Pages

October 12, 2008

It's a Dogs Life.


I Love, Love, Love Cesar Millan.

The man is a genius. He has such a gift with animals and people.

The whole family enjoys watching him rehab dogs that would otherwise be destroyed.

The transformations that he has produced is mind blowing to me.
I like to think that he could be helpful to parents of bad kids too. :0
He is so funny in his explanations to people in his heavy Mexican accent...and so full of common sense.
Jeff and I crack up watching him try to "train" people.

Did I mention how much I love him?

The national geographic channel is running a two hour special on the rehabilitation of Michael Vick's pit bulls.
Ugghhh. Just typing his name makes me shiver. What a loser.

I watched this special through tears. I knew I would.
I am not really a fan of Pitt bulls. They do have a bad reputation.
But I have seen some good ones, and have read about people having them as "perfect pets".
I think every animal deserves a chance to have a good life.
Here is a story about Cesar and his right hand dog Daddy.
He uses Daddy all the time to help other dogs because Daddy has a high tolerance level to all sorts of dogs.

Cesar, as well as many volunteers are working really hard to give the rescued dogs a chance at a normal healthy life.

It is a great show, and if you love animals it will touch your heart.
Jeff likes to think of himself as the "dog whisperer" in our house.
But really ,we know who Cocoa listens to!!
Kidding.
not really kidding. :)

6 comments:

  1. I know who JJ listen's too....who ever has a dog treat or jingles the car keys.

    JJ has priorities. I bet Cocoa does too.

    that show sounds interesting, gonna look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too! I spent a whole summer camped out on the bed with a broken foot and one of the things we watched was The Dog Whisperer.. but we have a cat! LOL It's still fascinating to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish Cesar was in our neighbourhood this weekend. some maniacs went away we think. (you know it's Thanksgiving weekend in Canada right?) Yes we have it too Suz.
    they've left their dog outside and he/she/it has BARKED all night for 2 nights in a row.
    it sounds like this:
    rowfrowfrarfooooooooh
    seriously,
    i can imitate it perfectly.
    when they come back i'm going to break their windows.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to watch this with Kaish! He loves animals. I would MUCH rather watch this with him instead of that crap on the Disney channel? Do you know they promote teenage kissing? PLEASE! give me a break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suz
    I found you through wixy.
    We watch Cesar all the time. As a matter of fact some friends of ours that live in Minnesota were on the show this new season. They are the ones with the wired haired fox terrier that had a fetish with the riding lawn mower, if you happen to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cesar too - I think he does a great service. Think of all the dogs he has saved!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.