Pages

October 15, 2008

This, That and the Other thing

This:
We passed the home/family visit withe the Boxer adoption Rep. We are just waiting now to see if we can meet and greet a few different boys to make sure they jive with Cocoa.
She gets along well with all dogs, we just need to make sure the other dog feels the same way.

Cocoa (right) and her BFF Zack (2 years ago.)


That
I am thrilled that the gas prices are finally going down. Today I saw it for $3.17.
Quite a bargain for our area.
But what really gets my goat, chafes my backside, gets under my skin is filling up my tank at 9:00 am. and then driving back by the EXACT same gas station at 12:00 noon and the price dropped 3 cents.
I feel like I got ripped off. Even more than I am already getting ripped off.

(I just realized there is no cents sign on this keyboard. are they all like that? Maybe they took it off like that "any" key)





The other thing


One of my all time pet peeves.....I am sure I am not alone in this.....It is so wrong....

Men who highlight their hair.

uggghhh.



Men should not spend more time in the salon than I do. There should be a law.

That is all I am saying....






The Other, Other Thing

My most favorite comment recently is this one from Wixy's gone Bananas regarding my LoLo's homecoming picture.:


"Is this your sister? you don't look old enough to be her mother"



thanks Cliff. I heart you, bunches!

And NO, I am not the least bit vain. ;)






13 comments:

  1. I'm going with adorable dogs and beautiful daughter.

    I know I'm old school, but real men do not get highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never fill my tank anymore because gas is going down twice a day it seems. Right now it's $2.62 here.

    that guy with the highlights in his hair is awfully cute!

    Congratulations on passing the test to be adoptive parents. I hope Cocoa picks a good sibling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the other, other thing.

    I want to address the first "other thing." as one who was predominatly gray before I reached my 30th birthday, I have never had a desire to get my hair colored, although my mother used to tease me about it. At this time, I am completely gray and my hair falls over my collar and is very thick. I was asked why I was growing my hair longer and my response was "because I can."

    Read my poem about my gray hair at whattville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on finding the perfect playmate for Cocoa. Gas is finally coming down here, too. I passed a place the other day that was offering it for $3.07 w/a car wash. Not bad! You are dead on with the highlight thing!!! HATE that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO funny! This, that and the other thing! Just love you to pieces. I think you look young also! Oh, and I definitely think you look TOO skinny. Like you did in highschool when people asked you if you were anorexic. I have NEVER in my life had that problem. I am happy you did : )!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that highlighted men's hair is right up there with the mullet. AWFUL!

    Good luck Cocoa! I hope you find the perfect new BFF:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that is my BIGGEST pet peeve when I get gas! OR, after I fill up and then drive 2 blocks I see another gas station that's 10-15 cents cheaper! Sooo annoying. It is good that the prices are starting to trickle down a bit. Let's hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. btw, I adore the pic of Cocoa and Zack. That needs to be on a doggy calendar! Absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the men/highlighting thing!

    Also, gas just went DOWN to $3.75 here. I drove 90 miles south of here yesterday and it was $.40 LESS per gallon. IRKS ME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. men with highlights.
    brrraaaccchh.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gas prices are rockin' these days...about $2.75 here lately, but yeah, going down every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. men should never ever ever higlight there hair! && i just saw guess for $2.99!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gas is $2.79 here today. Just a MONTH ago I couldn't FIND gas, and when I did it was over $4.00!!! Crazy.

    As far as men highlighting their hair, I don't get it either. And, have you noticed the weird cultural thing with young Asian kids - boys and girls - highlighting their hair? (Like REALLY young Asian kids.... elementary school age, and even pre-school age....? It's all the rage here. I don't get it.)

    Shed some light on it for me, Dr. Suz. I'm befuddled....

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.