Pages

February 24, 2009

Big and Exciting news....


Well, big and exciting for ME....
Really, no one else should care. But I will share because it is exciting for me.
And this is my blog.

Remember a while ago, I spoke about my wandering mind while I was sweeping...and fantasizing about a deluxe vacuum cleaner? You don't remember? Well, go back and click on the link.
*waiting*
*waiting*
Wow, you are a slow reader.
*waiting*

Ok. caught up? well guess what?

Never mind , you will never guess so I will just tell you.
Sometimes Dreams fantasies do come true.

The very next day, in the mail arrives our American Express Rewards catalog.



Yes, it did.


And guess who has a gazillion American Express points racked up.


No. Not me.

Coach does.


Which is pretty much the same, cause what's his is mine.


And what's mine is negotiable.

And lets face it, what's mine is pretty girly, he does not want girly stuff anyway.

Anyhoo, American Express rewards are the best thing in the whole entire universe.


Really.

You know why?

Because they offer EVERY model of the Dyson vacuums.

Yes. DYSON.

As in the Rolls Royce of Vacuums.


And guess who is getting a Dyson vacuum.

No, NOT OPRAH!

ME!!!!!


I am so flipping excited.

I told the girls at least 15 times this weekend: "Did I tell you, I was getting a Dyson??"

They are over it, but not me. I can't wait.

I even had to post it publicly. Ok, to the kitchen public.


Really, I never even got this excited about a new car.

hmmm. I wonder if I need a special license????


*********

And some other, not so important news....
I realized something recently about myself that might be a bit odd.

Well, maybe not that odd.


I started to not feel well, like I was catching the FUNK ...while I taking care of the sick child.
My stomach was just not right and I went into my "Oh pooh, I might be coming down with something mode"

The first few things I do if I feel like I am getting sick......

1)Clean all the toilets. Yes, if I need to throw up, the toilets have to be as clean as possible to keep me from throwing up more than necessary.


2)Clean the bed sheets. If I have to spend any amount of time in bed, the sheets have to be fresh.

3)Buy Orange Juice.

4)Disinfect door handles and telephones.


Not so wacky, right?


Well it worked, because I did not get sick.

**knock on wood**

Hey, did I tell you I am getting a Dyson?

I am so excited. really. I can hardly contain myself.




Ohmygosh. It is purple and shiny.

*bright smiles*

34 comments:

  1. YOu will love your Dyson! I love my banana yellow one! (Though when I "fire it up" the cat goes running!) Be sure to post photos of you "using" the dyson! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suz, I hear you're gettinga Dyson! How cool is that! You are more than welcome to come to my house and put some miles on that puppy! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so jealous! A purple Dyson! You have to give us a report on the performance.
    Now, I'm going back to bed to curl up and suck my thumb.

    congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that exact one.. and I luuuuuuuv it! It amazes me how much fuzz and dust (and cat hair!!!) it picks up in one session. You will gross out.. and then be so happy you have it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...you are excited! How fun and I hope each sweep is "heavenly"!
    ~Sandy toe
    p.s. when my family gets sick...I go on a cleaning BINGE...just in case I get sick...totally relate to the toilet thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound a little delirious,
    are you sure you don't have a fever.
    ha.
    seriously--congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO jealous! YAY for you! I dream about Dyson's and guess what...no one in my house has American Express Reward points so I don't think I will ever get one. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard the breaking news alert on CNN that you're getting a Dyson and came RUNNING RIGHT OVER!

    And - oh yes - I totally hear you about having to throw up in a clean toilet. It's one of my "things" too.... throwing up in an "unclean" toilet is just NOT an option for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on both your Dyson and on not getting sick. You must be really living right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard through the blog vine that you were getting a Dyson. Now we will both have the same model and color ... we are brats, aren't we ?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooo i want a purple vacuum too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say I have one but if my client ever found out - a direct and determined competitor of Dyson - then I would be in very big trouble. So I won't say how much I love my red dyson or what a great job it does. No I won't. And I have the romba, too - oh wait I didn't admit that either - but the dyson is so way better.

    But do remember to clean out the filters and such as they recommend...oh god I was about to go all geeky on you. I know too much about these things.

