Pages

April 08, 2013

The Daddy-Long-Legs Saga.

A saga I live through at least once a month:
Scene: My bathroom. I'm peeing primping.
I look at the wall and see a random Daddy Long Legs wandering up the wall.

SUZ:Well. Look at him go. 
Wandering around like he has somewhere to be. 
Really. Where can he be going? 
Does he have a plan? 
Is he trying to reconnect with his family? 
Does he have a life? An agenda? 
I wonder if his name is Arthur or David. 
Or maybe his name is something crazy like Stephen. That is not Steven, it's Stephen....just so you know.

DLL:--------------no thoughts-------no thoughts--------no thoughts-------------------

SUZ: Well, if I kill him quickly, will he feel it? 
Will he worry about his family? 
Will he screech at the top of his daddy long legs lungs: "the injustice of it all!!!"?

And then the moment comes and goes.
I have to serve the injustice of it all.
I actually feel bad.
It is the longest 6 seconds of my life.



17 comments:

  1. Oh! I just ended a scorpion's dreams in my kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you squished him?! i thought you were a nature lover! hee, hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How prejudicial of you to assume that DLL has no thoughts. I'm shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those guys are inside, like, esp. in the bathroom? ALL BETS ARE OFF and its like "off with his head!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm relieved to know that someone else in this world has a thought process like that prior to killing an insect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those things freak me out. They seem so big because of their legs. Cree-py! : P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I am one of those people with many friends who transport spiders and bugs outside. I have absolutely NO problem squishing almost any and all bugs that come into the house. Outside, that's your space. Inside, my space. However, for some reason, Daddy Longlegs is the only one that I will grant a pardon and take outside. I've heard they eat mosquitos so maybe that is their redeeming quality to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. I was already in Naples for the Opera Day From Hell. Didn't get to see a thing other than the inside of my car, I-75, and the opera pit. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daddy long legs are pretty much the only spiders that I will grant a pardon. All the others forfeit their lives once they come in the house...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So that's why I haven't heard from my brother, Stephen! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if he was big enough he could bite you, sooooo, git rid of the bugger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Poor DLL. I can only hope his relatives don't come looking for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just grab him in your hand and put him outside to eat all those mosquitoes that eat you!! He is harmless....and very cute if you look at him closely. They are good bugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't believe it took you six seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Six seconds?!!! It doesn't even take me one. No spiders in this house! None!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL I don't think, I just run screaming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Six seconds is too much! Stop thinking and making up pretend conversations. You just gotta SMUSH!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.