Pages

April 03, 2009

Thanks and TGIF



A huge heartfelt thank you to everyone for your kind words yesterday...it really meant a lot to me. I practically was smothered by all the {{{CYBER HUGS}}}
But in a good way of course.
My post made my Mom's day also..she told me how "sweet" I was....I told her:
"I am only sweet cause she taught me to be that way."


I think I got all my good qualities from my Mom....well that is what my Grandma says anyway....(my Dad's Mom)


I spent the day tootling (real word?) around the house...went to one of my favorite places first thing in the morning: Home D*pot. Is it wrong that I like that place so much?
I put in a few new roses...**crossing fingers they survive ME**



Coach asked me if Mark was around to help out in the yard today...I told him I think he was THERE, but he was HINDERING me...I had a few mishaps.
But I will keep those to myself. :)


I was doing some more trimming and I almost took this guys' home away from him!


How cute is he? All curled up and comfy. I said to him: "hey buddy, stay right here while I get my camera...you are too cute." AND he DID.
I am so thankful for a large yard...that way the neighbors don't hear me having conversations with frogs and lizards....
And I will never be guilty of making someone homeless. NEVER.



I am heading back out in the yard this morning....much more work to do.

have 40 bags of mulch being delivered on Saturday....I am excited. Well, not excited about the spreading of it...that is hard work...but I am excited that it will be looking good. I think I may need another 100 bags or more. NEXT WEEK.

My lawn guy stopped by the other day...he has been mowing our yard for about 8 years. He and I usually just wave to each other when he is here.

Well he came to the door and told me what a great job I was doing in the yard. He was impressed by it all!!! REALLY? I was getting complimented by my yard guy. I think I may have blushed. :)

(and yes, it is sad that I am excited about what my yard guy has to say...wow, I am livin' the life!!!)

He told me he may have to hire me. I said, well that is funny, "because I may be looking for a job!!"

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!

May your flowers bloom and your frog friends be comfy!!!






23 comments:

  1. You really are so darn sweet Suz whom ever you get it from. Sounds like you have been quite busy...I hope to see more pictures of all this hard work. It is so fun for me to see pictures of actual flowers, blooming plants and tree's and green grass instead of everything covered in white. It still looks like the middle of December here and feels like it too...but maybe a warm up this weekend with only a small chance of more snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll be posting some "after" pictures when all your hard work is finished. Then, around June, you could mosey on up to ChiTown, cuz I could use a good groundskeeper! ;-) (That's cracking me up cuz my entire yard would fit on your front step!!! See, it would be easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the roses, and the froggy. :)
    And I'm so glad you got all the bloggy love yesterday.... I know it helped. :)
    I hope Bev was able to get some encouragement from the wonderful comments too. I thought of her yesterday.

    However, on a LIGHT note, Flat Caroline arrived yesterday! I'm already planning our adventures next week (Spring Break week). We're going to show her a good time here in the ATL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was a nice compliment. You must be doing a fine job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are livin the life Suz! LOL

    Beautiful roses. I hope they make it too. WOW your landscaper stopped to chat with you about your lawn? That's a hugeeee compliment!!! It must look amazing.

    That little froggy is so darn cute I can't stand it. My kids would love to see him. I love that he stayed right there and waited for you to get back!! He's probably a prince in disguise.

    Have a great weekend!

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I for one think tootling is TOTALLY a real word! I say it all the time. : ) I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. Working outside does have its rewards. That is the cutest little froggie. I saw a bunny in my backyard this morning but knew if I opened the door to try to take a pic of it, he'd hop away, so I just smiled at him through the glass.

    Have fun schlepping mulch! Yep, I'd say that's living the life! : ) Look at it this way, if you can afford to BUY mulch, you're doing OK! See.. its all about perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hard work, but also very satisfying. It's good to know you've got a job offer if it comes to that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cow that is a lot of mulch! I agree with ChiTown and hope we get to see some before and after pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that photo of your little frog friend! Awwww!! (And I've been caught on numerous occassions talking to my birds and squirrels. The neighbors are probably calling me that crazy bird and squirrel lady!) Yep - I think you and I were seperated at birth Suz! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new roses are very beautiful. Have fun in the dirt ... I still have a few weeks yet before I will be full tilt boogie in my gardens. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think we should have married "mulch" men!!! No matter how much I order, I always NEED twice as much!!!!!
    You will have to share photos when you get everything done. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woman, you are not going to be able to move come next week! You'd better slow yourself down before you make us all look bad. Loved the frog. Have a fantabulous weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't do frogs very well. Yours doesn't look to scary, but the ones around here always seem to jump out of nowhere and right at me.

    I think it's great the yard guy complimented you. The Salesman is our yard guy, and he doesn't compliment me on the yard much. Maybe cuz I don't do much in it??

    ReplyDelete
  14. When you finish your yard, can I get you to come and work on ours? It's not as large as your yard, so you won't need as much mulch. We may have more roses, however!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Suz, We went to Hendersonville today to see George's folks... They are doing GREAT. They'd been to the doctor this past week and got great results. Amazing for anyone their ages....

    Hope the yard work went well today. Sounds like it will be gorgeous once it's all finished. I never have enough mulch either.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so sweet to little animals. I guess you could say you are the habitat for little humanities....not to be confused with manatees.

    Hugs to your lawn guy. I give the lawn guys around here cold drinks to "leaf-blow" by patios so I don't have to sweep.

    Why did I think you made your own mulch from coffee grounds, grape leaves and paper towels?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Someday, I may come to you for advice on how to care for a garden... I haven't the faintest clue and am soon inheriting lots of green *panic settling in*

    Little frog is gooorgeous! Happy mulching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You use to live in Arizona? Here in Phoenix? Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhhh, we will have to have a toe wrestling match some day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that southern climate! Our yard is still shades of brown. But we have frogs! It's the first sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad yesterday was brighter day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i looked it up and tootling really means "one who toots alot, hence "tootling" means you are releasing said gas! hahahahahaha

    kiddin

    C

    ReplyDelete
  23. those roses are beautiful! i hope htey last... better your yard than mine, that's for sure!! the froggy picture is great!!! and how clever that you are able to train the frog to "sit" while you run to get the camera!! what talent! hope you are findig time to relax!!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.