Pages

April 25, 2009

It's her Birthday, we're gonna party like it's her birthday...


Happy Birthday to my Mama!
I won't give out her real age......But this could be her 2nd time turning 33!


Little known facts about my Mom.

*When I was a kid, she worked sooo many hours that she would sometimes come home, walk to the top of the landing and fall asleep on the floor. Do you know how many times I thought she was dead? Not fun for a 13yr old.

*She can't NOT say HEEEEYYYYY Sweetly when she calls or sees you in person. It is just a natural reaction she has....HEEEYYYY. (too many years living in GA)

*She will make every effort known to man to wrap a gift as beautiful as she can. It can be a box of old candy, but she will make it look like a million bucks. (The phrase presentation is everything comes to mind) And No, I don't think she really gives away old candy. Not yet anyway.


*Even as a broke and single Mom, she managed to take Mark and I on some great vacations.

Dressed for dinner out at Disney, circa '73-'74?

How I loved that Dumbo....like the dresses?



*She thinks I am the cat's meow. Don't tell her otherwise.

*She reads my blog every day. (Hence the cat's meow part)

Mom with my Grandpa (my Dad's Dad) I love this picture because it pretty much sums up my Mom's relationship with my Dad's parents...love and laughter.


*She used to carry a gun in her purse for protection. One time I was in our backyard hanging from our swing set. I looked down at the ground below me and saw a couple of cotton mouth snakes....I started screaming (I was trapped there) and she came out and shot them. Sarah Connors....did you hear that?


*She can mix some leftovers, some old stuff in my pantry and whip up some gravy and make a gourmet meal. Really. She cooks good enough to make you want to slap your mother. But please, not on her birthday!


*She loves to laugh. When she, my Aunt and I get together, we should wear depends because EVERYTHING IS FUNNY.


At the Atlanta Zoo. No, I did not have to force her to jump on the monkey's back...


* She is an outstanding, caring and loving Mom to me. I could not have asked for better!

*She has accomplished so much in the last few years...She started exercising daily (she loves it) She quit smoking and she lost over 100lbs!! She is living each day to the fullest!!!

*She loves mexican food, margharitas and I am pretty sure she loves latin men also.

*She thinks that Lo and Linds are the sun and the moon...who am I to tell her any different?

*The girls, whenever we talk about Grandma Bev, they always say something like: "that Grandma Bev, she is soooo sweet"

Thanksgiving 2008

Happy Birthday Bev Mom!!!!

30 comments:

  1. Good Morning Suz... I love that last picture of you and your Mom. What a special lady.. AND I can tell that you two have a great relationship.

    I miss my mother so much--especially now that I'm older. There are so many things I wished I would have asked her...

    Your Mom and I must be about the same age. How neat is that!!!! Does she blog????? I know you said she READS your blog--but does she have a blog herself?

    Your Mom and I do have something in common... I still say Heeeeeeeeyyyyyy also.. And I'm not from GA.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Bev! What a wonderful tribute to a fabulous lady.

    Suz, you must make your mother very proud, and I have to say you look just like your mom!

    She shot two snakes? I am in awe! I get scared looking at a gun...she's super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Bev!

    I think she and I would get along famously. No one had to force me on the gorilla's back at the Atlanta Zoo either!

    And my Dad is still 19!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anyone who wears a long halter top dress like she does is a Girlfriend of mine !!! Happy Birthday Mama Bev ... you are fabulous, Dahlink! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing your Mom a Happy Birthday - and may there be many more happy bithdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loud "heeeeyyyy" from Georgia and A very happy birthday to Mom Bev! The photo of the two of you is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures....! Happy b-day 2 your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this tribute to your Mom!! And since she is probably reading- Hi!from Dawn!

    In the couple of times I've spent with her at the girls birthdays, I can see where you get some of that FUN :) (Some if it is unnatural though and that part I think you must have found somewhere on your own!) And I will always think of you Mom every time I see a Cake Doctor book! She was hte first one to ever tell me abouthtem... and now my favorite one: the Cupcake Doctor (same doctor, different patient!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great tribute for a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Bev. I love this tribute to your mom. I truly wish I could have as many happy thoughts as you. It's wonderful to see and hear about a great relationship with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have many memories of your Mama as well - she is an AMAZING woman! Give her a big (virtual) hug from me and a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    Life just gets sweeter and sweeter, doesn't it?

    Happy Birthday Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fruit never falls far from the tree!

    Happy Birthday Busy Bee's mom! Here's to many, many more happy years of laughter and love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Bev! What a beautiful tribute. You're a lucky girl to have such a great mom.

    I laughed when you said she worked so many hours that she would come home and fall asleep on the floor. That's so sad but kudos to her for doing that. Sounds like she did whatever was necessary to raise you. Amazing woman.

    Much love from NJ,
    Sue
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful mom!!! I hope you guys have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww... so glad you still have your mom and you all have such sweet affection for each other. Something to be thankful for! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your mom as soon as you said she shot those snakes for you! Awesome!What a wonderful mom (she has a very pretty smile!) Happy birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. she.
    shot.
    snakes.
    i can't get past that.
    what a woman!!
    happy birthday bev. pistol packin' mama. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah your Mom sounds amazing! Happy Birthday to her...and I have to say I think that dress she wore to Disney is coming right back into style!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    I hope she reads your comment section too! She sounds like one great MOM! A gunslinger too...WoW! that's one fact I can't put on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful tribute to your Mother. You are fortunate to have such a wonderful mother, and she's fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow that is one awesome mama! Happy Birthday you certainly deserve it! And the Sarah Connor comment? Killed me. Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy birthday, mama bev! hope your day is spunky and wonderful! it is clearly already filled with love.
    how lucky suz, to have such a great relationship with your mom.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday to your mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Bev! What a beautiful tribute to your special mom. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree has it? These pictures are great and show such love. I hope you all celebrate well this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. this is such a sweet post, your mama sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. shot two snakes? Oh I wish you could meet my mom. NOt a in million, zillion years could she do that. Sorry but you're mom is totally cool

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful tribute to your mom. She sounds like one in a million. I'm so impressed with her shooting skills. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bev is one of my favorite names. Happy Birthday, Grandma Bev! You look marvelous! Maybe Bev should "guest blog" about how she lost 100 pounds...I have never known someone to do this successfully, and it's fantastic. I wouldn't mind some cooking tips, too, and how she managed to keep that sense of humor when life was so hard for her. She sounds like a wonderful role model for you and your girls. Thanks for sharing about her and her life. Hooray for Bev!

    ReplyDelete
  29. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.