Pages

October 24, 2008

This, That and The Other Thing....

This:
I found this organic wine called Our Daily Red, it's from California and it is tasty.



I get it from the Total Wine store for about $9.
On their website it says you can get it from Trader Joes a bit cheaper.
I really want a Trader Joes to open near me. Do you hear that TRADER JOES???

anyhoo, if you like a nice, light red wine to sip, this one is a keeper. No sulfites. yeah!!
Plus the Name is quite "heavenly"


That:
What do you think it means when I dream that I am in a Manhattan Townhouse, cooking with Katie Holmes? It was so crazy. We were cutting up some large leaves of basil, and we were actually doing this on my craft table. I will never know how it ended because one of the cats woke me by crying and scratching on the lanai door.
I am not even a fan of hers.

I am happy that Tom was not there though, I no likey Tom.
Maybe I was concerned because I think I may have seen our new Ozzie pee on my Basil plants on the porch....

they are being replaced asap.

I have many rules. One is: No pee on my mozzarella tomato salad.


The Other Thing:
Driving on our street the other afternoon three graceful deer crossed the road in front of me. I wish one of the kids had been with me.
When we first moved into this house 10 years ago, we would see them almost daily out our back windows. Now, there is so many more homes built, they are running out of space.
Poor bambi.
That reminds me that the first few years in this house someone living near us had a rooster.
What we learned is: roosters do their "cockadoodledoo" many times during the day and night.
It is just a myth that they are morning alarm clocks. ;)
Eventually, he kicked the bucket. We have not heard from him in years.
I am pretty sure he died of old age. right?

15 comments:

  1. THIS: Glad you found a wine you like. I don't touch the stuff, so I can't share in the joy :(
    THAT: Did you watch Eli Stone the other night? Katie Holmes was on as a guest star. Maybe it was just the promos that have been playing the past couple of weeks. I'm with you, I don't care for her or her husband all that much.
    THE OTHER THING: Every night when I drive home from the bar in the middle of the night, I have to drive through quite a large section of forest preserves, so I see deer every time. They're usually off on the side of the road, grazing. Last Saturday, though, a group of three took their sweet time crossing the road in front of me. They are magnificant creatures, but the idea of possibly hitting one with my car scares the bejeezus out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHI-Yes, I did see the promos. That must be where I got it from.....Thanks. I am so easily influenced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admitted last night at happy hour that I can't drink wine (serious headaches with white and red) and there was an audible gasp from the group.

    I do dearly love me some Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not sure about that. Our neighbors had a rooster, and I think he became their dinner. The neighbors were a lovely old couple from Iceland (they were like grandparents to us), and when we asked what happened to the rooster, the husband said, "Oh, de poor ting; it passed avay." My dad thinks they ate it...Love your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Trader Joe's, but don't drink wine...I like basil, but not Tommy Girl.

    Maybe it was Ozzie who killed that palm tree. Poor Ozzie, he's probably just trying to please you in his own sweet way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not LIVE without Trader Joes. I love it. Me no likie Tom either, poo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wouldn't want pee on my salad either!! maybe you wanted to save Katie from her sad sad life with CRAZY Tom??

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wine sounds GREAT. I DESPISE sulfites!!!

    AND... I have been praying for a Trader Joe's every night for years. No one cares though. =(

    I love wildlife in the neighborhood.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Give us this day, our daily Red ! Now that's what I call good advertising. I would flip out for a Whole Foods here. I'm not familiar with Trader Joe's but I have the feeling they are a kick butt store. Have a great weekend. Things are finally settling down for me and I have more time for myself. I even got my roots done this week ! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We sometimes see roos (kangaroos) on our roads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the tip on the wine! Always on the lookout for something good!

    I'm not a fan of Katie or Tom. There is something kinda creepy about both of them.

    Bad boy, Ozzie! Mr. Bear does the same thing. I can't have anything on the patio!

    We have a neighbor that has fighting roosters. (Yes, fighting chickens is illegal but not illegal to own them and house them out in the open where there is no doubt as to what they are!) Those roosters can kick up a ruckus when they get going!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm.... I do love a tasty red wine. And $9 a bottle is a steal/deal! I'll check it out!

    Yes, no pee pee on the basil. That's a "tang" we don't want in the salad, thank you, Ozzie.

    As far as the dream about Katie H., I think you were subconsciously trying to save her from the clutches of Crazy Man Tom Cruise. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I shop at Trader Joe's all the time-- one of my favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Word has it that Katie Holmes is moving in, next door to you !

    ReplyDelete
  15. So funny! We do not have a trader Joe's. The wine looks nice. I have to take some to a party tonight and I don't drink. Would it be ok to take the bottle that our house builder left when we moved in? Or is that tacky? I hope you let me know in the next 10 minutes : ).

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.