Pages

March 05, 2009

A Tisket....A Tasket...

Have you ever hurt your wrist simply by cutting up your lunch?

Me neither.

anyhoo.......

Something you should all know: cat pee is the absolute most vile smell in the entire universe.
I know this. And you are up to date as well.


The girls are to tend to the litter boxes.
Sometimes they forget their scooping duties.

**I should dust off my shank, that will bring back some memories for them**


The cats will let me know if their box(es) are not up to par.


How do they let me know?

They go to the laundry room and find a nice pile of clean clothes/towels and promptly pee on this pile.

Yeah, pretty nasty of them. (and to think, I still feed the little hairballs)
This usually deters me from letting the laundry pile up too.

That is what happened this weekend. I was none to pleased.


I had to wash said "pee" laundry THREE times in super duper hot water to kill the smell..

Really, that is pitiful......considering I have the most, sweet, awesome, uber, washing machine in the whole world.


yes, I have unnatural relationships with all of my appliances.

If you can de-stink a skunk...then why can't I de-pee my cats?



I don't know how I get from one place to another. Really.

The forgetting what I was doing is getting worse. I don't know if it is too late to be tested for a learning disorder......well, maybe not a learning disorder, but a remembering what I was doing 4 minutes ago disorder....ahhh.....some type of disorder, there must be a name for it.
I don't recall anyone ever getting tested when I was a kid. You either got it, or you didn't.
That pretty much meant that you either rode the regular bus, or you rode the short bus. plain and simple.

oh, what was I talking about again?

I grabbed my weights the other morning, brought them into the family room and proceeded to start exercising while watching the Bonnie Hunt show.

Approx 6 minutes later I was possessed to grab a rag and a spray bottle of soapy water and I started spraying the guest bathroom door and trim moldings.

No, they did not call to me, and no they were not filthy, but a bit dusty. From there I hit the linen closet, the guest bedroom door, my bedroom door and the coat closet by the front door.

Of course the soapy water hit the tile floor, so I had to grab the mop and clean up around each door too.

I put the soapy water away and made myself a huge salad with about a pound of mozzarella cheese on it and went to the computer to read blogs while I ate.

That is when it dawned on me that I never really worked out but ended up eating my weight in cheese.
I need help.

Am I alone???

I am a basket case puzzle.


And all that cheese can't be good for my insides either.

But perhaps my wrist will stop throbbing soon.

29 comments:

  1. I am easily distracted too and I know all about the cat pee! As for exercising, somehow I NEVER get around to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!! looks like you are going to pieces!!!!

    :) sorry, couldn't resist!
    thanks for the call last night... it meant a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope,your not alone. Getting side tracked happens to me all the time. As far as the memory goes, I lost that a long time ago and have grown used to it...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, housework is a great exercise! And mozza is low in fat so it all works out just fine.

    Sigh.

    I want your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..sounds like you had quite a workout!

    I've heard of cats doing the naughty someplace other than their litter box.. that's bad! Mine will go where she's supposed to..no matter what. But she still manages to kick 'stuff' across the room after she's done. :p And yes.. I possess super bionical nose powers.. since I am the ooooonly one in the house that can tell when the box needs changing. I should get a cape or something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! My cat does this too.... although for him, he doesn't care if the litter box is full or not, it's his way of saying, "HEY! YOU! you didn't feed me enough, or you didn't pay enough attention to me!" When he's mad, he pees on something and it's usually CLEAN clothes- like we don't have any dirty ones or something.... and excercise- HAHAHAHAHAH there are too many other things to do, like clean a litter box :)

    Spring is headed our way.... I. Can. Not. Wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. White cheese is good for your teeth - so you should feel no guilt about the mozarella in my opinon! I sympathize w/ the kitty problem. I have to clean my cat's little box every other day- otherwise he will slingshot one of his little poops out of the litter box which I inevitably step on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be glad to let you come and get "distracted" at my house;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exact reason I do not own a cat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. um...Suz....that's called "getting older." Sorry to have to be the one to break it to you...it sucks doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so not alone! Sounds like a normal day of multi-tasking to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad my kitties don't do that. They're perfect angels. Marc's kitties, how ever, are worse than yours and peeing on laundry. They once peed on the kitchen counter top. I say they were mad that he wasn't paying attention to them. He says they're now outside cats.

