Pages

October 29, 2014

By the time I'm done painting everything, it will be time to start over again.



About a year ago Linds and I discussed painting her bedroom furniture, some of which actually used to be the Coach and Suz's furniture.
We started just before last Thanksgiving with the nightstands. These were hers to begin with and were white. She wanted them black.
We spray painted them black. It took so much spray paint and time that I had to purchase a new ozone layer for the earth.
I'll never do that again.
 FYI: The tops were scratched to heck even though we'd put a protective coat on top…so I had to redo them last week. (Used a primer and latex paint this time)



A few weeks ago, I decided to tackle the big pieces; the armoire and the blanket chest. We should rename the blanket chest because it now holds purses and back packs.
Please note how clean the room is; yes, Lindsay is now living in a dorm at school. I can guarantee you that the floor of that dorm is covered in whatever she wore this past week.
The plan was to paint all the furniture black, but then I came to my senses and went with white. I used chalk paint, just like I did in the guest room last year. 

Behold the backpack/purse chest now. 
 It took a lot longer than I had anticipated. Good thing I have nothing else to do. *snicker snicker*
 I even updated the hardware on everything. {hobby lobby!!} Chalk paint is easy to make…even a cave man can do it. No offense to cave men who read my blog. 
 Her room is much brighter now….and it will stay clean until she comes home for Thanksgiving!

 I'm still contemplating making this my yoga room….but then I'd have to start doing yoga!


17 comments:

  1. Looks great! Painting furniture is such a pain but the results are always worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I am going to have to take up yoga or pilates after trying to stand on my head yesterday. It ended badly and instead of helping me, AB took a photo of me in all my crashed glory and emailed it to her Mommy and Daddy. I really have to strengthen my core. And I'm kinda proud of AB for taking advantage of such an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, those turned out great!! I've painted a few pieces for the girls myself, but would REALLY love to tackle our bathroom cabinets. Sadly, hubby is totally against that. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! i recently used spray paint on some metal gates, here. never again! waste, waste, money, money. give me a can and a brush any ol' day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could get motivated to do something like that with my kitchen. I have a lot of painting to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please come to my house and paint furniture for me. Pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, Suz..... As Southern Gal said, come to my house and paint furniture for me!!!! I inherited some yellow bedroom end tables --and liked the yellow for awhile --but need for you to come and paint them a different color for me now.... Thanks so much!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! You crack me up every time. How much does an ozone layer cost? Probably more than yoga classes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an AMAZING transformation, brand new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great results for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks fabulous. Pretty soon you are going to need to start a page (or blog or category) for DIY-home improvement topics. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh it turned out great! i've got some pieces in the basement waiting for me to do something with. one is my mom's old maple hutch...one day! speaking of yoga, i've got to get off my butt and go do mine, today is yoga day and i'm being a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindsay's room really looks great -- you're doing a wonderful job. If you get bored after finishing her room, please feel free to come up here and work your magic on our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your furniture looks so pretty! Just how many times did you have to mix paint to do all those pieces? Lol I really need to repainted our tv cabinet. But I'd have to sand it. Bleh. Crackle paint is out. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice! I have a dresser that needs to be painted. Will you come visit???

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.