Pages

October 10, 2008

Update on THIS (boxer adoption)


Just before I was about to send an email back to the Boxer Rescue group, asking what was taking so long.... I got a call.

Turns out the person in charge of our area lives about 4 miles from me.

We talked for a bit and she is coming over on Sunday night for a "family visit."

She mentioned a 13 month old boxer boy that she just rescued from the pound.

The owners dumped him there because he ate their couch. woops.

Turns out they did not crate train him at all.

They left for work and expected him to just sit and behave all day. (not gonna happen)

I really wanted a boy a bit older, 2 or more just for this problem.

But I am usually up for a challenge anyway.
But, seriously, I love our couch.

The funny thing is, she called our vet to check on Cocoa's vaccinations and the girl who answered the phone knows us....She is one of Jeff's high school softball players.

She told the boxer lady, how great we take care of Cocoa and that we take her everywhere, even to the ball field for practice.

So cool. Such a small world.


I wonder if boy boxers like getting dressed up too????

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with the "family visit"! I'm sure you will welcome your new addition very soon:)

    When I was a newlywed (22 years ago!) we had a chihuahua named Jack. My grandfather had rescued him from an abusive home, and we fell in love with him! He was our first "baby", and I used to dress him up in the winter to keep him warm. I'm sorry to say that he NEVER looked as fashionable as your boxer! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How in the WORLD did you get that poor dog to put up with that!!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chi-Our dog is the most patient animal ever. Seriously. we can do anything to her(not mean) and she does not seem to care. I think likes any attention. She looks really good in a tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it would be way easier to adopt a child. I'm sure everything will go great this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you don't dress him in drag...

    Cute new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole thing just makes me laugh : )! You will pass your home visit with flying colors! I hope the new 'puppy' does not eat your couch. I LOVE that your vet (or the secretary) could vouch for your humanity towards you dog : ). Hope your weekend is happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. if it doesn't work out i will smuggle my next door neighbour's boxer down to you. she is cute but they are letting her bark all of the time and jump up at the windows when anyone walks past. and one day she ran after me and i almost died. thought she was going to eat me. LOL run clippy run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I found you from BHE and we both are Suz's. I too am a boxer fan, though I don't own one now, my favorite dog I ever owned was a boxer (who ate my couch!) named Madison.
    Have to run...will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh poor Cocoa... I'm sure she would like a brother- just so she could share the torture- I mean attention!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.