Pages

November 28, 2008

Our week in pictures....

It was a full week with family in town....there was a basketball game, shopping,
more shopping....eating.....laughing....baking....cooking...
Madonna...football in the yard....




making s'mores
my neglected Mom got her first s'more this week.
Lindsay trying on her salsa dance costume for Grandma
ole'
Coach carving the turkey with 2 little drooling dogs staring and thinking:
Please, please drop a turkey leg right herrrrre......





Lauren is our "starch/carb lover"
A little ham and turkey w/ your mashed potatoes?


And yes, she cleaned her plate.
That is her on the couch about 25 minutes later in a turkey/mashed potato induced coma.





The girls got new scarves this week....not how they will be wearing them to school though..



Only dinner for 10.
We could have fed many more families...






My Mom, Cuz Patrick, Coach, Uncle Jim and Aunt Trisha...I suppose this would be the adult table?



Suz, Mother in law Judy, FIL Gary, Lo and Linds....yep, I am still at the kid's table. ;)





Tu Madre.




After Dinner there was a football game in the yard.
My Mom decided to be the cheerleader. Wearing Lindsay's tiara blinged cowboy hat.
My Aunt is the cheerleader coach?









My Uncle crashed during the game....it was terrible.

Even worse? Not getting it on video.

He is fine today though...

The highlight of Thanksgiving day was my Aunt receiving an email from my Cuz Chris who is in Afghanistan. He said he had a very nice dinner and was thinking about all of us.

There was even a football game within his group.

We sure did miss him....

Heading to see my other in laws in the morning.....

more good times to come.

18 comments:

  1. the food looks delish!! & your daughters are so cute w/ their scarves, glad you had a nice time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute family, what a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures, girl! I can't believe I didn't take any! (What the heck is wrong with me???) We had 9 over here... me, Hubster, my 2 kids, my Mom, Dad, my step mother, and my in laws. It was great. We also had enough food for an army and will be eating leftovers forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Aunt and my Mom could be sisters. Almost twins. I had to look twice because I thought it WAS my mom. Weird.

    Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great time. No American's Funniest Home Video footage though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that food looks yummy. The kids table is the best, and more fun. Besides, it looks like yours was outdoors..a great place for Ozzie and Cocoa to hang out for droppings.

    Suz, thanks for stopping by Marey's fundraiser. Good angels never go unnoticed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My family (20 in all) have only been gone for a couple of hours, and I miss them already:( Looks like you guys celebrated it up....despite the late-night concert tour!!!!

    I am kicking myself right now because I DID NOT TAKE ANY PICTURES? I'm such a bloggy failure today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in the starch/carb lover category!
    This was great to meet your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a yummy dinner and lots of fun!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! Looks like a good time and good food was had by all. You have a beautiful family and you can see you have fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We spent the day at the in laws, and between all of us brought a ton of food.

    My son in law and I did some yard work for them, cleaning out the back gutter with a burns-o-matic torch, as there was three inches of solid ice in the gutter, along with the leaves.

    Also played with the grandchildren.

    Glad to see you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what a great looking family!
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next year I might haul my butt over to yours, sit on the porch and drool like a boxer in hopes of some leftovers.

    *drools right now*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I am glad you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great photos. you have a very cute family. love the girls in their scarves.

    i spied on your plate that you didn't eat everything! so no dessert for you. that's a rule right?
    any leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was delightful : ). I love the blinged out cheerleader and her coach : ). I LOVE the carb daughter! I love the new outfit! I love the watching dogs as the turkey was carved....ok, ok, I Love all of it. What a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your family looks like soooo much fun. Sure you don't need a long lost sister out in California to join you for your next holiday gathering? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like it was the perfect day... and i am so thankful for your far-away e-mail... an extra blessing for your family. i think it offers a small bit of peace... to know that on the other side of the world, our traditions are carried on by our soldiers... probably with more love and devotion than we can find on this side of the ocean. i'll keep praying for him...

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.