Pages

March 31, 2009

Flat Caroline Goes to Jupiter


We had a lovely weekend in Jupiter...it was very short trip but we fit a lot of quality into a teeny tiny bit of time.

Lo played some good softball...and the girls won 2 out of their 4 games. (DA' Bears)

We took Flat Caroline to some really great places...I think she had a wonderful time seeing the Jupiter sights.

I did hear her squeal with delight like a normal (flat) second grader.

I would show you the pictures, but some idiot accidentally deleted her entire memory card before she saved them to the computer.


Do you wonder who that idiot is?

Yeah, that would be me.


I AM STILL KICKING MYSELF!!!!!!
But I am trying to get past it...life is short....I have much to be thankful for....And I will never let it happen again!



My wonderful friend Kelly and her son took Linds, Flat Caroline and myself to the Jupiter lighthouse. I had a great shot of Caroline there.

The emphasis being on HAD!!!!
This one I took from the web will have to do...if I were really clever, I could photoshop her in...but that ain't happening.


We had a nice lunch a the beach and the kids got to stop at the The Cupcake Shoppe for dessert. I did not need to digest a cupcake because I think I consumed many calories just breathing in the scent of them. (I also had good pics here. Darnit)


Kelly also took us to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center on Juno beach.


This place was so awesome....they had many loggerhead turtles that have been rescued and are in the midst of being rehabilitated to go back into the ocean.

(Juno/Jupiter beaches are one of the most heavily nested sea turtle beaches in the world.)

Flat Caroline was able to get up close and personal to some really LARGE loggerheads.

Lucky for me (and Caroline)...Lindsay did take a couple of pictures with her camera!!!

Isn't that so cute...each time we put Caroline by the glass a turtle would swim over....oh, wait, maybe they thought she was food. (that would not be cute)


Many of the turtles were injured by humans...of course. Propeller cuts, hooks in the mouth, flipper etc.....

They were really cute...I just kept thinking of the "surfer" turtles in Finding Nemo....so sweet.


There was not a sign stating this...but they really don't want you to RIDE the turtles. whatever....make a sign already.


If you ever get to Jupiter, look up my friend Kelly...she is a great tour guide.

I think in her last life, she primarily arranged field trips and accomodated her crazy friends!!!

Tomorrow: Flat Caroline goes to the Naples Pier.

(the excitement never ends around here...don't be jealous)

27 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! Loved seeing Flat Caroline w/ that turtle! I am fascinated by turtles - I told my husband I want to take one of those east coast volunteer vacations where you help the baby turtles into the water after they're born.... (yep - I'm a wildlife nut!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day...I love aquariums...so fun!
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on - is this Flat Sally's sister? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day, even without the pics! But I would be totally bummed too. That kinda stuff flies all over me when it happens. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of fun your trip sounds like. I can almost smell the cupcakes from here - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful! I'm not sure Flat Caroline can swim.

    She is so lucky to be spending spring break in FL. What a wonderful whirlwind upscale time.

    Does she sleep with Cocoa and Ozzie, or you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like she enjoyed herself! Yep, that's the lighthouse we climbed! I didn't know how flat FL was...when you drive from Orlando to Miami you don't get to see anything so we took 1A (I think that's it,) and went all the way down the coast...it was so pretty!

    Enjoy the day Busy Bee and Flat Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Flat Caroline idea. That is so much fun. I think that's the evolution of pen pals. And we're all waiting to see where she goes next. I'm actually a little jealous that a paper doll travels more than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Florida!!

    You aren't alone in the pic deleting thing. I completely deleted a birthday party a couple of years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank goodness for the backup camera--I'm pretty sure Flat Caroline needs documentation of her whereabouts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flat Carolina is sure lucky to be in Florida where it is nice and warm. Just think she could be here in Minnesota stuck in a snow bank...she is missing out on so much fun. Not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like an awesome day... and umm those turles always remind me of nemo too. Righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry you lost your pictures, Suz... I would be SO upset if I did that. Sounds like you handled it appropriately.. (I'd be kickin' and screamin'!!! ha)

    I'm glad it was a fun trip. Caroline wrote and told me that she had a great time even though she thought that turtle was going to eat her up!!!!!

    Yum on the cupcakes!!!! I can gain weight just by smelling them..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am jealous. I'd love to live in Naples!!! Did I mention the Gulf of Mexico is my favorite beach???

    Sorry you lost the pictures. That stinks. Lucky for me I have no idea how to delete all my pictures at once otherwise I would be right there with you. Looks like Flat Caroline is having a blast!!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you had such a great time! Flat Caroline looks like she's enjoying herself as well. I'm sure even though the pics were lost, Flat Caroline's memories will live on....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Flat Caroline might have such a good time there in Florida, she might just want to stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sounds as if you had a great time in Jupiter. Loggerhead turtles and cupcakes, not to mention the lighthouse. I'm sorry you lost your pictures -- I always worry about doing that until I get them backed up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. awww, you guys are such a fun family. i wish me and mine could travel around even to short distances, like that. i do love the orlando area. i have always wanted to go down to miami and the keys. all's i need is the moolah. those poor turtles. i cant stand hurt animals of any kind. my heart just breaks.
    lucky caroline.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lighthouses, aquariums and warm sunshine? It just doesn't get any better!!!

    Do you think Flat Caroline might enjoy a trip to VA??

    ReplyDelete
  20. sounds like a wonderfull time. It would be cool to see a lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I went to school with Flat Caroline. For some reason she could never get a date.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We had the perfect date for Flat Caroline here ... but I think I stepped on him... Sorry. And Sorry about your photos! That stinks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. All day long I thought of Lo and Linds. I did not think about Flat Caroline. I think it would be HILARIOUS if you had a picture of a shark getting ready to lunge at the glass and eat Flat Caroline. I think the little students at school would love a special memory like that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh - to be in Florida right now basking in the sun! (Yes, I'm jealous!) :) You know, here in Oklahoma we were fortunate enough to have snow, sleet, and crazy cold wind over the weekend. Now who's jealous???
    To answer your question: No, I haven't watched the movie yet. Someone told me I should read all the books before I watch the movie - so I'm following orders. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hate that you lost your pictures! You have every right to mourn for a while!

    Sounds like you had a great time, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You opened up a can of worms with east coast travel guide, hmmmmm maybe I could make a buck or two, or better yet get my own cupcake as payment for a tour.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Unflat Caroline4/13/09, 1:02 PM

    Thank you thank you thank you! This is Unflat Caroline. Thank you for taking flat me to so many fun places. I really liked seeing the turtle. I wish the Unflat me could go there too! Love, Unflat Caroline

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.