Pages

September 21, 2009

P is for…

POOH!!!!

Not the yucky pooh! I love the cute, cuddly, rolly polly loving pooh!

thumbnail.aspx

I have been a fan of pooh since I was a little girl. Then when I had Lo and Linds, I became a fan of Pooh again! I think the 2nd time around is even more fun.

These are two of my favorite pooh quotes. Seriously, this little bear knows a thing or two about life.

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?"”

“If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.”

Now, that my girls are older, you would think that we would be done with pooh by now. NOPE.

Guess who else loves Pooh???? Can you guess?

Oh, I bet you already see the picture below!

cocoa lipping pooh

Yep, Cocoa loves Pooh too. She carries this little Pooh doll around the house. She naps with Pooh all the time…sometimes halfway in her big ol’ boxer lips.

P1020099

Sometimes I walk into my room and find Pooh on my bed. Of course I holler this for the kids to hear: “Oh no, there is Pooh on my bed!!” Well, the first 3 times, they thought I meant real pooh…this never gets old for me though. Sometimes pooh is on the couch, the hallway, by the front door etc…

Recently, Ozzie figured out how much Cocoa loved Pooh too, and being a dog that never plays with toys himself, he decided to give Pooh a little play time and see how this makes Cocoa go loco.

cocoa ozzie pooh

Pooh has never sustained injuries either. Two big dogs, one little Pooh and no casualties, even his little red t-shirt is fully intact. My Gentle Giants.

Do YOU love Pooh too???

Or are you a Tigger fan?

How about Eyore? Oh Bother!

For more P words this week, visit Jen at A-Z Mondays

29 comments:

  1. These are the cutest pictures yet Suzanne! I love Pooh (Bear, that is) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quote..."If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"...

    I use this all the time...I teach high school...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Christopher Robin books as a kid too. I liked it when he got stuck in the honey tree!
    Love the boxer and Pooh pictures. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like Pooh too! We always say Miss Boo is a Tigger. She really is "bouncy bouncy.. funfunfunfunfun!: )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winnie the Pooh was my daughter's favorite when she was growing up. Her nickname, which I still sometimes use, was Kelly-Pooh. I personally had a soft spot for Eyore

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that second quote the best... it is one of my all time favorites! and the first one is making me hungry!

    loved laughing with you, cocoa, ozzie & pooh today :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Winnie the Pooh will always have a special place in my heart, but tigger suits me better. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love ROO! That picture of Cocoa sleeping with Pooh is so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Monday Suz!!
    PPPPP Pooh is very cute! except when he is one of those big blow up things sitting in someones front yard at Christmas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Pooh and Eyore and Tigger too.
    Actually anthing Disney will do!

    Did you notice how that rhymes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our boxer used to love to sneak off with our little son's little toys. SO CUTE. I never got mad.... Your dogs are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE that second Pooh quote - so sweet!

    I need to expose my kids to these stories more often - I think I will start tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pooh was one of my favorites growing up too! When I had my first son, his nursery was all about Pooh and his friends

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute photo of Cocoa with his Pooh. I'm surprised Pooh has lasted through all the play with no ill effects. Daisy would remove Pooh's stuffing in minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Snow White's nursery was decorated in all things Pooh! We didn't know boy/girl ahead of time, and it was the perfect theme:)

    Then, one day, she discovered Barney...

    ReplyDelete
  16. When my son was a baby, he latched on to one of his sister's pink baby blankets and her Winnie-the-Pooh and they became his "lovies." For the first three years of his life, he was never without "Pinkie" and "Pooh" except when they were in the wash. In truth, he was far more Tigger than Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like you I have always loved wtp. I love him. I think my character is a bit like a combo of him and Tigger. With my recent health probs I am more like Eeyore right now

    ReplyDelete
  18. well i'll bet it tastes like pooh, and we all know dogs love to eat - oh wait, you've heard this one before :-D

    lovely photos, so cuuuute! i loves them boxies!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also loved/love Winnie the Pooh. When my granddaugther, Brooke, was born, her theme in the baby room was Winnie the Pooh. We all had so much fun adding specials items to that baby room. The Pooh quilt was one of the cutest ever.

    Hope you have had a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep, the Pooh stories were great childhood memories. I oughta read them again just for the heck of it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE Pooh!! Tigger, Kanga and little Roo are special too. Eyore reminds me of my mom! Oh heck, I love 'em all. Good P post Suz. I'm taking the rest of the posts home to read offline. Blessings, Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE me some Pooh!!! Stud had several Pooh bears as a baby. My classroom was ALL Pooh-themed for many, many years. I mounted a flagpole to my wall just so I could hang a different Pooh flag for every season/holiday. Unfortunately, one of my little darlings broke it a couple years ago, and the flags have since come home. I use a Pooh printshop program for my weekly newsletter, and almost everything I print is done in Pooh font!! Yes, I love me some Pooh!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never read a Pooh quote I didn't like : ) GREAT post!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that is too too cute! They do say dogs start to take on characterisitcs of their owners!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE the "100 years" quote - my favorite, and the way I feel about those I love.
    When the kids were small, we did love the Pooh movies, especially his voice, and gopher's. I can do a mean imitation of gopher saying: sssssssssufferin' sssssssssuccotasssssssh." You should hear it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi there sue-
    who loves pooh,
    i do too!
    i love pooh-
    me and you-
    both love pooh-
    i tell you sue-
    pooh is the BOO!
    winnie, minnie, miney mo..
    lets catch flowers with our toe-
    first one drops it, they must go...
    winnie, minnie, miney mo!


    bwahahahaha


    C

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice story with lovely photos :)

    Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.