Pages

February 26, 2014

My udders ache just thinking about it.

The place I like to visit the least is the gross store. I mean the grocery store.

Sometimes I wonder if I could live on tomatoes and peppers from the garden only. 
But I also love cheese with my peppers and tomatoes and salad and potatoes and and and and and and and and….

I love cheese so much, there should be a warning sign in the dairy department with my photo on it. 

Then I think….hey, Suz, you are clever and hardworking, why don't you learn how to make cheese? 

Then I think to mySUZself you have to get a cow to make cheese. 

Cows are SO cute…the big eyes….the long eyelashes…such gentle souls and I'd name my cow veronica. No, Elsie.  Elsie it is! 
She would have a nice little sheltered home next to my garden. 
Heated in the winter, fans in the summer of course. 

I'd wake up everyday and milk Elsie to make my cheese to accompany my tomatoes and peppers and salad and and and and….  

Of course, after all that milking, then I would feel complete udder empathy for Elsie. 

Poor Elsie's udders. 

I might just give up cheese. You know….for udders sake.

The moral of this story is that I can likely just live on produce from the garden.

And maybe some imported cheese on occasion? 
Oh, I am udderly rotten. 




18 comments:

  1. I was thinking these exact same thoughts just the udder day ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have a lot of things in common, starting with our love of tomatoes, peppers, cheese and wine of course. What would cheese be without the perfect glass of wine? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what about the cow pies? and what would ozzie + cocoa think? i think you better just stick to publix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious. I am trying to imagine you with a cow. There is a lot of manure. Like, more than you can even imagine. It might overwhelm you. It would be great for your tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goat. Goat cheese is so great with tomatoes and goats are so much smaller than cows. I love tomatoes as well. Never a better botanical success than grape tomatoes. Really good taste for those of us who cannot have garden tomatoes year round.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and you'd never be able to vacation again w/o a relief milker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh golly, do you have ANY idea how awesome fresh local produce sounds when it is 16 degrees and the temp falling?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have me laughing tonight. Ozzie and Cocoa would not like a cow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love garden produce....love cheese....but no room for a cow, and very little room for a garden which, with this winter, won't be out for a while yet. Love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a nut case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny! you are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol! I'm with you on the gross store! It's become my husbands duty. :) Hope you've been well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you grow those tomatoes??? I thought all your plants froze. Those look gorgeous.

    And if you're going to make cheese, maybe you should start out small with a goat and work your way up to cow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. PS. I love the grocery store. I'm there almost every day. I would make a fabulous European. That's my excuse...I'm European...not unorganized.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, We are home from a wonderful trip to Arkansas with friends. Photos tomorrow!!!!!

    Hope you have had a great week. Love your tomatoes in your garden.... We hate buying them at the GROSS store too... BUT--for us, that's our choice!!!! Guess we need to live on a farm---and grow all that we need... Oh Well!!!! (My next life --maybe)... ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter has goats for the cheese and milk and yogurt and...
    I say you can have goat's milk. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha, i was eating some gouda while reading this :D i always wanted a cow, they are CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.