Pages

October 31, 2008

BFF tag....

Awwww shucks....I was asked to play a game of Blogging Best Friend Tag by Big Hair Envy. And here I thought I might be to old for besties. Thanks BHE.
If you have not read her blog, you are missing out on some Fun. With a capital F.
She is one sassy southern girl who enjoys life. And I like that. No complaining, just good stuff.
Plus, she is a former spiral perm addict. AND I used to give spiral perms for $$$ back in the working days.
So we are pretty much kindred "hair" spirits.
Her comments can make me spit out my morning of coffee.


The funny thing is, she was given this Tag by Suz @ Alive in Wonderland. (wonderland is Orange County, CA for those NOT in the know) Suz is a fabulous photographer and the reason I found this funny is because Suz kinda/backhanded/sorta tagged me for this recently and I was not sure if I should do it or not. Well, the stars have spoken and I shall. Plus, Suz has a wonderful name. Her Mom and my Mom both have good taste when it comes to naming babies. And she leaves very funny comments that always make me laugh.


Here are the rules:
1. Only five people are allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be someone new or recently new to your blog, and live in another part of the world. 4. You must link back to whoever linked to you.




This is different in the fact that you can ONLY have 5 people...what a bummer.

How can I pick??? Oh, randomly, like me.

When it says the person has to live in another part of the world, well that is just plain crazy. Everyone knows I live in my OWN world. Heck, I could pick
this good friend and she lives just around the corner from me. She most likely won't pass this on, she is a shy blogger. Go give her a visit though and tell her to get out more. Stop working so much and why in the world are you spending so much time trying to change this world???
Oh, cause YOU are da'bomb that is why!!! After Nov 4th, she will have more free time.


Laurie at Kellers on The Prairie has such a lovely blog. She shares her part of the world with everyone. I love her pictures and I have a feeling that her camera is glued to her hand...she takes it everywhere. She and her love moved away from the big city back to her home town and are having a lovely life. Her love has just recovered from a nasty accident, but I think he is on the mend with all her care and attention. Plus, she can grow all kinds of tasty produce. If she were closer, I would take my reusable shopping bags to her back yard and fill em' up.



I suppose I could consider Clippy Mat being from a different part of the world too...she is a Canadian, originally from England. She gives some insight to the cultures of both countries.
Did you know Canadians have a Thanksgiving? Those pilgrims got around ...She is funny and witty She writes what she thinks and she ain't scared to say too much of anything.
Don't even think of going to her house of Halloween for some tricks OR treats. She is very against that holiday and most likely she will be downstairs line dancing anyway.


If I ever get myself back to Texas I am going straight over to the "compound" and visiting with Grandma J. I love people who socialize and Grandma J is "social People." You never know what she is going to come up with, or what kind of trouble she will create....good trouble though. Fun stuff. (Like a pole dancing teddy bear?)
I always look forward to her posts and her comments. She is genuinely a nice person and anyone who converses with her realizes this. Check her out, she will make your day!

One of the most recent blogs I started reading is Baby Favorite . A working mom way over on the left coast. She recently wrote about her brother's terrible accident and it really touched me. (I have thought of this daily now)
I lost my brother years ago, she still has hers, but not like she would care to.
She always has something nice to say and is in a really bad place right now herself. You see, in her little town they only have 3 good shopping stores and wouldn't you know it, one of them is closing down. Damn bad economy. For a woman, that is tragic. She has been in my thoughts and prayers lately. I hope she can overcome this too. :) Really though, check her out.
She has some good stuff to say!!!

If you don't pass this on, that is ok. I won't hold it against you. (for too long)

5 comments:

  1. thanks for your funny compliments (they were coompliments, right?) you always make me laugh (do i say that every time??) well you do. really. i also wanted you to know that i bought my first green bags. they are black :) isn't that funny! but on the last trip i got some green green bags, so now my stash is growing (is it okay that they don't all match?)... and i make cam bring them back out to the car after i unload the groceries! see, you are changing the world too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing tag with me!!! Can't wait to check out those new-to-me bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suz: thanks for the link/tag. i don't know why but i signed up for the 30 blogs in 30 days thing and so this for sure will help out my subject matter.
    AND
    just so you know, i left my house in darkness tonight and didn't hand out treats for halloween.
    no big surprise eh?

    BUT
    i was with the 3 grandchildren who were spider man, a penguin and a flower. they were fabulous. so that part of halloween i liked. cos they were having so much fun. i hope some of the pics we took came out but they were going so fast, i'm not sure.. more blogging material.
    cheers me dear,
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow...you and I read almost exactly the same blogs. How did that work out? Is it you influencing me or me influencing you?

    In any case, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for "sorta" tagging " me on this one *)
    I will check out your blogs. LIke Jason said, you do end up reading the same blogs as your readers. I think it is great to share every once in a while.
    I'm sorry to hear about your brother. That is so sad.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.