Pages

August 31, 2012

Like Weeds.

It was just the other day that we celebrated my fourth year of blogging. 
And by *WE*..... I mean ME.

*Clearing throat*
So anyhoo....when I started this little blog thingy this was my youngest baby. 
Um...time flies when you are living life.

Guess who started 11th grade last week.
Guess.
Guess!
She had to wake me up to take her photo. This is the first time ever that I don't have to transport any bodies kids to school.

I honestly never thought I would see that day.

Here is my first born baby LoLo when she started 10th grade back in 2008!
I know she is going to hate this picture. 
Lolo started her 2nd year of college last week.
Some changes this year...
*she is living back at home and not on campus.
*She retired from softball. {I know} She has been playing since she was 5 years old.
*She is very much looking forward to being a student and not a student-athelete.

I didn't get a photo of her on her first morning back to school....but I did get a photo of her on her first day of WORK!
Yep. She is a working girl!!

**work it girrrlllll**

Isnt' it funny howgirls nowadays become teens they learn how to 'pose'?
I am slow...I just learned last week how to do it.
{Shift to the side a bit, bend one knee, Posture!}

And perhaps some of you long time readers will remember my Cuz Chris.
{Chris and Linds at Chris's West Point Graduation in 2006}
Chris is a captain...ummm wait, he is also a battalion commander in the army. He is now stationed in Germany and has seen more of Afghanistan that anyone should.

BooYahhhh!!!!

Well....my sweet, smart, cute and funny as heck Cuz can also now be called Daddy!

He and his wife just had their first little baby...and by little,  I mean large. {Just shy of 10 lbs}
A new little boy in our family...and I am so happy for them!
{2010}
So that means....my Cuz Patrick is now and Uncle!!!

So much good stuff to share.
Aren't you happy you stopped by? I knew you would be!

XOXOXO


21 comments:

  1. Time seems to fly by, doesn't it? How did our babies grow up so fast?
    Congrats to your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is growing up and spreading their wings, and what a lovely family it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first year in, well forever, that I am not driving kiddos to school either...we have 28 down to 14, five of them....more than half of them act like aliens right now....congrats on the new addition!
    Your girls are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 4 yrs. of blogging... I think I've been with you most of these 4 yrs.. I have enjoyed seeing your daughters grow up... Amazing how fast the years fly by and how much our kids grow!!! Mercy Me!!!!

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *am* happy I stopped by! That is a lot of good news and happiness all in one post :) Congrats on your blogoversary. And I cannot believe the change in four years. Of course, four years ago, we were down two children . . . crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pics you've shared. Thanks for sharing your awesome family with us through blogging. I love you guys and congrats to Chris and his wife! Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a teenager to teach me how to pose for photos. Also how to straighten my hair, put on eyeliner, and do my eyebrows. Clearly, I need an intervention. Cute pics. Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So grown up! I love their "1st day of..." outfits. That's one of those fun things to shop for, plan and see.
    Congratulations to the Commander! Oh, what joy and fun (except the 10 lbs. part - owie)!
    YES, I am glad that I stopped by. Have wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This old world just turns so fast and the years keep on whizzing past us. Scary, huh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me feel like a stalker (!) I think I've read your blog from the start and watched your girls grow up too.
    Always glad to stop by. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always happy when I stop by. I hate to think about how old my 'baby' is, but yours looks very good heading off to school. Isn't it nice when they decide they want their picture taken? Your 'working girl' looks very good as well. Congratulations to Papa Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! The change is amazing...the beauty is still the same, though.

    Time is going by so fast...

    Congratulations all the 'firsts' in your family!

    This must be making your head spin, though!

    Hugs from Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both the girls look fab, but I do love the working girl look especially!

    Congrats on all the wonderful happenings in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindsey is stunning! Coach better be working on his father with a shotgun stare!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. I can't believe how grown up and simply beautiful they are! From kids to practically adults...OMG. And here I am whining about an 8th grader...geez. Just shut me up would you. You must be so so so so so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your girls are beautiful now, just like they were when they were younger. They've grown into lovely young ladies. The way their mama raised them. ; ) Enjoying all the pics and the trip down memory lane. It's hard to believe they've changed so much in such a short amount of time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your daughters are beautiful! It's been fun watching them grow up! Congrats on the new little one! My little one starts high school this year...sniff, sniff.
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linds has always had gorgeous hair, hasn't she? At least in the pictures you are showing, she does.

    I know Lolo's body is glad for a rest from sports because she had a few problems with it last year. That is a very difficult schedule to keep - - - being a player and a student. We have many friends whose kids' only played one year of college sports.

    Our daughters lived at home at different times during their college years. As the younger said, "You do miss a lot of the "college experience" but at the same time, you have a quiet place to study and good food to eat." She also commented, "I know what it's like to live with a bunch of girls and it's better to have your own room at home!" This is the 'child' who got the highest award in her department when she graduated with her Master's degree last summer so I guess she made the right decision earlier in life and it's a great endorsement for being with family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. look at those girls! such beauties :) then & now! lolo looks so cute for work!! and now can you be aunt cuz suz? i think so xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I can't believe how fast baby girls can grow into beautiful young women! Such an incredile journey:)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.