Pages

March 05, 2012

If there was a calling for a professional rambler, I'd have my application turned in first.

I've been really busy lately. Did I tell you I won the lottery? Well, I did, and I am busy as heck spending money so I've not been blogging so much. Plus, I am recovering from the face lift, liposuction and the lip implants. What else would I DO with all my winnings?


Yeah, right.

I'd never get lip implants.

And I hardly ever purchase lottery tickets, but a girl can dream.



Recently,  I took a sunset portrait class, and it included a real live model shoot at sunset. 
Go figure.
These photos are for her {THE MODEL} to use...but I get to share them as well on my 'website'
Is a blog a website? I'll have to check into that one.

Our sunset on this particular day was not great. Which is really sad, because we generally have fantastic sunsets. The sunsets are our paybacks for having to run our a/c for 360 days a year.
Anyhoo...the model was fantastic. And I know modeling. I didn't suffer through hours and hours of America's next top model while the girls were enthralled with the glamorous life of modeling.
{Gag me with a vial of coke and a cigarette.}

Can you believe she is 40? I want to be from Romania in my next life....apparently life is so good there, you don't seem to age.



We are almost done with the renovation of the playroom. We've eliminated two desks, and many cabinets...so I am again moving things around. I realized I was collecting TOO much crapola in the craft room cabinets. So I've been making room to move stuff from the playroom to the craft/laundry room.

You  might think this is the before photo. But you'd be wrong.
 This is the before:
Have you ever heard the phrase: "The more space you have, the more junk you keep?"

This is true for me and our house.
Of course, my junk is very special and it is hard to part with.

I sound really pompous throwing around words like playroom and craft room. I'll never discuss here my gift wrapping room(s).

Today, we are starting on phase II of this newest reno.


I remember my Grandma coming over to our house one day and she stated:
"It is much easier to keep a large house than a small one."

My mom and I looked at each other quizzically...because my Grandma always had a very small house.
I suppose she learned this housekeeping stuff from watching Dynasty and Dallas.

{I miss my G'ma and her funny lines!}



Softball season is upon us!
Sadly, Lolo is not playing....she is dealing with a hip injury. Yet, she is still smiling.
She is like Shakira, her hips don't lie either.

They've been traveling the last few weekends....Friday-Sunday. Between classes/softball and re-hab (for her hip, not the other re-hab) she won't ever get to a keg party.


College isn't like it was when I wasn't there.

But I did learn a good amount of life skills at Beauty College. Such as, don't trust people with pink/spikey hair to give you a normal haircut.

And no, I never had pink hair.
yet.

We had a great weekend hanging out and attending a great party too!
How about you? Anything to ramble on about today?









25 comments:

  1. Ha, Sue we have a playroom and a craft room too...so well - there you go. and I have to clean them out often and I even have a post scheduled tomorrow about messes...but hey...I like where your headed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you get to take a photo class. I should really sign up for one. I wonder if Fred would let me leave for 2 hours a week? That's asking a lot!
    You did a great job with those pictures too. And yes, she is pretty sexy!
    Your cupboard, I don't know about that one. I think it's time to declutter. But you are trying so I guess that counts.
    Have a great Monday!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day Suz, our busy bee
    Went to a photo shoot, you see
    And then to give her kid a tip
    The way to rehab a hurting hip

    We hear about her old play room
    Making over, we hear no gloom
    Thoughts of grandma to wisely use
    The catching up of our gal Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suz, i am also trying so hard to cut down on the stuff, so what was I doing shopping on ebay this weekend???? BAD BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A playroom and a craft room - I'm jealous...
    The class does sound like fun, but I'd have to get a good camera before I would even be allowed to take one. They'd just laugh at me with my little point and shoot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to save way too much also. I miss my craft room from my old house. Here I just have it all junked up inside my office and I'm appalled at what I've got going in here right now.

    So sad to hear about her hip injury. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might give you a run for the money in the rambling department ;)

    Poor Lolo :( Hope her hip improves soon!

