Pages

July 16, 2013

Making a Masterpiece

While we were on vacation, my MIL had a birthday. 
{Coach's Step-Mom}
She is always so good to all of us and makes a big deal out of our birthdays. 
 Before we left I told her we had something planned after her day. She was excited as were we.
Girls Night! We took her to dinner and then on to being an artist!
 Not one of us is really artistic. Ok, Lolo is VERY artistic. But for Judy and I, we added wine and voila': Artists!
 We were given step by step instructions....but NOT color by numbers. Promise.
All four of us loved our finished pieces. "Genie in a bottle"

Good news travels fast because the next morning we received a call from Christie's auction house wanting our art work!
{NOT}

If you have a place like this in your town; go and have fun. We did!

14 comments:

  1. What a fun night!! And I love how wine makes us instant whatevers :) Artists. Dancers. Boom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh! I can't believe you went without me!!!!!! but the paintings looks great!!!!! and I bet you had a great time :) lets go paint soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and lunch. lunch soon. Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow---I didn't know that wine would make us instant artists... I would have tried that long ago. ha ha

    All four of you did well with your paintings.... SO--it sounds like MIL had a great day!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a place kind of like this and I see posts and pics on FB about it, but I've never tried it. It looks super fun though. What a memory you all made. Love it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wine makes everything better, doesn't it? ;-) Love the artwork! We have a place like that here and now I really want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds as if you had a wonderful and fun girl's night out. I think all four of you are truly budding artists.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL! :) I love how everybody had a different "interpretation" of the vase! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. They came out beautiful! Question - - where do you hang three of the same pic? Or do you store two and they have to take them with them when they move out? The best part is each time you look at the work of art, you will remember the great time you had painting it with your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that! I've never seen any place like that. You are so fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea - and how cool that your MIL is also such a good gal to hang out with. She sounds like a blessing to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOw! They all look so professional. What a cool b-day gift.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wine! That's what I was missing in art class all my life!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.