Pages

June 05, 2009

TGIF and goings on…..

I can’t believe it is June. June 5th for heavens sakes.

I want to hit the pause on the ‘life’ remote control.

The girls and I have had a good week together. No blood shed. No shanking of any kind.

They had a 1/2 day on Tuesday and have been out of school since then. My Niece is here and we are having fun.

102_1715

We went and saw the movie UP on Wednesday. VERY, VERY cute. I liked it mucho mucho. But again, I was confuzzled and ended up seeing the 3D version. I don’t care for the 3D part and they charge 3 bucks MORE for it. My Ticket was 11.50. FOR A MATINEE. Gouge much?

Gee willickers. I need to pay better attention to these things…..my bad.

I took the girls ice skating on Thursday. I was a watcher. The last time I ice skated (I accidentally wrote LICE skated first…that is a visual) I fell and I really almost hurt my hip. I am too young to break a hip. I hear once you do that…it is all down hill from there! But the girls had a good time…they have not ice skated in years and took to it like a fish in water. Just amazing!P1000119

Driving to the East Coast today to pick up my friends 2 dogs. They are going to the Keys on vacay and I am boarding the babies. Yes, I am a fantastic friend.

But She would do the same for me, so fair is fair.

I will have 4 boxers here.

We shall call this week: BoxerFest 2009. Get in line early if you want a T-shirt!!

Cocoa just has no clue her 2 besties are coming over….she will be in heaven. Ozzie, well, he can take other dogs or he can leave em.’ He really loves ME Cocoa best.

There will be lots of romping around and some of this:

The licking dog

Followed by some of this:

DSCN5387

Coach and Lo are driving up north for a softball tourney today for the weekend. Essentially we will be driving together, but in separate directions in separate cars. How romantic. Had we had these sort of weekends together/apart 15 years ago, our family would be much smaller.

Happy Friday everyone!!

I wish for you a weekend filled with wet kisses, good times and lots of love!

19 comments:

  1. Really cute pics of Cocoa and Ozzie. Sounds like you and the girls had a fun, busy week. Hope the weekend is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a golf cart like that, and maybe a golf course to go with it.

    Four boxers at once? p.a.r.t.y!

    Coach is driving up north, and you are driving to the east coast (like FL isn't already on the east coast lol). Do you know what that means? It means you have used up all your carbon credits for the month. yep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good week. I'm sure there are more to come. Pics of your boxer babies are too cute. I'll take one of those t-shirts. Once upon a time, we had a week with five boxers. Two of our own, two that we were fostering and one we were dog sitting. OY! What a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about the separate directions, separate times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your final blurb. Have fun with your houseguests. Isn't the first week of summer break just wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee Hee I didn't know you people down south could skate:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who's having the most fun you or the kids. Sounds like they are getting off to a good start for summer break. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Right back to ya! Love the boxer-on-back-on-couch photo. That could win an award (I don't know what award, but some award)! Drive safely, now. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, Suz... Your summer so far has been busy...Three teenage girls in the house and now FOUR Boxers... Gads--think I'll keep this life of retirement even though I do miss that lifestyle (just a tad). ha ha

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. boy bee your home is becoming a regular ole shelter... the dogs.. the niece!! pretty soon there isn't going to be any room for you!! maybe that is intentional!! he he... have a good weekend and a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BoxerFest 2009 sounds like lots of fun. I hope you will keep us posted on all the exciting events.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will be a busy bee with that new camera with all that doggone action at your house!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see photos from the doggy party you're having! Woof!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Go look out your window. See me? That round shape outside of your gate? That is me waiting for my Boxer Fest shirt : ). I am getting in line early because I know they are going to be in DEMAND like crazy : )

    I am glad you spared your hip! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. you too, sweetie pea ... a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how shiny your dogs are! Um, any place for humans on that couch? LOL

    Have a great weekend, enjoy the dog smoochies!

    PS: I almost wrote "wow you're brave for taking on 4 dogs at once" and then remembered I am planning on doing this for a living. Lord help meh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love boxers SO much. we are having thunderstorms and bella is scared. she paces, takes turns snuggling us, then just keeps pacing. silly girl. we keep reassuring her but it doesnt work.

    shoulda named her skiddish.....


    C

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like the usual amount of fun going on with the Busy Bee family!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.