Pages

June 10, 2009

Our Visitors

We have all heard the term ‘LAP DOG.’

How about ‘HUG DOG?’

I was relaxing and enjoying my book (after a 5 hour road trip yesterday, hence the tired look on my face) And my new BFF joined me for some ‘closeness’

P1000207 P1000203 P1000204 P1000205 P1000206

Zack and Sparky are spending the week with us while their family is on vacation. I told you about Sparky's story back here. He is a rescue boxer like our Ozzie, and he had a really sad beginning; left outside tied up 24/7 with no training or proper food/medical care. He has only had his new family for a few months and he has come a long way. HE is a really sweet boy, but with no focus at all…except when he is ready to cuddle. And by cuddle, I mean DOG HUG. The night before last as the girls and I were watching a movie, we had this scene above but with his NOSE in my neck. I felt every single inhale and exhale.

I told the coach, there was more heavy breathing in my ear/neck that night than I had ever had in my whole life. ( and no, he was not jealous)

But can you tell a boy that needs love and attention to get down? HECK NO!!! Plus it is the only time he stops moving…he is full of nervous energy still.

And this is the senior citizen Zack. He is 8 years old and SOOOO the alpha male.

He is quite large too…85lbs while the others are about 55-60.

P1000202

I have to say that things are going very well with the four dogs…and it all peaceful and fun…..UNTIL the Coach gets home.

When he gets down on the floor for doggie love (which we all need daily)…they go berserk and are fighting for his affection. I told him: he only causes chaos.

26 comments:

  1. Those pictures are too fantastic--good thing the photographer could get the arial view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that pup could get any closer if he tried!! Too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so cute! We were discussing over the weekend how we miss having a cuddly doggie in the house. Cats are sooo selective and picky. Dogs want lovies alllll the time! : ) Enjoy the cuddles and the heavy breathing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos, what a sweet doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photos are priceless! Maybe you should have a "write the photo caption" contest here. He looks as if he's completely in LOVE with you; that "arms entwined" look is just too cute.
    You have, as Seinfeld's Kramer would say, "the Kevorka." Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heavy breathing with "no" dog tongue in your ear??? 4 big dogs in the house - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the cutest pics ever. That is so sweet the way he is hugging you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparky is such a sweetie - hard not to love him! He looks like a regular person sitting in that chair with you - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad Sparkey doesn't have BAD BREATH, Suzanne.... I am so glad that he has found love in his life, both at your home and his own. I hate hearing about abused dogs. Just makes me cry!!!!

    Glad the four dogs are all getting along... That's alot of big dogs in ONE house...

    Good Luck..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. well you did get more action out of sparky then you did from your "past" boyfriend huh!!!...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, doggie love is the best! There is nothing better then sloppy wet kisses and of course a little heavy breathing :)

    The Salesman causes chaos with our dogs too. Hmmm, wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks as if you have a friend for life. Are you sure Sparky is going to be willing to go back home once BoxerFest 2009 is over?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got to love em', speaking of lap-dogs, my cat is always parking herself on top of my feet.

    Hey My first boyfriend resemble those two!!!!! Kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those pictures of you vegging with the dog(s). Now, can we have some photos of Coach Chaos?

    ReplyDelete
  15. When we were voluntering for boxer rescue, we always said that boxer boys didn't get A brain cell until they were about five years old. Then they usually only got one or two until they are about seven or eight. Sparky seems like he needs a brain cell. =)

    Both our male boxers sit on Hubs lap in the evenings; one laying on top of the other. Quade weighs 78 lbs and Emilio weighs 85 lbs. Lap dogs, both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Got to love them!!!!!
    I hope return the favor when needed. I hope they arent causing too much stress! I miss them dearly and am so glead they are with boxer lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have never seen a dog do that - it's funny, sweet and sad at the same time. It's sh*t when people mistreat animals, it breaks my heart. Thank god for angels on the other end, eh?

    (hugs) and bellyrubs to the furkids, all 4 of 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pictures of you and the dog hugging. You both look so adorable : ). I could almost hear the dog breathing in my ear from your descriptive writing about it. I just love to read your stories. What a wonderful week you are having : ).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and what are you reading? I just finished a book called Best Friends. I didn't love it at all. I don't know who wrote it. It was from 2007 I think. But you really don't need to know any of that since I do NOT recomend it : ).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww - those are such fabulous pictures and true doggy love. My cat does that, he likes to perch on my chest and breathe fish at me ;)
    Nicolax

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! Boxers are so affectionate, but I think they think they weight about 3 lbs. My friend's boxer is 100 lbs, he is a tank! I love him, even with his reaaaaally bad gas!

    ReplyDelete
  22. these pictures are adorable!! i have a big dog who enjoys being on top of us too :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are a good friend :) looks like you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Now that is what you call "aDOGable"...too cute for words. My dog hugs too BUT he's a LOT smaller!!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.