Pages

February 17, 2014

Nipping MaryJane


Last week I was perusing the plant section at the depot with my niece when we came across catnip. She said I should plant some for the orangies. Apparently I was at a weak moment and I purchased 2 catnip plants and some cat grass too. 

Cat grass…..as in grass for cats to eat. Not grass made out of cats. {Whew}

Within 15 minutes of planting the greens Maisy (I refer to her as 'the crotchety' one) was all over the catnip.

Here's the proof:

She was drooling and rolling all over ONE leaf~~ heaven!

Later I caught her eating some of the grass. Wow~~instant entertainment for the felines and ME!

Hey, Cocoa----you're not a cat!
On Saturday we had a full house….someone saw the catnip and said: 
You know what that smells like, don't you?

Me: No? What? as I picked a leaf, squished it and INHALED...my brain was instantly transferred to any of the thousands of concerts I've attended.  

That smell?? More MaryJane than anything cat like. 
No wonder Maisy was drooling and chillaxing….then of course she had the munchies! 

On the upside, her glaucoma has improved greatly. 

I might need to purchase a one way ticket to Colorado for my old crotchety one; this made her less crotchety!



XOXO





20 comments:

  1. ha ha. your full house will be gathered round the planter, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I wonder if I should get some for my cats? They are so lazy and grumpy. This could do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does it make people less crotchety too? If so, I'll have to plant some and sneak it into certain peoples food... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cats love it too...except my cat gets into the planter and sleeps in it after rubbing it thoroughly! Needless to say it doesn't last long.
    Happy Pres Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are they in the same plant family? I don't know enough about them to know... Very funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonder how many quick turnaround trips there are to Colorado these days? Yeah right. You remember the smell from concerts. Did you inhale?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha
    Ya man ... medicinal man ~ medicinal :)
    hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need some of this for John!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny - - - especially when you are innocently trying to enhance the daily lives of your kitties - - - and then it's suggested the plant smells like it's illegal. Our animals sure do bring many smiles to our days, don't they?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know which was the most fun -- reading your words or watching the video. I think your home may be even more popular than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA HA ---great blog... SO---I might need some of the Catnip, to help me get over the 'grumps'.... I have had a UTI and it keeps me awake at nights. I'm desperate for some sleep --but since I went to the doctor today, I hopefully will be able to get a good night's sleep tonight ---and be less grumpy!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. whenever I have a pineapple on the counter Spike cat jumps up to eat the green stalk, sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. rofl "her glaucoma improved" :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. A friend of mine grows 'it'...it being catnip..not mahweewahwee...and she gave some to our kitty. Same exact reaction! Happiness all over the place...and it was just a leaf or two. And I guess I'm just a naive girl because to me it smells like tea. Or at least that's the story I'm sticking with. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that second photograph. He is real tall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my word!!! You may be on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think we will have to plant some--LouLou the recovery kitty says all the other cats are doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! My mega gardening friend once gave me a gallon sized bag of dried catnip. I worried I'd get pulled over the entire drive home....because it sure looked like a life's supply of weed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the best cat-watching activities: giving them "treats" and watching what happens. One caveat: there is a thing called "catMINT" and it has very pretty purple blossoms, but watch out! It made our cats aggressive, and they started to fight each other (more than normal sibling rivalry) - so we aren't going to plant any of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cat garden!!! I'm sure Henry would love that.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.