Pages

April 06, 2020

Feeding the masses while avoiding mass hysteria and finding essentials.

The Coach found out that two of the college softball girls that he assists with are in lockdown in their dorms and couldn't get home; they're international students. (New Zealand & The Netherlands) They don't have vehicles and have limited funds.

So, he decided to cook/provide food for them.

Then he found out that there are three more at that school and seventeen more at another local college locked down and away from family. International students have a harder time getting home with all this; because of funds and travel restrictions.

He was up bright and early Saturday morning and fired up his little smoker. *giggle*


He rubbed down slabs of ribs and smoked them to perfection.

Saturday the whole 'hood smelled like ribs.
Sorry, vegetable-tarians. 

Many friends heard the news wanted to help as well; several people stepped up to donate meals, sides, some fresh and a lot that can be frozen that they can eat later.
It was all then delivered by a Professor to the Atheltic Director and then dispersed in a very social-safe-distance type of way.

I know I've said this before, feeding people is his love language.

Hence, my weight prob. He really LOVES me.

When he ran to the Hardware store (Ace is the Place!) for some charcoal, he hit the paper/disinfecting jackpot. Ladies, this is the new sexy; much better than flowers or chocolate.

They would only sell two rolls of Paper towels and three rolls of TP, but hey, it's something.
Clorox is liquid gold.

Of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't let him know that I prefer NON printed paper towels.
Yes, even in a crisis I can be a booger.

Honestly, paper towels last a long time around here because we use cloth napkins (since 2009) for all our meals.

I would have fit in well at Downton Abbey.


If I were at Downton Abbey, I would HAVE staff and not BE staff, right?

I'd hurl if I had to empty a chamber pot and I don't think they allow hurling at Downton Abbey, so I'd be one of the uppity sisters, but not the one who died tragically young.

How are my people holding up? 



19 comments:

  1. Yes, I would not have made it as a chambermaid that's for sure! Glad there was such a thing as indoor plumbing before I was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys are helping out. Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use cloth napkins but The Husband STILL goes through an inordinate amount of paper towels; it's ridiculous. We have the exact same paper towel holder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like someone needs a good talking to. :)
      Must be from Target!

      Delete
  4. I have that same paper towel holder too. 'This is the new sexy'- hee hee. So great that you guys are feeding those stranded kids. How tough for them, to be stranded- not to eat Coach's food. My Coach's love language is NOT technology. OMG he tried to switch something up with TV service last night. Kids had to keep leaving the room to giggle. The polite ones anyway. Wait, people use napking at meals? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice of your hubby to help out. I have been cooking a lot, tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's exhausting feeding ourselves isn't it? ;)

      Delete
  6. Wonderful! And hey, I love that ceramic pig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband would be so jealous of that smoker! That's so kind that he's feeding the masses :) and that he found bleach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knew bleach would be such a coveted item?

      Delete
  8. I love you and your husband. Really. Can you just adopt me?
    I love that you are doing all of that for those kids and I know their parents appreciate it so much. THAT is love.

    I also love your green pig. I want a green pig. What is the green pig's purpose? I think you need to write about the green pig.

    Also, I love Downton Abbey and feel like I need to rewatch it again.

    I am doing okay today. Not great but not bad. Just blah. But your post brought a smile to my face, so thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll find out how we can do an out of state adoption stat.

      I love my counter pig too; he's really turquoise, but the lighting is off. He was a HomeGoods find many years ago; do you remember HomeGoods? *sigh*

      I haven't watched the Downton Abbey movie yet; something to look forward to.

      Delete
  9. It's wonderful that the two of you (and many friends) came to the rescue of the stranded international students. I imagine I wouldn't even be allowed in the house at Downton Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we could sneak you into the back somehow.

      Delete
  10. I know those girls loved it. Since I don't cook much, I know how much I have missed home cooking from friends and family. Sweet gesture.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.