blink an eye anymore.


We were driving in the car and out of the blue I had a thought.


I said very serious to them both:


I've got 4 very important rules for you to follow in life.

Now listen carefully.


number 1) You don't tug on Superman's cape.


number 2) You don't spit into the wind.


number 3)You don't pull that mask off the old lone ranger


number 4) and you don't mess around with Jim


What? Who is Jim? Do you mean Uncle Jim? Why would we mess with him?


Yep, I learned all the important stuff from the radio.


*************************************************************************************

Did anyone else have Click Clackers when they were kids? They were made of hard acrylic.
I just loved them. I had several different sets. I recal they did break on occasion. And as a matter of fact, I think that is why they took them off the market.
Someone lost an eye.
Mom's don't always lie, now do they?

*************************************************************************************

Two days ago Coach called me and asked about going to a college basketball game with my family that is coming into town for Thanksgiving.
I pondered the event and said sure, that will work.
He then told me to call them today and confirm that they would be interested.
I said, sure but I will wait till it gets closer, we still have plenty of time.
silence.
Me: hello?
Then it dawned on me that Thanksgiving IS next week. I thought I had a whole 2 weeks to prepare. crap. lots of house to clean.
Now, the ostrich (me) does not only avoid the news and newspaper, I am also avoiding my CALENDAR.
I am excited though. My Favorite Aunt. My Favorite Uncle and wonderful cuz, Patrick and my most favoritest Mom will be arriving this Saturday.
Did November fly by for everyone????
Gotta go clean some rooms.....

19 comments:

  1. These holidays are sneaking up fast. The weather has been really nice this Fall, so it's hard to get into the swing of things.

    College football over Thanksgiving weekend is huge!! How nice he can get some tickets, and if you want, I will go so you can wash the dishes :))
    That reminds me when my granddaughter was three, they went to a University of Florida game, and she was really getting into the cheers. One of them had this line...

    Gators got that ramma jamma ooh ahh

    But Taylor kept saying:
    Gators got my gramma Janna ooh ahh

    gramma janna was me!!

    I have a really cool recipe to show you guys soon. The girls will like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the click clacks. I never had any but the nuns did. They had all kinds of signals for us. I guess it beat yelling at us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dad threw mine in the trash with my cut-outs and barbie stuff. Even though I was the MOST organized of the entire family, he still made an example of ME when something was accidentally left on the floor! Maybe I'll go in his messy garage on Thanksgiving and throw some of his tools away. Afterall, "I could trip and fall and break my neck!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is all good advise--especially the spit into the wind part (Eww).

    ReplyDelete
  5. we called them clackers.
    and when you looked up to the sky there was always a pair dangling from telephone wires on any given street.
    wasn't me tho'.
    now, get on with the housework and the turkey preparations.
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Girl, it really snuck up on me too. Yes, November flew by ... I decided not to handle the turkey dinner this year. I am going to let my Niece take care of it while I continue to work on my goal of getting more settled in our newly remodeled pad. So I'm taking on the Christmas Eve thing for 7 of us and keeping it simple. Yeah ... sure I am ! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Thanksgiving has snuck up on us. Ugghh. Luckily it's our year to stay in town, so it will be somewhat relaxing. Just can't believe it's hear. Then it will be a sprint to Christmas. Now, I'm not ready for that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. novemeber has flown by quite fast for me! and btw.... who is Jim??

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a FUN song :) thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the first one was sage advice from our dearly departed Jim Croce and only awesome mothers would pass it along to their kids.

    Yeah I had to remind my boss that thanksgiving was next week. He wanted to know why I was going to be out of the office for a couple days....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I DO remember click-clacks! I'm getting ready to put a "blast from the past" on my blog today too - stay tuned!

    And YES, TG is next week - I can't wait! I bought the Razzleberry Pie last night. (Have you had Razzleberry Pie yet? OMG - it's SOOOOOOOOOOO good. And on sale this week at Kroger, might I add...) We always have pumpkin pie (which hubster makes, and then a fruit pie, as an option...)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes this things come upon so quickly don't they! Such important things to teach your children too. Happy cleaning to you and as you prepare for the upcoming holdiays I hope you truly do enjoy having all these loved ones around you. To me that is what is most important and makes it such a happy time! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Jim Croce!
    Time in a Bottle; sounds like that's what you need. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you BET that November just flew by... whooosh... leaving us with tousled hair and a black eye! LOL

    Moms know best. Always. Except when you're a teenager and it's your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone is talking about how late Thanksgiving is this year, but it seems early to me. What? Next week?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never heard of click clacks. Did my parents keep a super cool toy from me?

    I can NOT believe Thanksgiving is next week. It is blowing my mind. Do you think December is going to go this fast too?

    I need to go clean some (I mean EVERY) rooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sad day when Jim Croce died in that plane crash in 1973. Didn't see Bad Bad Leroy Brown go to number one. I was a senior in high school at the time.

    I knew a few people who got bruised wrists from those crazy clackers. but I loved playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi--- new to your blog but i like it! anyone that had clackers AND enjoyed them, is a friend of mine. i had purple ones that i pretended were magic crystals as they shone in the sun. i must say i havent thought about those for years. thanks for the memories. and we havent even been on a first date yet! HAHA! kiddin. yes i agree tanksgibbons is early this year... and i'm not ready yet so we will delay ours until the sunday after turkey day.
    is that legal...?

    C

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.