Pages

April 10, 2009

Just when I think I am out of blogging material....

Really, just about every.single.day. I think I have nothing to say.

NOT A THING. Then I remember who I live with....



My girls were with my wonderful In Law's from Sunday until Thursday.

Yes, my IL's are Da' BOMB!

There was much shopping going on...the girls almost have a new wardrobe.

You can personally thank Coach's Mom for stimulating the economy!

And aside from the shopping and general spending time with wonderful Grandparents...there was a visit to the Salon.
Yes, my children got a day at the salon with Grandma and my 17 yr old niece.

Talk about fun for some girls...luuccckkkkyyyy dogs.




Oh Grandmas are good for that kind of stuff...you know the stuff mom's would NEVER spend money on.



We also never give them ice cream for breakfast...right? Right.


Lindsay and LoLo both got some highlights.



Which I find funny 'cause they have gorgeous highlights all thanks to that big ball of fire in the sky.

FREE!!! but whatever....

Then they got some "darker/funky" color at the back.... way underneath....this is the new thing with the girls this past year. They will laugh about it in 20 years.

Kinda like the ol' time Mullet: Business in the front, and a party in the back!


Lindsay's is rocking shade of red/fuchsia. I think she wanted BLUE.


A line was drawn......and blue would have crossed it.
perhaps too many Blue Man shows in her past????


Lo's back/underneath part is a dark brown/Burgundy. Looks cute too. She was already off to softball practice when I got my camera out...


The good thing about hair color, it fades......

Unlike the belly button piercing that Lo is asking for now....ohhhh....and the child never even shows her belly button!!!!


huh????


Ok, so my girls are forever giving me blog material. Whether they like it or NOT.

Seriously. I think Linds may secretly work for blogger.


I was unloading some bags from the store. I layed this box of 750 Q-tips on the counter.



And my silly 13 year old picks up the box and says to me:


"WOW, if this economic crisis gets any worse, we can at least have plenty of Q-tips to eat!"


I feel a bit "cotton-mouthish" at the moment....


22 comments:

  1. My daughter has been bagging for highlights on (also) perfectly perfect blond-ish hair. And I was gonna give it to her (for her birthday) until her Nintendo DS broke. Thankfully I hadn't told her about it yet... or 'oh my'! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cute, cute girls!
    So, what DID you and Coach do with your free time, hmmmm???? Anything that you can blog about??? Or is it all "NC-17" material??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I am scared to see the what the "style" will be when my girls are older~ I have a feeling they won't wear Mary Janes forever:(
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat stabbing and eating Q Tips! What will they think of next? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love being a Grammy!!!!! I love to spoil my grands and then send them home to Mom and Dad!!!! SO much fun!!!! (Don't think my son and DIL appreciate it--but I love it!! Ha)

    I think your older daughter, Lo, looks like you, Suz... At least, the photo with Blue Man makes me think of you.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me laugh - it's the same here! Not hoarding, exactly (Oprah?), but I pulled out one of those HUGE packs of Q-tips last night, as I was trying to find something in the over-full bathroom storage cabinet. It's over-full because of those "value packs" of everything stored in there! What was I thinking when I bought this monster package? That I will never get back to Costco again? There are enough Q-tips in there to clean the ears of a sports team, including the benchwarmers, for goodness' sake.
    Tell the girls from me that you might have more success in a $$ crisis if you re-package & re-sell the Q-tips in little bunches, than if you try to eat them. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember when it was cool to have a mullet and die the back of your hair blond/white. Or a strip down your whole head Mohawk-style. Yea, my parents loved when my boyfriend did that!! I also got a mullet and used peroxide that summer. My whole head turned white. Good thing I had Senior pictures coming up in Sept!!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for them! I took my daughter for a facial for her birthday and she loved it! Now she thinks she needs one every month...haha...silly girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unbeknownst to me, I guess that's the fad here as well. If I don't ask, I'm not informed. Are you going to allow the belly-button piercing??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing says "good morning" like ice cream. I can't wait to take my CA granddaughter for body piercings and tatoos! She knows it too...we talk about it all the time. She says, "yeah grandma them we will rock!".

    She's six, so maybe next year she'll be ready to rock.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Life is never dull with teenagers around, is it? One of the nicest thing about being grandparents is that we can send them back to Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahahahah the hair thing... they call it low lights. i think its cool too. the girls have pretty colors.
    so uh, ya gonna let the button get pierced? i did allow that for my daughter. she still has it. they have pretty bling for the button.
    whatever you decide though, cuz U B da MOM..

    C

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ice cream for breakfast? Oh yeah!
    Love the new dos! Luckly little chickadees. I could do the under color!
    Tell them I do make up for free =)
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well now I know how to cover my gray!

    ReplyDelete
  15. certainly a never ending bloggy supply at your fun house! i love the cute hair that doesn't show... i just don't get the whole belly button thing... i would say NO!

    you'll have to show us Lolo's hair next time! of course Linds would pick something bright and shocking :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those highlights are fantastic. I want some too! : ). Oh yes I do. I love Grandma's. Everything about them makes me feel happy! Have fun with yours! XO Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh...I didn't get highlights until I was 40...and they weren't fuschia LOL!

    You are very lucky to have in laws who treat your kids to a few days with them...we weren't so lucky....I hope to spoil my grandkids like that- when I have some!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful for your girls to have this wonderful time with their grandparents...to get spoiled and all. This truely is a blessing. Your girls are so darn cute and sound like so much fun. I'm glad that they keep you in blog material. Hope you and Coach had some wonderful time together while the girls were away...anything that is blogworthy to share....lol?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You certainly won the IN Law lottery. I clearly did something very, very bad in my last life b/c my ex ones are a nightmare, literally

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love their highlights! I loved to color my hair. And boy oh boy did I pick some crazy colors.

    Once I had bleached it very, very blond - almost white. And for Halloween I decided that I needed it black to go with my costume. So I got the temporary dye and dyed it black for the evening.

    Problem? Dye adheres to bleached hair like crazy!! So instead of just rinsing out. I went from black to steel gray to silver to platinum over the course of several weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yep, always blogging material in your house!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.