Pages

May 04, 2012

Picture purge and a few words thrown in for good measure.

The photos are in no particular order. {Like my brain lately} All are from our recent trip to Chicago. I've got no explanation for most of them. or for me.

Lets talk.
Do you have someone in your life who is an idiot?


 You know, that person who constantly makes the same mistakes over and over and over.


Oprah is still in Chicago, she's got a new gig. 

And the idiot keeps getting the same results over and over and over.
Then the idiot calls you crying about this and that. Over and Over and over again. Needing advice. Needing help.


 You know, you can have almost the same upbringing, the same family, the same shared experiences, and one of you turns out to be an idiot. 
Annoying.


And when you point out to the idiot that "hey, you are making the same mistake again. and again. and again."


And the idiot has the nerve to be offended.
And I resist the urge to stick a spoon in her eye.



If only common sense was easily accessible to everyone.
What? Don't you have to sign up for the common sense class early?


new kids on the block. wearing shorts. cra cra. 


If there is ONE thing I know for sure, annoying people can bore you to tears with their sad life that they created themselves.


The apple of my eye.


I'll not bore you with anymore of my little rant.
I'm actually over it now.
Thanks for listening.


Oh deer. 



Am I alone in this? I kinda hope so....if you have an idiot in your life, raise your hand!
Oh, now you just look silly.
But that is ok.
Silly is acceptable, being an idiot is not.

Did you like our little jaunt around Chicago? It was nice of you to give the homeless guy some cash, you are so giving.

Now, give me some love and have a beautiful idiot free weekend.
xoxo






20 comments:

  1. o/ <----- that's me raising my hand ;)

    LOVE Chicago! Can't wait until Zach gets a little older so we can take him to the aquarium and museums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step away from the spoons. and yes we all suffer from idiots (I have even been one myself) but to repeat and repeat is (I think) a desperate attempt for attention and hugs. Like pets they should only be rewarded for good behavior. (And swatted on the nose with a rolled up newspaper for bad) So I hope you have a nose swatting free weekend. XXOOXX j
    Love your pics of Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a saying around here, "you can't fix stupid" I think that applies to idiots too! I have to confess to being a idiot a few dozen times in my life, but I'm starting to get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: Love the photos! Especially the deer, what a cool art thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, ha, ha sometimes i feel i'm surrounded by idiots! really, it's sad there are so many out there. i guess they have to learn the hard way.

    have a great weekend Suz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm raising my hand. :)
    Love the pictures. I'm from the midwest, yet I've never been to Chicago. I don't know how that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Raised my hand, looked silly - got the t-shirt? Oh, yes, the story you told (as you treated us to those lovely photos of your trip) is very, very, very familiar to me. You are not alone, nor is your "idiot" (okay, now I feel like I should say a prayer for them).
    Have a great weekend, and while you're at it, could you send a little sunshine and heat up here, please? We are still using our furnace. Thanks so much! ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I grew up in northern Indiana near Chicago, so I enjoyed the jaunt very much. The Apple Store is new since the last time I visited -- it's very snazzy. I'm pretty sure I'll have an idiot-free weekend, and I hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hand is raised and waving madly! I have an idiot who keeps hanging on no matter how often I insult her. So needy that I once told her she should be telling all this to a therapist but she said I was the only one who understood her. Really? I'm the only one who thinks you are an idiot?

    ReplyDelete
  10. AGH! Both hands raised! I have a niece who is so full of self pity I want to gag! Ok, so I really want to gag her! So ya, idiots bedamned! You just keep smilin...and takin great pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think every family has an idiot. Guess that's when living so far away from any kind of family is a positive thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. do they have common sense classes? that could be my new go-to gift!! xoxo

    love the chicago pix. now it is like i've been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos, Suzanne. Wishing you a carefree weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos. I haven't been to Chicago in years.

    ReplyDelete
  15. God, my city is beautiful!!!

    Just a little food for thought - If you can't think of who the idiot is in your group, chances are it's YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo...over here...(wavin' both hands and a leg in the air). I know, it's an awesome sight.

    When someone keep repeatin' the same old mistake over and over again, I like to use the word of Dr. Phill, "...and how's that workin' of ya?"

    It puts the ball in their court instead of point a finger at 'em 'cause we all know 'that dog won't hunt'!!!

    Loved the picture tour of the 'windy' city sweetie!!!

    God bless ya an have an amazin' weekend dear heart!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do believe we can all relate to you and your "problem" person. When you live life, you interact with all kinds - - - and some we would like to avoid, we can't. It's like the movie, Groundhog's Day, or it's like being stuck in The Twilight Zone and you can't get away from it.
    I love the pics of that mirrored arch. Does it have a name?
    And is it time for an update on "Screen"? I don't remember her whole name - - - something like Sasha . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best city ever! Still jealous of your Chi Town girl reunion! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are really great pictures of the bean! Love em!

    ReplyDelete

You read it, now share your thoughts.