    Those Grandmas . . . they say the funniest things. My mom is a grandma ya know . . . just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our playroom eventually became the gift/craft room. Now, truthfully, it's the "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-to-do-with-this-or-where-to-put-this-so-just-stick-it-in-there" room. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fyi...i would be right after you in that line turning in my application...but, mine would be held together with some really cool paper clips that are shaped like cherry blossoms. uh-huh. that's right.

    i hope that Lolo is doing okay...that truly has to suck.

    my crap in my "craft space" (it's more like a couple of book shelves and a small wicker dresser i rescued from the trash!) has its own crap (and ChiTownGirl's description works really well for my area, too!). i want your closet.

    and pink hair? honey. been there. done that. then it was purple....but just in the back. i really was the coolest 6th grade teacher there was in south texas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I hope that hip injury heals fast and painlessly! I also hope your next phase of "BusyBee Extreme Home Makeover" goes smoothly.
    Your photos are stunning! I didn't know you were taking a class - good for you! You have mucho positive energy, Suz - one of the reasons I love u.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only is the Romanian model pretty, I'm jealous that she can balance on a skinny fence rail!!!

    Windy and cold here this weekend but lots of tulips, pear trees etc. blooming.

    So sorry about Lo's hip. Hope you all enjoy the upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you did a great job with your sunset photos with the model. I hope Lolo's rehab goes well and that she will soon be playing again. I'm glad you're getting a lot of practice with de-cluttering a house. When you finish your house, I'm hoping you'll come do ours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you're taking a photography class. Go you! I must admit, I actually LIKE America's Next Top Model!!! Lol. Haven't watched it in years, but that was one reality show that I took guilty pleasure in watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello There, Since I've been away from blogging for a week, I have alot of catching up to do. We had a wonderful trip to Arkansas --but it's great to visit with my blog friends. Hope things are going well with you.

    Sorry that Lolo is hurt again. That is so hard for an athlete.

    One thing about cleaning out junk is that you can get it organized--so that you can find it!!!!! ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. That model must work out. Look at the definition of those calves. Hope the injured player is back at full speed again soon.

    Since you didn't actually WIN the lottery, you should have made up more charitable things you would have done with the money. If you ever DO win, then spend it all on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would've never guessed that the model was 40!
    Yep, you win the Ramble Award...hands down!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's wrong with a playroom and/or craft room. We have worked hard raising kids and deserve this stuff. Even with our first grandchild due to arrive this summer, I am not giving him/her the room I have been anticipating for years!
    Bummer on the injury but if she is going to be okay, that is the main thing. That poor model - - - what a burden to be so beautiful all the time - - - - I've never had that problem! - - - - - and I will probably update again about Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always thought to get my hair done by the person with the ugly hair since you know the partner did it!

    Great photos :)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ... lemme say this... if there EVER were a rambler's contest, i would def. vote for YOU... i would even cheat and slip thousands of votes for you in da box when no one was lookin...

    i cant believe how many freekin spidies you have in your yard, it freeked me out! im not too bad with the damn things, but i'll tell ya if it were caterpllars, worms, snakes and the likes... i'd MOVE.. they are MY phobias. girl, i've had nightmares...

    i hope your lil hipster heals happily however, hope her hip heals honestly... her has hip-hip-horray hungry hungry hippo's!


    don't ask, i was high on caffeine and chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, the things I've missed! But life needs to get back to how it should be, and other than pink hair dreams.... you're normal enough for me:) I've missed you...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't even know where to start commenting...it's like every single sentence you type makes me laugh. Thanks for the smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the best rambler ever.

    Also? You are a photographer!

    And? An awesome gardener!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The sunset pics are lovely. The model looks good, too.
    I tend to keep all of my junk until I run out of space. Then throwing out becomes necessary. The advantage of a small house would be the necessity of throwing out the junk right away.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.