Pages

September 14, 2009

Q is for…

Queens!

I have some favorite Queens and I will quickly, but never quietly share them with you.

Queen- the band…Freddy Mercury was an amazing artist. Bohemian rhapsody? possibly one of the best songs ever!

queen

The Queen, as in the Queen Mum. I did a blog post about her and her majesty’s purse back here.

queen-elizabeth-ii

imagesTHE Queen Bee…who else gets everyone to do the dirty work??? My kind of chick a dee!

And of course, if you are still searching for the perfect birthday gift for me, I think this is still available at Tiffany & Co. Tiffany Bee Necklace and Bee Bracelet. Ok, there was no Q here, just trying to be helpful again. :)

Dairy Queen..yep, I still love Dairy queen even though they refuse to sell chocolate ice cream!!! rude.That jus means, I have to get extra hot fudge to make my own chocolate. **I mean, they don't serve chocolate 'soft serve' ice cream**

DairyQueenBldg

Dancing Queen…’see that girl, watch that scene, digging the dancing queen’…how can you NOT dance to this classic Abba song? You can’t, I know you can’t NOT dance to this song. Now, don’t you want to dig deep into your closet and pull out that purple shiny lame pant suit? no? Just me? nevermind…

Abba-The-Dancing-Queen-444766

This ‘mean’ queen of heartsnot so much a fan of hers. But I am looking forward to the new version of Alice In Wonderland…hello, Johnny Depp!?!

queen-of-hearts-7

I am positive you are all familiar with my twin sister: Queen of Recycling. Right?

recycle girl I think tattooing her face is a bit much, but you know how passionate she is about this kind of stuff…

To see how some other folks used the letter Q today, visit: A-Z Mondays!

28 comments:

  1. I am amazed you managed to come up with so many Queens!!
    What is with Dairy Queen not selling chocolate ice cream anyway. Huge mistake. Huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday Suz!
    Great Q post-no Question about it!
    Are you saying you can't get a zebra cone at DQ?? what a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool tat, twin sis!

    I always like to think of myself as Queen Colleen (mostly because nobody else will!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry I won't be able to get to Tiffany's today, but I'm convinced that for this great 'Q' post you should be crowned Queen for the Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny. I am going to check out the Tiffany's reference right now. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. aren't you full of silliness today??
    well, i guess today is just like any other!
    my favorite queen (other than the recycling queen, of course) would be dairy queen. :) but i am quite sure they have chocolate ice cream. wanna meet me there and we can check???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bohemian Rhapsody IS the best song ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning! Great Q's! Mmmmmmm...... Dairy Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect Q word for the Queen of all things GREEN. You always make me laugh! But now that Ford fixed my odometer problem..I can't ever show you what my MPG is...never

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a queen bee tattoo! It still makes me laugh.

    Great Q post, as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great "Q" post, SuzyQ... I like the green around your twin sister's face. Tell her to keep it there.. It's becoming---and she can advertise her interest in recycling everywhere she goes. ha ha
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could definitely go for some Dairy Queen right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO adorable! When I get home, I'll have to put the link to the 12Stone band's "Bohemian Rhapsody on your comment box.... (YES! They did Bohemian Rhapsody in CHURCH! and it ROCKED!) :)

    And didn't you and I work at DQ in Tucker together.... or were you at Baskin Robbins and I was at DQ.... can't remember?

    Anyway, loved this post... made me giggle on my lunch break! :)

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great queen list... my 13 yo daughter is obsessed with of all queen possibilities here - the band, and Freddy Mercury - go figure. I looked at that bee necklace over at Tiff's and thought, "$650, that's not bad," then I saw that was just for the charm. Sorry, I was gonna get that for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your queens can come play with my queens any day, girl! you ROCK! :-D

    ps: dairy queen though, not so much... i LOVE chockit ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great, dancing queen is now stuck in my head. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute! We don't have Dairy Queen here anymore. sad. Although my arteries are probably thanking me!

    Do you get a crown for the queen of recycling? Or a sash? Or somethin'?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want go so far as to say I "dance" to ABBA, but I do move pretty quickly for my age!!! I remember having a shiny purple skirt and matching top during those years! Groovy! Just yesterday I splurged on a peanut buster parfait from DQ!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, you certainly wrapped up just about everything Queenish in one post! Just heard one of those soaring Freddie Mercury vocals this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gosh - this was fabulous! At the expense of really upsetting you - all of our dairy queens in Montana still serve soft serve chocolate! NO fair - I know! LOVE LOVE LOVE Queen and Abba!!! I think your sister looks very lovely with that green icon covering her entire face, well actually not cuz you can't see her lovely face! but cause over beauty I suppose...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Q's. Dancing queen is now dancing through my head.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very funny! The recycling tat is hilarious - hope she has your sense of humor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. awww, you forgot QUEEN OF THE DAY which of course i nominate to be YOU!

    cute post.
    and say, why wont DQ serve chocolate ice cream no mo? have they become quentisentually predjudiced?

    bastards.

    c

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a queen bee Pandora charm- brilliant. You would love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hellooooo Suz! Well, I just got back to a free wi-fi connection and read this. Your Queens are way better than my Queen! We both thought of the singing group though. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the first and the last queens best!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.