Pages

May 28, 2013

22

If you think I'm going to share Taylor Swift's new song '22' with you....I'm not.
But it is catchy, like a bad-cold catchy.

Hidey Ho neighbor!
Whats happening in your 'hood?
The Coach and I celebrated 22 years of marriage this weekend. I know. I can't believe he hasn't fled the country by now either.
If he only knew the location of our safety deposit box, then that passport could be all his.
{The upside to ME being the ONLY one who knows where anything is....if only he moved that jar of mayo, he could be free!}

We spent a low key weekend at home....and that suits me just fine. We got quite a few chores done as well as some needed R & R.
I shared this before/after photo on face book....22 years of steadily kicking the azz of those negative marriage statistics.
The after photo was from our Costa Rica trip last summer. Just seeing this picture makes me just want to sob.  Whennn cannn I goooo bacckkk?????
Yeah, I'm a baby like that.

I thought about sharing with you the poem Coach wrote me, but I don't want to be responsible for any wives who decided shank their non-poem writing husbands.
It's that good.

So, how was your weekend? Low on the sobbing and high on the R & R'ing?

Woot Woot, it's already TUESDAY people!

XOXO





14 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You were babies, so cute! Thanks for not sharing the epic poem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe you have been married for 22 years. You must have got married when you were 8 because you don't look a day over 30.

    Wishing you many more years of together.
    Go back to Costa Rica ASAP. I insist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, my sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if only everyone realized how you really are saving the world, one shank-free weekend at a time :) i think that man might be lost without you... or at least living in a world that was a whole lot less fun! happy 22 to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you and Coach.. I am so happy for you. My son and his wife of almost 20 yrs in Texas (the one with the two daughters --that remind me of your family) are getting a divorce (if they can't work things out). It's sad ---but just LIFE I guess.... Right now, things are very ugly.. Say a prayer please.

    Hope you two kids had a wonderful weekend celebration.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Woo hoo! You both looked adorable. And still do. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary! That's so sweet he wrote you a poem and even more sweet that you're keeping it just for your eyes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you to beat the statistics like that! Being married to a coach would make a person a bit competitive.
    We had company this weekend so today is my first day to relax! I hope to get pics posted tonight or starting tomorrow for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness...Taylor Swift is ANNOYING

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary to a couple that just gets better looking with each passing year. Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet and wonderful, YOU guys :) 22! we are right behind ya....

    ReplyDelete
  12. But you didn't wear your veil in the photo...you said it still fit!

    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary to you! 22 years is a big deal:) Oh and that Taylor Swift song, I embarass the heck out of my kids every time in comes on the radio by singing it at the top of my lungs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is it possible that you both look the same? Congrats! You don't look a day over 21! ;)

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.