Pages

November 13, 2019

That time I could have done some time for doing a good deed.


Last Friday I was passing through the Home Depot garden center on my way out of the store when I noticed a table full of milkweed plants being destroyed by spider mites. 
(did you hear my gasp-'cause this is a pitiful sight!) 

I quickly assessed the situation ('sitch' if you're 20) and realized that as soon as the HD garden peeps realized this, they would toss every plant in the garbage. I did a search and rescue and took as many monarch caterpillars as I could find, then RAN to my car. 

Ok, I didn't run because that would hurt. 
But I did feel a slight tinge of guilt, then I felt joy over being a life saver. 
Not the candy.



























Once in my car, I only had my tervis to keep them contained in. 
Guess how many times I tried to drink my caterpillars on the way home? 
(3) 
That was my Friday adventure. 
Saving the butterfly world one misdemeanor at a time.




8 comments:

  1. I'm happy you and the Monarch caterpillars made it home safely. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you are hilarious! That would totally be me - drinking the caterpillars! I really thought you were going to say that you took as many plants to your car and THEN you were caught stealing sickly plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A justifiable crime! No jury would convict you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you are so funny.
    Lifesaver, not the candy.
    Three times drinking on the way home.
    Really, really fun post.
    And go you for saving them. Very cool. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a wonderful idea. Certainly the store would have chunked the plants and definitely would not have raised the caterpillars so you did a great reuse, recycle and reduce for mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also run, but yeah! Thank God for your kindness! that's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.