Pages

October 21, 2008

My Fall....


I love the Fall.
The term "Fall" is so different here in South Florida.
Fall means:


Fall craft supplies at Joann's' are on sale.
The grass goes from being a deep lush green needing mowing every 5 days to a light green needing mowing every 9 days.

Pumpkins are on display at the churches.
Publix has huge displays of canned pumpkin and marshmallows.

Our A/C bill will go down about 18 dollars.

I do love getting out my fall stuff.

The colors of fall go so well in our house since I keep most everything neutral all year round and then add color during the holidays.

Heck, even my animals are fall colored, orange, tan, brown.
I am just too coordinated for my own good. Don't hate.



Some shots around the house because I am avoiding laundry, exercise and showering right now...



A great girl scout project from a 100 years ago...those girls loved to use a glue gun...



Below is our "Thankful Tree"

I know, it appears to be something out of the blair witch project, but it is not.

Each year I have the girls cut out leaves...before Thanksgiving dinner we have everyone present write what they are thankful for...we hang them on the tree. After Dinner and dessert we have the kids read them aloud and try to guess who wrote them. This past year, I was out of time and did not get the strings on them, so they are just scattered.


Some great memorable leaves of thankfulness: Grandma Bev's Chocolate pie; good plumbing; airplanes; turkey with gravy; of course family is a regular note on the leaves too....a great idea for a nice family touch.


My dining room centerpiece...

Notice the leaves changing colors on my Christmas Tree palm?

Yeah, me neither...

I think I'll crank the a/c down to 74, put on a sweatshirt and have some hot cocoa.....

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I start my day with you most mornings! You put me in a good mood instantly!! I'm sitting here at my desk, trying to mentally prepare for the babies' arrival in about 8 minutes, and now I'll surely be able to great them with a big smile!! Thanks, Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "gratitude tree" idea. That's a great holiday tradition. It's hard to believe that you need A/C right now. It's down in the 40s here at night, and the mountain passes have SNOW!
    BTW, I totally agree about the word-verification-vision issue. I see some crazy stuff in them, and have to look twice most of the time.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh you are SO funny! It is very nippy here today in PA! I don't want to get dressed. I took Kaish to school in my pyjamas. I am glad to know you are still in your pyjamas too! I LOVE your Thankful Tree idea! What a brilliant idea! Love it! Love it! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live somewhere that has Christmas Tree palms!!!

    In Virginia, Fall ushers in the following: acorns falling like bullets on the shed roof, herbs dying, leaves turning brilliant shades of red, yellow and orange, BHE pulling out all of the blankets and leaving them on the sofa (!), less pet hair falling on the floor, and my kitty cat FINALLY coming indoors long enough to snuggle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall in Florida sounds much like mine in California! I broke out the sweaters a few weeks ago when we finally 'dipped' to the 80's. LOL

    I love fall too though. I do lots of baking and decorating! It is definitely my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fall is my favorite season. I love your theme of "thanks".

    Not only do your fall accessories blend well with your animals, but the foods for fall match too. Pumpkins, nuts, turkeys, yams and chocolate pie..

    ReplyDelete
  7. see? now you beat me! i was going w=to write about our gret GS projects. we were great, weren't we? i sure love that we both have ours out on display :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Thankful tree idea. What a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Fall decor at "Casa de La Suz"!

    It was VERY chilly here last night.... got down into the low 40's. I broke out my REALLY ugly flannel zip up robe (the shapeless one that has the black terrier print... I am SEXY MAMA in it.... NOT.) But boy is it comfy. Put on some sexy warm socks and let me tell ya what - Hubster stayed AWAY last night. LOL. (Not taht that was my intention, mind you, but sometimes it's just nice to snuggle in on a Fall night, you know...?)

    Hey, what is Baby Boy Boxer's name? Did I miss that???

    ReplyDelete
  10. A serious question for you, and Dawn, and other South Florida folks.... does it ever get cold enough to kill off the fleas and mosquitoes? Or do they just hang around all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  11. HWHL-Fleas and Mosquitos are really only a hazzard during the hottest summer months.....June, July, Aug and September.
    *Ozzie* Post to come...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Suz
    How sweet is that project.I love it
    I love palm trees,they are so expensive here

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG HappyWifeHappyLife, I have a red, zip up the front robe with black terriers on it. Mine is almost like new because it's not as roomy as I would like. It's not the robe, it's me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. palm trees?
    sigh
    not fair.
    why do i live up here in the cold north?

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.