    Hell have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love it!! Gotta love the American Express points. We have a Costco one so we get a check, but Costco will cash it...maybe I should take the money and buy a Dyson. Let me know how you like it!

    Now you just need to let your mind wander about winning the lottery and sharing all the winnings with your blogging friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy crap! They just broke in on the intercom here at school to announce that Suz is getting a Dyson!! Is it true?? I'm sooooo jealous! I was literally just talking about wishing I could afford a Dyson this weekend with a girl who is getting married and registered for one. Hey, I should look into how many points I have on my own credit card and if a Dyson is an option. The way Buster sheds, I'll probably break it within a month :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I get this. And you are going to need to report on how it works, and post photos of yourself using it, you know! Maybe some "before Dyson" and "after Dyson" photos, Suz. Let the girls & the dogs make a little mess, and then you can clean it up, on film (the kind of fun only a HOMEMAKER can truly appreciate)! YAY! YIPPEE for all of us in the biz! You are a treasure.

    Oh, and to answer your question: yes, they have repaired the Pentagon, and they showed that portion to the kids on the tour. They showed photos of the damage, too, which was helpful, since these kids were under 10 when it happened.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh I love purple. Congrat's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How do you really feel about the Dyson???!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh good!!! now jenn will only have to come over once a month to vacuum my house!! i can set you guys on a 2 week schedule (don't worry, i'll keep up with the every day stuff) and then every 2 weeks i'll be super-de-duper vacuumed! let me know when it comes!! i'd be happy to take the blog photos if your family is over the dyson :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What are you getting again...?

    I'm trying to save my Cash Back Bonus from Discover to get an iPod Touch...credit card rewards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow a Dyson, really? LUCKY you!!!

    I can relate to the clean toilet thingy too. Although when I got sick the other day one minute I felt fine and the next I was green. I literally made my husband clean the toilets because I couldn't get out of bed or off the bathroom floor. A pretty sad sight.

    Sooo happy for you that you bypassed the funk!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you lucky girl!!! BUT---you are the perfect person to have one... You know why??? Because you would USE it... I don't have a Dyson--but the one I have doesn't get alot of use. You---the Cleaner Lady--DESERVES this wonderful toy!!!!! Can you keep your house ANY cleaner????

    By the way, I love that picture of you holding that sign.... Cute!!!! Har Har Har
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dude! How many freakin Amex points do you all have? I am off to check my account! I am green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Not just a Dyson... but a purple one? So jealous... if I ever saw my vacuum I would be all over the plurple ones. Luckily, my vacuum is more dusty than my house. The cleaning people bring their own, and I don't care what color it is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My sister has one and loves it. I have an old Kirby, I'm waiting for it to wear out but the things live forever;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are SO lucky! I'm envious!

    I do the same thing when I'm getting sick, OR when the kids are getting sick ! I disinfect like CRAZY in hopes that I will stop the germs in their tracks. So far, we never spread *anything* from one person to the next. Only one time (strep throat), in fact, in 11 years together! *KNOCK ON WOOD*

    ReplyDelete
  26. You MUST blog about the Dyson when it arrives and you use it.

    Perhaps if I show The King that it comes in PURPLE he will want to get one for me! (dreamin')

    Congratulations on the vacuum.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Isn't the purple one for pets and stuff?

    Oh man. I am green with envy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm with you Suz. A good vac is the best! I got an Oreck a few years back & love it---nice and light weight. Up at the cabin we had a central vac system installed & I really love that. Yup, a vacuum can really make a gal happy!! ;<) Congrats on your new Dyson!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG suz! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH for you! you deserve it, too. did i ever tell you diane used to work in a dyson plant in england, and she used to make them? as an employee, she was allowed to make her own for 25 bucks. holyshitzkey that would of been wonderful. congrats, sistah!

    C

    ReplyDelete
  30. This will really delight you then. You are blogging with a real life DYSON.
    Yes- my maiden name!

    Jo Dyson

    Hope you enjoy your new mean machine !

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am so jealous! I want a new toy like this!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Be careful. If you keep talking about that dang vacuum cleaner, the girls might SHANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.