    I hear you on the getting side tracked a dozen times and then forgetting to do what you started out doing. The difference between you and I is that you remembered exactly what else you did, I would have no idea, I would just discover later that my weights were in the middle of the floor and not know why.

    ReplyDelete
  13. one of my cats has a bit of a pee problem, i feel your pain, cat pee is the MOST horrid smell ever!

    a big mozzerella cheese salad sounds yummy!

    and it sounds like u got a bit of a workout in w/ all that cleaning and laundry!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for reminding me why we don't have a cat. I completely understood your malady when I noticed one of your labels was 'Blonde Moments'. Just don't ask me how I know about blonde moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are right...that much cheese will bind you up.
    When you spray your doors with soapy water, did you think maybe that combo would make dust stick to the doors, thus making your door wiping a more frequent chore than necessary? Do you wipe the soapy water off?

    I babysat two enormous cats for three months. My dog never forgave me, and tried to commit suicide several times during their stay. Three loads of hot water?? GF, there goes your carbon footprint!!

    We never had testing as kids either...the regular bus or the short one! HA!! That's hysterical!!!

    Maybe you should take a breather today and go swing on that corgeous gate!!! I'm so jealous of that gate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I teach a spinning class 3 days a week at our gym out here. Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays...I'm up and teaching by 5:45 a.m. If it weren't for those 3 days of self-imposed forced workouts, I'd be regretting every pound of cheese I eat per night. :-) Maybe you should teach a class!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The next time the cleaning bug bites, you can come on over to my house and......oh, look, Shiny Things......

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can diagnose that problem? The Bonnie Hunt Show! She sends me running from the room in search of any menial task to use as a distraction too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have the same pee problem with my cats. For some reason this still hasn't inspired me to not let the laundry pile up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know about the other stuff
    But this I am about to say
    A salad with a pound of cheese
    Is also called a lettuce sundae

    ReplyDelete
  21. YOU are hilarious! First of all, your house is flipping SPOTLESS, ok? Every photo I see, your house looks like something out of "Veranda", or "Coastal Mansions", or whatever. So RELAX about the baseboards, missy.

    Set the weights down; eat the cheese and chicken off the salad, and throw away most of the leafy greens. That's what I do.. :)
    The only multi-tasking you need to do is reading blogs and watching TV. Take it from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it's called "dismembering"

    that's what I think

    when I remember

    what did you say? my mouth is full of cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Suz, You are just a 'silly-billy'.... We all get distracted--going from one thing to the other.. Sometimes I finish the day wondering what in heck I did ALL day!!!! Duh! Today ---I washed the rugs in the bathroom and kitchen... WELL---what did that mean??? That meant that I had to clean the floors BEFORE putting down CLEAN rugs.. And of course, that led into cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen totally.. GOODNESS--all I wanted to do was to wash the rugs... ha ha ha

    Hope your wrist is better. You don't have blogitis, do you??? I hear that it's going around.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maybe if you'd just stick to blogging you wouldn't get side tracked.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm trying to find a pattern to make little bitty diapers for my super picky, peepee trickly bad terrible awful boy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh..my on your towels in the laundry room??? no no no...patient woman you are.
    sandy toe

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never did hurt my wrist but I did lose feeling in my fingertip permanently after frosting cupcakes...cat pee is THE WORST! I had to rely on my husband to do this chore when I was pregnant and they started peeing all over. I didn't blame them, he NEVER cleaned the litter box. It's all left up to us, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can relate to this 100%.
    I remember my mom, walking around our house, asking if anyone knew where she had left her coffee cup, and thinking, "How could you forget that?" Oh, the joys of payback. And the ADD-thing; that's why I don't like to grocery shop alone, even with a list. Gregg thinks it's funny, but I have a secret worry that I'd never find my way home...just stay in the store, looking at the thousands of things on the shelves, "lost in space," wondering what I am doing there. It sounds like Alzheimer's, but I think it's just TMI - Information Overload!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Exactly why the cats have gone to live with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.