Pages

February 21, 2009

NEW Find & Yes, I will help move a body if needed.



Oh, I just love it when I stumble on something good.
Sometimes I feel like I am some sort of life changing Explorer...you know, like Columbus, Ponce De Leon or Dora.




I found this fab web site:

Lime.Com Their motto: "Living Healthy With a Twist"

It is centered on living a greener life.

I found a great page on recycling.
You know, I am a freak when it comes to this subject right?

NO?

Well YES, I am a freak.

I have been collecting batteries forever it seems. I just can't throw them out. It pains me to throw out something that I know is bad for the earth. My home planet.

I switched to rechargeable a few years ago, but still come across old alkaline, and I have been dropping them in a basket in the mudroom.

Evidence of my neurosis.

I just knew there was a way to dispose of them in a good manner and I finally found it on this website. Whole foods will take them for me!!
I am so happy.

And yes, I suppose I need MORE of a life IF this makes me so happy.

The entire recycling page is great...it has a pull down for just about anything you need to recycle, cell phones, TV's, clothes, shoes, light bulbs, etc.... just too cool.


Check it out....I even learned how to clean and sanitize my phones without destroying them. Isn't it really gross to think about all the germs on our phones from our hands, faces and breathing, sneezing etc...ugghhh. Vinegar and water is the key here people....


I am also a freak about germs. So the cleaning part is essential....


I don't want to catch the FUNK that Linds has....

************************************

I have been given a wonderful award from one of my favorite bloggers Jason, of The Jason Show. I love reading his blog so much and he has such an inspiring life that you must go and read his story from the beginning. Well, not the diaper time beginning, but you know what I mean. I consider him to be my "Brotha, from another Motha" He always makes me laugh.


The great buddy award.

Pass this on to the kind of friend you could and would call if you had to move a body.




Thanks Jason!!


The Rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award some other blogs.4. Add links to those blogs on yours.5. Let the other bloggers know they received your award.


I will pass this on to:


The Girl Next Door. She is the type of friend we all need...she is smart, scrappy and she is an attorney. (The nice kind) Surely she will know how to hide any evidence. Right? Plus, she may need the help of one of us to hide a body.....hmmm....



ChiTown is another great blogger friend who would be there in a moments notice to help dispose of someone.....I have a feeling she may have had some experience in this. I mean, she IS Italian. (I kid)

That is not stereotyping, is it??? I do miss the Sopranos...


And last but not least is Big Hair Envy. Don't you just love her name? I do. She is a clever and funny gal and I know it would only take one, maybe two glasses of red wine for her to hatch out a plan to cover up help you if you needed her.

21 comments:

  1. Hi Dora! I'm a bit of a clean freak too so thanks for the link to the website and for introducing us to your blog friend, Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Foods will take my batteries? Oh! After all this time someone FINALLY tells me! I really like your freakish neurotic green mindset.

    And, the next time I need to move a dead body, you're going to have to fly in at a moment's notice. Thank you for the nice things you said about me here, sister from another mister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how many places don't have recycling? At my sister's everything goes in the trash...I cannot drop paper into the trash- my hand doesn't want to let go! I am spoiled here: we can recycle glass, metal, paper- both news and mixed, yard waste, cardboard, batteries, car oil-- and starting this week compost from the kitchen and pizza boxes! We barely have "trash!"

    Thanks for spreading the news about that webpage...I will certainly visit.- And if I ever need to move a dead body I know a few people to call now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the link - and the tip about batteries. I HATE throwing them away - it hurts me too! I am a recycling freak but didn't have a clue what to do with a battery - and when you have a 3 year old you go through ALOT of batteries.
    I am also a germ freak - I always use hand sanitizer on my hands - then I rub it all over my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay,will call when I need help with moving dead bodies !!!
    Will chk out the wbsite.I am a fan of vinegar too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Thank you - for the awesome link (I admit i am not as green as I should be but my kids are reforming me!) AND thanks for the award. You know I would be there in a heartbeat when, well, someone seems to have lost their heartbeat. Just sayin'.... and yeah, I just might need to call on some folks soooon....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great website! I am big on clean, recycling and protecting our planet! Thanks for sharing!!!(I am a tree hugger - bird hugger too! Heck - I'll hug anything as long as its not a snake or spider! ha,ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's a shocker for you, I actually got rid of all my batteries and invested in rechargeable ones with the chargers...yep, I had the chargers all lined up on my "charging table" with my phone charger and camera charger. But guess what? Those rechargeable batteries are only good for so many charges, then they don't hold a charge anymore. Plus all that electricity with the chargers plugged in. That was a big waste of money for me.

