Pages

October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

There is no trick or treating in our neighborhood. It is not a rule, just a known fact.


The houses are so far apart the kids would be limited to about 5 houses.


If only the Ice Cream man would deliver Halloween candy, I would not have to leave the house....


We will go to a friends house again this year. They live in a "normal" neighborhood. Where the kids can hit about 75 houses in 16 minutes.


They do a nice dinner every year. It is all very fun and festive.

Lo is done with dressing up. That ended the year before last.
We may be able to bribe ($$) her to walk with the younger kids this year.
Linds is a bumble bee. How cute right? Ironic? Mom....busy bee....


I will post some pics this weekend. She had a trunk or treat last night with girl scouts, we have actual trick or treating tonight and she has a costume birthday party/sleepover tomorrow.
I hope this Bee getup we made will hold up.




It just would not be a holiday around her if we didn't dress up the dogs....


I am going to (attempt) to bake a nice dessert for tonight. Something with Pumpkin....


I am not a big baker, or even really good at it, but I do try. I have this fabulous cookbook that my Mom gave to me a few years ago. We make a lot of stuff out of it, the girls and I. Everything has been good. It is kinda like a cookbook for dummies.


and I is the dummie.






I noticed this morning some of the pages are falling out. Only the ones not covered by sticky sugary substances. Those pages will never come out. :)

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys have a fun night ahead. Be sure to let us know what sort of pumpkin dessert you fix.

    BTW - Is that cookbook available WITHOUT the woman on the front? I'd love to get a copy of it, but her perky face makes me want to gouge my eyes out:) Sort of like Brie on "Desperate Housewives"!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love me some Cake Doctor!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those costumes on Cocoa and Ozzie! What a hoot.
    Have fun with your friends at dinner...maybe post pictures of that cake!

    Thanks for the tag! I will get to it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pups look adorable!

    I need that cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a terrific and easy pumpkin cake recipe if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your dogs love you to death for making them dress up in funny costumes. Might want to sleep with one eye open though.

    I love cake. Any cake. I hate perky people. They make me want to shove cake in their faces.

    At this rate, my child is going trick or treating naked. That'll go over well with CPS.

    Email me if you want to know the name, as my sister asked that I not post it on my blog, but gave me approval to share with friends. Since you are a friend, I would be happy to share. Hope you have a great Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dogs look Fab!
    I'm not the best cook, but you know I could give you a Hand. HA Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your Mom turned me onto that cookbook- my favorite is the cupcake doctor!! just as easy... but smaller cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that book. Seriously NEED it.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.