Pages

October 04, 2008

Out of the mouths of (my) babes





Things my gifted 12 year old has said recently:




"You know what would be a really bad invention?

A fireplace made out of wood. "






"Wouldn't it be great if people had tails?


That way we would know if they are happy or not."






"There is a set of twins in my grade. I am friends with one of them.


But I am just not sure which one."





I seriously almost wet me pants at the twins remark.



She and I were in the car recently and I was in one of my goofy moods. I started telling her a story, and I was using a strange accent to tell it. She stared laughing and of course I started laughing and I could not stop. I sounded like I was a cackling witch, which made me laugh all the more. When I finally contained myself I realized she recorded the whole episode on her cell phone. Later that day, she replayed it at home and we laughed again.


I said to her: Don't you dare play that outside this house for anyone to hear.

Her Reply: "OK, I will just invite all my friends over here to listen to it."


Smart Alec.

And yet, she looks so cute.

8 comments:

  1. What a smart kid! I think it would be brilliant if people had tails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bawaaaaah! love the twins comment! Thanks for the laugh. Oh I am afraid to look at what my kids might have captured of me on their phones. Isn't it great when you can enjoy silly moments with your kids?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a doll - I love the 'tail' comment!!

    And, yay for boxers!! Aren't they great dogs?? I miss mine - she couldn't come to FL with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post just made me smile!! Too cute! And, Little Miss Smartie Pants is adorable!!! Don't you sometimes wish they would just keep their mouths closed so you could focus on all that cute? I know I do with the Stud Muffin! I'm contemplating posting Homecoming pics later today, so check in later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks and sounds adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's got you figured out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the twins... priceless. Almost tops the one where James didn't quitye know the name of his new girlfriend. HA

    And yes, I would NEVER tell them not to use something against me... that's like handing it to them on a silver platter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so YOU. I could hear you saying ALL of those things at her age.....

    You have a mini me in Free Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.