Pages

April 01, 2009

Flat Caroline goes to the Beach.




Monday evening Linds and I took Flat Caroline to the Naples Pier.




I sorta had the intention to take her there for the sunset. But doing that would require me to open up the newspaper on my counter to see what time sunset actually happens.


In my mind, I was thinking it was to set about 7:00 pm. So we wolfed down some dinner and flew down to the beach only to see the sun was still WAY up in the sky. Turns out sunset was to be at 7:43.

Dork.

I was not going to wait for the sunset so we just dealt with it...took some cute pictures even though it was an unusually cloudy/hazy day for Florida.

Actually it was way more hazy on the south side of the pier...above is the south side...below is the north side. So why didn't I take the pic of Caroline on the north side? I am a Dork.


A little video of the pier and Lindsay and I arguing over the pelicans.... she was trying to convince me that they were ducks!!! (yes, I called her a goofball)


Wait...I have a text coming in....


The pier was full of visitors....and from the many different languages we heard most of them were European.

Linds would not let me get a picture of the guy who was fishing while wearing his tight tan Capri's, Dr. Scholls sandals and he had his long sleeved purple polo shirt tied up in a bunch under his chest. He is most definitely not a native!!!

BTW: The $3.25 for a hand dipped ice cream cone on the pier?

TOTALLY worth it.

We packed Flat Caroline up and she is being flown up to the great state of Georgia to visit my longtime friend Happy Wife Happy Life-"T"

Bon voyage my little flat friend.

24 comments:

  1. I'm having a visual of the guy on the pier. Oh I would've loved to have seen a pic of that. Here's hoping Flat Caroline safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like she enjoyed herself. wishing her safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping Flat Caroline has a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pics even though the skies where less than perfect for you. The company makes all the difference and looks like you had a great time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flat Sally told me to tell you she's jealous. Send her home!

    End message.

    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even without the sunset, the pics look great to me! Safe flight for Flat Caroline. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the visit to the pier, Suz... Flat Caroline said that she wanted to come to TN sometime to visit us... Can she???? I'm afraid that she'll get HURT in Hotlanta with HappyWife.... Ya think?????

    Aw shucks--I was hoping to see the 'furnerer' guy who was fishing.... Darn!!!

    What's on your agenda for the day? Yard work???? We're headed to Kroger's to spend some money on "Senior Day"... Can't believe there are so many OLD people there on OUR day!!!!! ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all sounds fun. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an extravaganza you treated Flat Caroline to! I hope she enjoyes Georgia!

    That guy on the pier with the tight capris and calypos shirt? Cubano

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the pelican/duck "discussion". S and I have "discussions" all the time. :)

    And we are VERY excited to have Flat Caroline coming here! Spring Break is next week so there will be many adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A picture of Flat Caroline with the guy in tight pants and purple shirt could have been the highlight of her trip. Oh, the visions in my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a friend who got married in Naples and thinks it's one of the loveliest places on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that she stops for her text message. I see my daughter in that photo and oy! They grow so so fast

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sky is gorgeous and why oh why didn't you snap that photo at least with your cell phone?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm just now getting caught up on my blogger buddies' activities.
    Aaahhh, Napoli...how I love your dolce vita and gelato! Great photos in your postings since I've been away...I am such a sucker for those older photos of the kids! It's great to see them back before we "met." They are as cute as can be.

    You are having some great spring weather, cloudy or not...warm temps, come on up to WA! We are still in the 30s at night...but then, when I read Keller's on the Prairie, I'd better not say any more...you saw her video of the cat trying to get out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure Flat Caroline enjoyed her visit to the pier. That ice cream must definitely be something since you said it was TOTALLY worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pier looks gorgeous!! I'm telling you, Flat Caroline has a better social life than I do. I'm sure she's going to have blast at Tracey's house!!

    I wish you had snapped a shot of that guy. He sounded, um, interesting!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would've loved to have seen that photo of that guys outfit - lol! how many places does flat caroline get to travel to?? Does she want to come to Michigan??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what fun...and how disappointing--I want to see the man on the pier!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoever made Flat Caroline is going to be thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Don't you just love when they say-"hold on" and then promptly whip out their phone to answer a text messsage, like you're not even in the room?

    Looks like Flat Caroline had another great adventure! Safe travels to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did the hawt guy on the pier give you his number? Bwahahaha!

    Suz, where did you grow up??? I detect a VERY southern accent in that video.....and I LIKE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Let me know if you want flat Caroline to make a trek to the Space Needle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unflat Caroline4/13/09, 1:11 PM

    Thank you for taking flat me to the pier! It was awesome! I think I probly liked the pelicans a lot. Love Unflat Caroline

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.