Pages

May 28, 2019

How to celebrate 28 years of wedded bliss without committing murder

May 25th, 1991 was the day the heavens opened up, the angels swooped down and we said our vows in front of our family, friends, Minister and perhaps some future ex-cons.


It's been a really fun ride with some ups and downs, but mostly ups. I'm not a big fan of heights, but I'm persevering the high highs.
People sometimes ask how we've got along so well for SO long (34 years) and I always say, "it takes a lot of patience." (for the Coach) I'm a piece of work and he's simple.


We were discussing something the other day and it was along the lines of me being a bit high maintenance. (I'm really NOT that bad, but we both have $$ taste in some ways)
I said: "you didn't know what you were getting into."
His response: "Yeah, I didn't know you'd need to go from the Trailer park to The Four Seasons."

Whatevs. I once saw a trailer park named The Four Seasons.

So what did we do to commemorate 28 years?
Well, we were both pretty excited to make our first batch of homemade dog food. For Callie. 
(in case you thought it was for us)
And yes, she loved it!


Then we went to a graduation party for four of Coach's softball players. We had a pretty low-key weekend as Coach is recovering from some sort of bizarre infection in the dermis layer of his knee. He's supposed to take it easy.

Suz's first party selfie. 
How CUTE IS THIS SHORTS ROMPER? 
I never find cute stuff like this that fits my shape. 



I took that pic in the bathroom of the party to share with Lolo and Lindsay as all three of us are obsessed with rompers and jumpsuits.
I asked the Coach before we left the house: "Can I wear this and get away with it with my almost 52-year-old legs?"
His response was stellar:

"Yes, you look fine."

Honestly, he's lucky to be alive today.

Happy Tuesday Y'all.

XO

6 comments:

  1. Congrats you two love birds! Callie is lucky to have you as her peeps! You look beautiful in the selfie and that is a cute romper! Love and hugs to you and yours. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!!!
    Your wedding photo is beautiful!
    Steve and I are right there with you...June 29, 1991.
    And my dress had that exact same bow on the back!
    I LOVE your romper!!!
    You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Yep, another 28 years over here too...it really is a miracle that murder (of him OR me) hasn't happened here either. That romper is really cute - I can't do romper's but admire those that can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I hope you go at least another 28 years without committing murder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful, Callie might get so used to home cooking she won't want to go back to dog food. Happy Anniversary. Both of you have gotten better with age so you must be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...my sweetie has been my wife for 51 years and my girlfriend for 53! Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.