    So now I put all my used batteries in a cute bag and set it by the dumpster for all my green friends. I also use cloth napkins and...I call St. Vincent de Paul Society for all the clothes and usable stuff...I'm such a good girl. Can you see my carbon footprint shrinking?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great website, Suz... Thanks!!! We try to recycle --and help the earth as much as possible. People who buy hybrid cars don't just buy them to get better gas mileage. We buy them to help the environment.

    We have new computers--and have spent most of today getting them all set up. It will probably take another day or two. BUT-they are WONDERFUL--and faster than lightning.

    Have a great Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a confession. Our recycle box flew away in a windy day on pickup day last week. I threw 3 plastic bottles in our regular trash can, and I felt sick ALL day on Friday. I came home and pulled them out last night. I knew you would be SO dissappointed in me.

    I love Big Hair Envy's name too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I clean my floors with vinegar and hot water and for cleaning spillups and dog icks, i always keep a spray bottle handy with a mix of water, vinegar and rubbing alcohol. It's all you need to clean and disinfect - yey for green and cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whole Foods, huh? Never knew.... I was in there JUST yesterday buying blueberries, rosemary sourdough bread and Jarlsberg cheese. (Comfort foods pour moi....!)

    Next time, I'll bring my batteries... thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the information about the website. We try to recycle as best we can, but it's not always easy to find places to take things out in the country. At least we know what to take along the next time we visit a town with a Whole Foods store.
    Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ay, oh!! Whatta ya tryin' to say about us Dagos there, Suzie Q? Just cuz I know my way around a knee cap don't mean nuttin'!!

    Thanks for the award, my Bloggy Friend! I am truly honored!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now THAT is the way to judge a friendship! Yes, I will help you move that body! I'm going to the recycling page now ... Yaaaay Whole Foods! Have a great Sunday. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the link, Suz. And for the phone cleaning tip. I have disinfectant wipes EVERYWHERE in my house...and even in my car, yes my OCD goes as far as my vehicle. I hate a filthy vehicle, too. Anyway, I can't keep my phones clean enough. I'm going to try that on my remote controls, too, I'm sure it'll work! All those germs on remotes really freaks me out...I'm sure you know what I mean!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Suz!! We country folk know JUST what to do with a body.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. i LOVE whole foods. thanks for da info. i have to say we are not our best here for recycling either, but we do the best we can. my carbon footprint has gone from a size 7 to a size 6 1/2.
    hey, it's a start....

    besides, being in my situation right now, we hardly throw ANYTHING away these days. (you don't wanna know what's in my latest stews....)

    oh. and guess what... you really CAN turn those old pizza boxes into toilet paper.... i have a recipe.

    i will go check out that green site right now! thank you for the info.

    oh. i am also going to the oscars tonight. i am going to wear a very pretty gargage bag that i have decorated with used newspapers, cut and shaped into flowers which i will then attach to said garbage bag with ky jelly (as it is water soluable), and finally, i will embellish it with shiny cherry pits painted with biodegradable paints, jus for some color....
    i aim to jus blend in with the other peeps so as not to make a specticle of meself.
    specially to those italians.
    i owe a few of them money..... ;)

    C

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG!! C, you are too freakin' funny!! You need your own show. And then Suz can be a guest every week. And I'LL be sure to put my Depends on before I watch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tried the rechargeable--not so good IMO.
    But we do take our batteries that are no longer going and going and going....to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read a lot of the same blogs as you! We have the same incredible taste don't we?
    Will have to check out the ones I don't...

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.