Pages

September 12, 2013

If you get the chance, you should turn 46!

If I could do it all over again, I would. Daily. 
Turning 46 wasn't so bad. 
Seriously. I recommend it to all of you. 


A few of our East Coast gang friends came over for the weekend to help me celebrate. 
Friday night Coach cooked a gorgeous dinner for us....good thing we stayed in, it rained like you would not believe. 
Seriously....you wouldn't. 


Saturday night, the grown ups...heading out. 


  We had a beautiful dinner overlooking the gulf of Mexico. 
We witnessed a wedding AND a marriage proposal.
And...I forgot my camera....the sunset was amazeballs. 
See? Freakin' camera phone doesn't have enough flash.  Oye. 




When Heather, PJ and Superboy visit, there is always a lot of wine laughter. 
I'm talking the burning calories kind of laughter.
 See? Mouths wide open....catching flies joy.   


Little superboy is growing up quick-He'll be 4 next week!
I'm waiting for fins to sprout on him...quite the swimmer. 
 We had a great weekend with them; they make me feel so special!

Come Tuesday, the actual day of my birth I had a few things planned.
I worked in the garden in the morning, got a haircut, had lunch with the Coach, went to my favorite store (Home Depot!) and then dinner with the family. 

We ate in a clamshell for dinner!
Yes, I was Ariel the Little Mermaid for the night...notice you can't see my fins. 

The girls spoiled me with sparkly goodies. {I love that they shop with their own money!}
My family bestowed me with gifts, flowers a fruit bouquet and well wishes....I'm lucky.
The Coach surprised me with sweet cards a personalized poem and a weekend away at a deluxe resort.

There were so many flowers in the house that I quoted my Grandma:
"Who died? It looks like a funeral in here!"

Yeah, I'm all sorts of bruised from pinching myself. 

Only 363 days until I can do it all over again.

XOXO




21 comments:

  1. Virgos totally rule!! :-) You look absolutely gorgeous Suz, love, love, love the dresses you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should get the chance.
    You look so tan and glamorous in your night out pictures.
    And stop the truck right this second, you ate in the clam seat?
    That means you are a VIP, right?
    I can not believe I know someone cool enough to eat in the clam chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Virgos DO rule! (I'll be celebrating my 44th tomorrow!) It sounds and looks like you had a fabulous time! And I love both of your dresses. Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a celebration! Or celebrations. So glad it was a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Happy Happy Birthday to you!! Looks like you have done a great job of stretching out that birthday into almost a week. Well done!! (and can I just add I adore your dresses!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - looks like it was perfect! You are looking extra hot too - love that first dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if you had a fabulous birthday celebration. I'm tempted to say that everyone was spoiling you with all the wonderful birthday events and presents. I'm trying to remember my 46th birthday, but that was too far back for me to recall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! golly you are one AWESOME family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow---what a fantastic birthday you had this year... How will your family and friends TOP this one?????? I'm sure they will --but you have to wait an entire year.. Oh My!!!!!!

    Great set of photos of a beautiful woman and her family/friends.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like 46 loads of fun!
    Happy Bday all year long sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you got the celebration you deserved!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful birthday! Sounds like 46 was good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll tell ya, Suz. You are loved, loved, loved1 Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so happy for you! And (again) "YOU ROOK MAHVELOUS, DAHLING...and you know who you are!" Your clothes, hair and overall style are fab. The love and laughter you inspire are even better. Happy days to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated Birthday and you DO look fabulous.
    Glad you had a wonderful celebration !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well if I had a day like that, I wouldn't mind turning 46 either! Minus the Home Depot part - definitely not my favorite store ;-) You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had a fun birthday. I wouldn't mind turning 46 again. Because the last time I was there was 15 years ago! Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely celebration of such an obviously loved woman! The haircut looks Fabulous and your birthday dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you got a celebration worthy of your birthday! Your blue dress is fabulous and the birthday haircut is very cute! Nice to see such happy, smiling faces. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a fab birthday - and can I just say that you look marvelous?

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.