Pages

February 10, 2014

The most tolerant city on the planet


I'll share some highlights and photos soon. 
FYI: Suz almost always wins. The Coach almost always loses more than Suz wins. So, as a family, we are losers. 

Travel delays are always fun, aren't they? We had a "layover" in Houston, TX on the way home.
It ended up taking us 36 hours to get from Vegas to Florida. And we didn't even fly into the airport that we left from….we flew into Tampa, rented a car and drove to our airport to get our car out of prison.
Airline issues, weather issues.
Could always be worse, so I'm not complaining. 

Houston is a city I would not have minded visiting...you know, I was picturing Urban Cowboy. *Where is that hunky Johnny T*
Well, we didn't get so much Urban Cowboy as we got semi decent mall,  airport motel and The Jack In The Box. Yes, A Jack in THE Box. 
I recommend the strawberry milkshake.

At least we had our recent memories of Vegas to make us smile. 
Overlooking the strip at the Mandarin Oriental Bar. Yes, that is man nipple. 

In case you are wondering, I refrained from getting a tattoo.
This time.


20 comments:

  1. vegas! what fun!! when i was a kid my parents, uncle, grandparents would all vacation together and the first stop was vegas...they'd drop me and my cousins off in circus circus upstairs where it was all geared for kids to keep busy while their parents gambled downstairs...sometimes i'd get in trouble for wandering downstairs to ask my mom something...you sure couldn't do that now! and i miss jack in the box...wish we had one here, although they aren't as good as they used to be! love the photo, what a fun group! ohhhh urban cowboy, one of my favorites! my water broke with the twins when i was watching it one night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, 36 hours is a looong time! That's longer than it takes us to fly to Germany... Been to Vegas only once, but would love to go again one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Well, I can't seem to figure out where to do a comment. Monday. I'm glad you had a great time, but I'm so sorry about your return trip. 36 hours is a long time. Someday you will be able to laugh about that part. Maybe not yet though. Looking forward to more pics and stories. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'as a family, we are losers' - ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice time! Sorry it took so long to get home though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are SO much fun. Dear Jesus, please let me grow up to be as fun as Suz. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Johnny T....no longer so hunky...can be found in Ocala. Pick me up on your way north! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vegas is the only place I know that lives up to all its hype. I love it. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you refrained from getting a tattoo -- this time. It looks as if you had a great time in Vegas. I can hardly wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a great trip---but I'm sorry the trip home took so long.. Bet you all were TARRRRRREDDDD after those 36 hours.... gads!!!!!

    I was one who guessed where you were going.. YEAH!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first job was in Houston. I miss the food, but not too much else. Glad you finally made it home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was reading about your delays on facebook. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You all do look like you enjoy being together. Glad you are home safely. That is more important than all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh shoot! Should have gotten the tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were only two hours south of me. I'm glad you had fun. I, myself and I don't like Vegas, makes me nervous. Well, unless I'm going to Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! 36 hours? Couldn't you have driven there? :)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.