Pages

September 11, 2009

TGIF; 9/11/09

We shall never, ever forget.

DSCN3373 DSCN3379

Thoughts and prayers for the victims, family members of the victims and for our country.

I had a nice birthday yesterday, thank you all for your well wishes, cards, money and trips. Oh, I mean thank you for the well wishes. Still waiting on the money and trips. Darn mailman is soo slow.

You know how little things always make you smile? Well, when I got in my car yesterday and started rummaging through my glove box, I had a little gift.

P1020743

Trail mix!!!! The girls know how I love to keep snacks in the car…

and yes, I also keep menu’s, coupons, money, scissors and hand lotion in there. Now all my secrets are out!

I had a nice lunch with a good friend of mine yesterday…so yummy, we started with homemade potato chips drizzled with blue cheese. We licked the plate clean as the waiter told us they were calorie free. I had delicious fish tacos too. **lip smacking**

Then my friend insisted we have birthday dessert. She practically had to twist my arm...really.P1020744

This is us before we ate the banana split.

P1020746

I did not get an after picture because I could not lift my camera out of my purse, but we gained 10lbs during lunch! Of course, that had nothing to do with the banana split…practically health food with all the fruit!

GLUTTONY!!!

The rainy weather worked in my favor last night as Coach and Lo had to cancel softball practice because we had a monsoon. **snap** We made a last minute trip to Carrabba’s for birthday dinner. I had shrimp and scallops with sautéed spinach. And to think, just 10 years ago, I did not even like seafood. I wonder what I will be eating in another 10 years????

Happy Friday to you all.

I wish for you a weekend filled with those you love, good food and a safe place to lay your head!

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Now that I know what you keep in your glove box I am more convinced than ever that you and Betsy are somehow related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suz..beautiful blog today appropriately remembering 9/11. Love the pics
    Birthdays! I'll celebrate mine for as long as possible!
    Ten years from now..you'll still be enjoying the delights of Carrabas feasting with family, gluttony with your best friend, and laughing at all the fun you are having..because it is YOUR special day!
    ♥ hugs and laughter from Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I reminded myself to remember your birthday, and now I'm gonna slap myself silly for forgetting.

    I'm so glad you had a nice time with your friend, and family.

    AND....may we never ever forget 9/11/01 and the thousands who lost their lives. AND, like you, I salute those who serve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone gets a free gluttony pass on their birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes....calories do not count on your Birthday! Craving icecream now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderfully delicious birthday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice that you got to lunch out with a good friend for your special day - looks like you had a blast with that healthy dessert!
    Glad you got to go out with the family last night too. That sounds delicious. Since I am ten years older than you I KNOW what I'll be eating in another ten years: baby food!!! ha ha Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, what woody said. it's allowed. you can eat as much as you can get down your neck in 24hrs. and you can eat an extra lb for every year of your age.
    honestly.
    today however, lettuce only.
    ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe Suz, You don't want to know what is in my glove compartment (or box as many people call it)....

    I was going to ask which of your bloggy friends were sending money and a trip---so that I could write them and be their BFF.... ha ha

    I have it on good authority and there are no calories in anything that we eat on our birthdays. Glad you 'went for it'..... You deserve it.

    AND---did you thank the man above for making it RAIN last night --so Coach and Lo could be home to take you out to dinner.??.. Your 'whammy' worked!!!!!! That's another special power we all have on our birthdays. (Gee---why can't we have birthdays more often??? OH--on second thought, NO!!!!)

    Wonder what "I'll" be eating 10 yrs. from now??? Since I may not have any teeth by then, I guess I'll be eating pureed green mush.... YUK!!!

    God Bless those who lost loved ones on 9/11 and God Bless the USA.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great street art! Your girls got it right.
    and..You did your birthday right! What a yummy way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. curious- what are fish tacos?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, happy birthday. I can't wait til my kids are old enough to leave me snacks and go out to dinner.... without, you know, hideous shame and embarassment on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfect birthday. Happy belated! That is so cute that your kids put trail mix in your car! Is it just me, or does this 9/11 feel a little weird compared to the past couple of years? Maybe it's just that I've gotten weird in the past couple of years :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. September is a great month to have a birthday! Happy Birthday - may all your wishes (trips and money:) come true!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely would have gone for that calorie free banana split1
    Glad you had a fun birthday. Money and trips are on the way, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yum!! i love italian food, sorry no gift, no money, but a big blogger hug!! happy belated birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well shoot - I missed your birthday! Looks like it was lovely! And having dessert on your birthday is the LAW!! Those calories don't count! At least that's what I tell myself...

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOSH HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, BEAUTIFUL!

    I can't believe I missed this, please forgive me!

    Looks like you had a wonderful day, yey! calorie-free lunch with a good friend, is there any better gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday!! I love the desserts at Carrabas! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday! And love the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My goodness, my new friend, I missed your birthday! Many (if belated) happy returns of the day! And yum, look at the banana split, I am about to dive into some peach crisp and local vanilla ice cream. YUM! And ooooh, Carrabas, they always made a warm salad with goat cheese and eggplant that I LOVED.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy (belated) birthday! Since you can't remember how old you are perhaps you will be forgiving for those of us who are late to wish you a happy day.

    The day sounds perfect. My kind of birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy, happy! May this year be the best ever for you. And for the planet earth.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think you might be eating sea weed and fish eggs in 10 years. Probably. : ) I can't wait to find out!

    Bannana splits are practically health food since they start with fruit, right? Perhaps that is why I am gaining a pound a week : ) Hmmmmmmmmm.

    Happy Birthday to someone sensational who makes the world (and the earth) a better place.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.