Pages

December 12, 2008

Because we don't have enough going on.....

My wonderful, sweet, intelligent, funny and perfect husband has decided to add one more small, teeny tiny thing to our ever growing list of things to accomplish in the next few weeks...
First the things we already have obligated ourselves to do.....
  • A birthday celebration Day for Linds...she will be 13 on the 27th, but we are doing it on the 13th. I just realized the connection there, 13 on 13. blonde? check.
  • A day at the dolphins game on the 14th. yes, it takes us a full day to be there. Leave by 9 am and possibly home by 6 or 7. Sunday is shot. Possible fun to be had though....
  • A Friday night dinner w/ some good friends for our "personal Christmas" with them on the 19th.
  • A large cocktail party here for our friends and family on the 20th.
  • Bringing dinner and gifts to Miami for my 95 yr old Grandma and Uncle on the 22nd.
  • My wonderful in laws arrive on the 23rd. They are really helpful, so this is a plus on my list...I just need to make sure their room is clean.
  • Christmas eve dinner here for the family. A large Italian feast.
  • We threw in a last minute vacation get away to the N.C. mountains for new years with some good friends. Must pack lots for that too. Leave on the 28th.
  • plus, finish Christmas cards, take Christmas Picture of kids and dogs, mail cards.
  • Wrap the gifts already purchased, finish shopping.
  • Food shopping, that will be several trips. I can not manage to buy for more than 1 or 2 meals at a time...ADD? check.
Ok, so there are a few "free" days in the middle.
Those were to be my cleaning this over sized house prior to cocktail party and shopping for said party and dinners to come....
But then, my wonderful, sweet, kind and generous husband decides to go ahead with the top to bottom master bath remodel that we were starting last September, then put on hold because business is so sucky. Business is still sucky, but we are forging ahead.
Demolition begins on Monday morning.
So between now and Monday morning at 8 am I have to have the entire bathroom cleaned out with all our belongings.
I was going to move them to the guest bedroom, but my upcoming guests will not appreciate sleeping with boxes of hair products and maxi pads.
Must also make room in big garage for demo'd items to be stored until we know what to do with old cabinets, tub, sinks etc......
It would not be a problem, had we not planned Lindsays birthday "day" on Saturday and all day in Miami on Sunday.
If you don't hear from me, I am either knee deep in bathroom stuff, at Costco, or at the local bar seeing what other people who can't handle day to day life do all day.

16 comments:

  1. i vote you go to the bar!
    you might meet someone who needs something read!
    ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Clippy. Head for the bar.
    I love that term ' business is sucky'/
    I hope you havent promised my spare room out to anyone. I will be arriving by the weekend.
    Rest of family delighted.
    I will say a quick hi and then its off to Florida Mall for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put a vote in for the bar too! I am exhausted just reading everything you have to do. If I was closer I would head to the bar with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suz.... I'm picturing you at the bar, after swilling back a few FULL STRENGTH eggnogs, standing ON THE BAR, telling your story to the regulars... "... and then he said to me 'Excuse me miss but you look like you can READ'...." and then the bar erupts into laughter! :-)

    You'll get through the mayhem, honey. One day at a time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't hit the bottle after this string of events, you are a saint! OMG!

    *sends a few extra hours to Busy Bee*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy lady you are! Demolition right before Christmas..that would put me in the "cucoo bin"!
    Hang in there!
    -sandy toes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bite the bullet and get all your groceries at once...two weeks worth, which should take care of all the entertainment.

    Don't do Christmas cards...post it all on the internet and email everyone to come take a peek. Imagine how many trees you'll be saving? :)

    Now, sit down with a glass of wine and dream about all the free time you'll have.

    Uh...the big garage??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah - get a drink, lots of drinks!!

    BTW - I'll be by for Christmas Eve dinner, Italian is my fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got tired just reading your schedule for the rest of the month. Our prayers are with you and thanks for reminding us how fortunate we are to have some free time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a great little local bar. Why don't you head to VA to help me decorate the porta-potty. THEN, I'll take you to my little bar for a few drinks. I'm not doing Christmas cards, and there is currently no demolition at Casa de Envy:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, you definitely have me beat this year. I'm exhausted just from reading.

    It all sounds like fun though (except for all that work part stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mercy Me, Suz.... I remember days like that. it's so much fun to be with family and friends during the holidays---BUT it also can be (as you know) SO stressful. We are ALOT older than you-but as you get older, you'll miss those times with children in the house and the energy to do all that you can do now. We have simplified our lives ---but one part of me wishes that I were your age again--and busy as a beaver again!!!! Just take it one day at a time--and keep SMILING.. (That bar may help! ha)
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't see blogging on your list!
    Where are your priorities???

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you need to stop right now, take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and then get busy! Sounds busy but lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am ABSOLUTELY EXHAUSTED after reading that. I thought I was busy.

    Well, good luck! If anyone can handle it, it would be you, Busy Bee!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.