Pages

February 06, 2013

Holy Beans Batman!

YOU GUYS need to stop calling, emailing and texting me. I am ok. No, really, stop asking where I am.
Ok, none of you have asked, but I'm sure you are wondering and worried.
All is well.
busyisasbusydoes. 
Don't you hate it when people writewithnospaces?

I must share with you the most delicious bowl of goodness I have found. 
This was prior to my adding of avocado.

Can I just say YUM? 
I can: YUM!

No cooking required. Just so you know, I am awesome in the kitchen especially when NO cooking is required. And if a dish asks for cilantro, then I practically want to marry that dish.


I omitted the sugar, lightened up the EVOO, added a cucumber and used frozen corn. 
Don't judge, I'm busy damnit. 

 I'm such a rebel...the recipe says to let it sit in the fridge for several hours first, but I couldn't wait.
It was so tasty that I devoured four bowls immediately

Hopefully those four bowls will allow me to leave my bathroom house today for work, you know with all those beans and veggies. 

And that is all I have to say about that. 
Eating healthy.
Working.
Being cool. 
Can you dig it?

I hope you can.

XOXO





17 comments:

  1. You dip chips into that bad boy, right? That looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy. I don't mind no spaces if.there.are.periods.between.
    For emphasis, you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, now I'm hungry... ;-) That salad looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can totally dig it. I sure can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make something kind of like this and I LOVE it! YUM. Although I am not a cilantro 'fan' (can we still be friends anyway?) but I add parsley instead. Super healthy herb. It all sounds so good. Beans are good for your heart, ya know.... ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! That looks very much like this corn and bean salsa we make around here. As a matter of fact, it was on the original menu at the bar for the first year we were open. My brother and I just decided to bring it back this spring/summer cuz it's just so damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious, Suz....Love all of the veggies in that Cilantro... YUM.... Deliver some up this way... Okay?

    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. did you know that this is one of my very favorite things? it is salsa-ish, so you probably guessed! and beans?!?! i'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. no tomato? my recipe calls for tomato, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a salad I had at an art opening and it was out of this world. I never found the person who made it :(

    So howza 'bout sharing your recipe. This may be the one I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks delicious even without the avocado. It sounds as if you are a cook after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally stealing this recipe. Having recently banished all meat from my diet this is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to try this. Maybe it would be good with a little sour cream on top and tortilla chips. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a recipe similar to this and I don't know what it is about it - - but it really is addictive! Addicted to healthy - - yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that. My neighbor makes a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um only one family member would say yum to that around these parts but it looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.