Pages

October 04, 2008

Channeling Martha Stewart...


Recently I have been doing some spring cleaning.


Yes, I know it is October.
And I am not sure if I am late for the cleaning, or perhaps I am way cool and organized and I am early for spring.

I started in part because of the remodel of our master bath.


I started with the drawers and cabinets in the bathroom.


I am seriously thinking of opening up my own hotel, because I have so many small shampoos, soaps and lotions. Just amazing.

The basket is bigger than it appears. Travel Much?

I never really finished the bathroom. I think I got through 2 drawers and one cabinet.

I am easily distracted....

I next went to my "candle cabinet" in the family room. Yes, I have a serious candle problem.

I decided the cabinet that was holding all the pyro stuff was too small, and I wanted to use said cabinet for my other addiction: scrapbooks.

So candles moved to a large cabinet in the craft/office/laundry room.

The stuff that was in that cabinet was dispersed or donated elsewhere.

Do we see a pattern here? While I am getting rid of some things, mostly I am just moving my crap around the house. I don't know if that constitutes spring cleaning, even if it is Fall.


I guess I am getting rid of some...I have been to Good Will 2x in the last month.

Some of the things that I have come accros, made me wonder

WHAT AM I DOING WITH THIS STUFF?


Such as:

14 pairs of old sunglasses. all scratched or broken



several old rolls of used film. One unused roll of 110 film that expired in 2000.






Not pictured are:

boxes of baby teeth

several letters to Santa (not mine)

girl scout cookie order forms dating back to 1999 (?)

I threw the whole family for a loop when I moved all the medicine, bandaids and vitamins out of a kitchen cabinet and into a mud room cabinet.

It is hard to teach old dogs new tricks....

I suppose after 10 years somethings are just a habit.

I still go to the old cabinet for my vitamins each day too.

I should be taking that ginko stuff for memory, but I keep forgetting to buy it.

7 comments:

  1. At least everything is in tidy little baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last time I cleaned out my closet I had three odd shoes. I have never been able to figure it out, and I didn't throw them away...just in case.

    I hope you develope those rolls of film, maybe they can put then on a CD for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always make me laugh and smile : ). Every single day! Can you please come to my house and do some spring (or fall) cleaning. GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only weirdo that has a candle cabinet!! Girl, I knew we were kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a candle cabinet too...well, right now it's the candle box cuz my hubby has yet to finish the cabinet they will go in...but I am right there with you...do you ever burn candles? Not me...not sure why I have so many....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Ginkgo comment..... I am WITH you on that....

    I'm afraid of my cabinets. I don't want to know what's in them.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have candle draw- I love them! I can't bear it when folk have candles for display and not for burning- I have a mad urge to get the matches out, light them and run!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.