Pages

December 14, 2009

Oh Deer!

It is D Monday!!!

I walked out this morning and saw this:

P1030888

You would think it was a dliema, but I knew what happened. We had some guys here all weekend working on repairing stucco around the house…they clearly did not care for my deer. dorks.

Those deer reminded me of these deer:

P1030893

Vixen is my favorite! But Dancer, well he reminded me of my Dancing Daughter:

scan0009 Lindsay salsa 2009

Did I ever tell you of her dangerously weird dexterity? I was going to photograph some of her bending parts, but decided it might make you drop your doughnut.

My other daughter? Quite the Dichotomy. She is an athlete. She is a girly girl.

LoLo tag at 1st LoLo Homecoming 2009

She is very diverse.

I only wish my Dad could see my Daughters…He would have loved them to death.

dad, J and L 1993 He met LoLo one time. I had to sneak her into the hospital…I am so glad I did. This is the only picture I have of them together.

My Dad did love to dance…and he played softball his entire life until he got sick. How genetically delightful is that? Not the getting sick part, the dancing and softball part?

And you know my other D Word: Dogs. This morning as I was picking up my dropped deer..the dogs were running like maniacs on the dirty driveway.

P1030889

I can never think of the letter D and NOT think of my Dear friend Dawn. We have been friends for…for… forever I think. Ok, maybe not forever, but at least 10 years????

Dawn has a birthDay coming up next weekend, yeah for her. I can’t wait until she catches up with me in age. any year now….

DSCN4190

She is a delight, a doll, aDorable and everyone should have a Dawn in their life!!!!

Happy Monday everyone.

To see how others used D this week, visit Jen’s blog at A-Z mondays

24 comments:

  1. Good Morning Suzanne, Wonderful pictures of your girls and how special to have that one photo of Lo and your Dad. Yes, he would dearly love your children and would be so proud of their many accomplishments.
    I have visited Dawn too and I know you two are great friends.
    Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only you could make me cry twice today. seriously. my life would be so much less without you. way, way less...

    i loved all of your "D" stuff :)
    i do feel awful for those decapitated deer...
    maybe you need a rating on this post. not XXX like a couple others that have scarred my eyes, but just one for weak stomachs? not everyone can stand seeing decapitation. :)
    love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The header picture of your girls is so cute! And now I need to go check out your real life friend's blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of your D stuff. Your daughters are so pretty. I only have one pic of my daughter with my mom taken a couple monthes before she passed on. That is a great thing to have. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dear, the deer ;)

    Love your D stuff! And I love your new pic of the girls ... soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is so beautiful. I love the new masthead photo!

    It was absolutely right that you smuggled that gorgeous baby into the hospital so that your dad could hold her. Imagine the difference that one contact made in his life, holding the future in his hands, when he was so ill.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suz, Your daughters are both so gorgeous. Isn't it amazing how two girls could be from the same Mommy and Daddy --and yet be so different???? My two Texas Grands are as different as night and day!!!!

    I could cry when thinking that my parents would have loved my grands... AND neither one were here to meet George. I hope they are smiling down --and know just how happy I am these days.

    I have a "Dawn" in my life also.. Her name is JUDY.

    Love you,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Delightful 'D' post, filled with dogs, deer and dears. I really like the header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe your deer... the nerve!

    Your pooches playing cracked me up.. they look like they don't know they're big. Too cute! : )

    I don't blame you for sneaking in the baby... I remember my mom sneaking me in to a hospital one time. I was glad she did.

    Maybe your D word for today should have been 'diverse'. This post is all over the place! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of delightful D's. I love the dancer shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I LOVE the new header photo!! Those two are so damn beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your daughters are beautiful and talented. Those shots you took are EXCELLENT!!!

    The picture of your dad and the baby brought tears to my eyes. I'm missing my dad (Scotty) a lot today.

    The 'D' words were fun. I've not seen it done before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That picture with your dad, what a blessing!

    The workers were awfully mean to your deer. Goodness!

    Your girls are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your "D"s!! That photo of your father looking at your daughter was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well... the only "Dawn" I know (besides the amazing dishwashing liquid) was my ex's mistress so I have to work real hard to associate that name with anything happy.

    Oh, wait - she helped me realize I was with a giant loser and set me free.

    I love Dawn! :-D

    ps: your daughters are sooo gorgeous, and talented too... thanks for sharing their smiles with us. And your father's photo brought a tear to my eye...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dichotomous daughters are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Monday Suz!!
    Your D's were Delightful!! except for the dismembered deer. ;(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh--so sweet the photo of your Daughter and your Dad. Those are precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that note and pic of your Dad...and the boxers! Thats our breed too! LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Dawn. I love your deer. I do NOT love the stucco men that disrespected the deer. I love your daughters. I LOVE their dancing. And most of all I LOVE your Dad and I am so glad you had that sort of beautiful love in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all your D words that you came up with. Your dad sounds wonderful and how nice that these great things you remember about him, are passed down to your daughters. How precious is that picture you have of him with your girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I don't even really know you and I'M so glad you snuck Lo in to meet your Dad! What a great picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love all of your list. What a sweet picture of your daughter and your dad. I'm so glad there are 26 letters!! These are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  24. enjoyed your d's! I love my dad too and Dawn as well--she is one sweet gal!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.